louris

Oct 27, 2017
Seasonal characters "become eternal" when Seasons end, right? You get to keep them. But if you built them with a particular mechanic or gimick in mind, they wouldn't work the same way once they go eternal. Do we know how that will work?

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Seasonal characters "become eternal" when Seasons end, right? You get to keep them. But if you built them with a particular mechanic or gimick in mind, they wouldn't work the same way once they go eternal. Do we know how that will work?
At this point, we don't know any specifics about what will come with the seasons, so hopefully we'll learn that soon.

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA

We don't really know, but in Diablo 3 most of the seasonal mechanics didn't carry over to the normal servers.

In some instances, special weapons that used seasonal mechanics would actually disappear from your inventory and you'd have to go grab a new one real fast haha.

Again, we don't really know if the seasonal mechanics for D4 will be anything like the ones we saw in the nearly 40 seasons of Diablo 3.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
We don't really know, but in Diablo 3 most of the seasonal mechanics didn't carry over to the normal servers.

In some instances, special weapons that used seasonal mechanics would actually disappear from your inventory and you'd have to go grab a new one real fast haha.

Again, we don't really know if the seasonal mechanics for D4 will be anything like the ones we saw in the nearly 40 seasons of Diablo 3.
If anything we know they are aiming for much bigger content this time around

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
There's like 5 classes, and from what little I've seen each class has like 4-5 different good builds.

Some are frustrated about making new characters, I'm just excited. It lets me want to do new experiences on new seasons to get even more out of the whole package, really. Then again, I'm playing slowly and am only lv30 in Act 1, so :p

Samalis

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they actually add a ton of season changes to help with the 60-100 grind. Some kind of endgame to look forward to besides Uber Lillith is needed but if the 60-100 grind is the same none of my friend group will come back for it. It's depressing how little variation there is in nightmare dungeons. Adding hard version of the story bosses at the end of them would even be ok instead of the same recycled nightmare dungeon bosses. But the big issue is the nightmare grind just for 1 endgame content, uber lillith.

Hoping Blizzard has something up their sleeve for season 1

Oct 29, 2017
There's absolutely no way the majority of "veteran" players are "furious" about this. This is how seasons in this series have worked for decades at this point, lol.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
There's absolutely no way the majority of "veteran" players are "furious" about this. This is how seasons in this series have worked for decades at this point, lol.
Yeah it's mostly just the very vocal minority of casual players that jumped in because it was the latest thing.

Everyone I know in real life and online are pumped for the season and are desperately wanting the balance patch notes so they can cement their seasonal build.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
The only mmorpgs i play are gta and destiny and its nice how much the community has pushed bungie from traditional loops like this. Im assuming this isnt ideal btw. If players like this then id love to hear it.

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the people complaining didn't even know seasonal resets were a thing. They've never experienced it and just pre-judged it. Like that blogger... not even willing to consider that his position just didn't make sense to veterans of the series.

And comparing this game to non-arpgs is just silly.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I found 50-60 kinda painful. I'm not sure I have the grind in me anymore.

Got no issue with having to make a new character. It just ain't for me. Will see how season 1 goes though

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
The only mmorpgs i play are gta and destiny and its nice how much the community has pushed bungie from traditional loops like this. Im assuming this isnt ideal btw. If players like this then id love to hear it.

First, this isn't a MMO, it's an ARPG. Second, the majority of people who enjoy the ARPG genre like seasonal resets. The entire genre revolves around building characters, maximizing their power, and then trying something new.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
First, this isn't a MMO, it's an ARPG. Second, the majority of people who enjoy the ARPG genre like seasonal resets. The entire genre revolves around building characters, maximizing their power, and then trying something new.
So its a good mechanic then. I still dont know how i feel about sunsetting going away or whether it was positive for the game.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
So its a good mechanic then. I still dont know how i feel about sunsetting going away or whether it was positive for the game.

Nothing is sunset either. Seasonal characters are moved to the permanent "Eternal" realm (server) after a season ends. So they're still available to play for people that want to do so even after the season ends. The original purpose of seasons in Diablo 2 was to totally reset the in game economy every few months, and also reset the competitive ladder. Eventually it also became an excuse for people to try new classes and builds as new Ladder resets happened.

The only characters that get removed are Hardcore characters when they die, but that's the entire point of Hardcore.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
How about the time sink? Is it easy to manage this? I ignored this in diablo 3.
unless youre doing races or aiming for leaderboards, these games are not competitive. the time sink is "playing the game". you put a goal for a season (reach/beat a certain boss, take a certain build to endgame, farm a certain item) and you do it for as long as you have fun. and then a new season/league with new items, skills, content will come up and you try something new. theres only any pressure if you put one onto yourself

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I have over a thousand hours in the series. I love the system.

It gives me a good reason to try new classes and new builds. It helps me take new approaches to the game and keeps the game fresh. Each season feels like a new start.

The majority of the playerbase loves it. Thats why they keep doing it.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
unless youre doing races or aiming for leaderboards, these games are not competitive. the time sink is "playing the game". you put a goal for a season (reach/beat a certain boss, take a certain build to endgame, farm a certain item) and you do it for as long as you have fun. and then a new season/league with new items, skills, content will come up and you try something new. theres only any pressure if you put one onto yourself
I have over a thousand hours in the series. I love the system.

It gives me a good reason to try new classes and new builds. It helps me take new approaches to the game and keeps the game fresh. Each season feels like a new start.

The majority of the playerbase loves it. Thats why they keep doing it.
Ty.