• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
About time. Pretty wild that the only way to play these monumental games on Playstation in the past decade has been the blurry old PS2 classic versions.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
They totally took down the community made mods so they can bundle them into a thing and sell it right? I'm not expecting much from this, only way I would is if they completely revamped them and not just did what the mods were already doing.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
The worst outcome out of all this for the Switch is, you get 1 Switch cartridge for 1 GTA game, then you need to download the rest of the 2 GTA games.

Meaning the worst thing I have to face is having to require internet download. :(

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remain sceptical there will be massive upgrades, even QoL stuff would probably break the games and doing that many games, fixing changing stuff, yeah don't see it. Probably super sharp with some nice water but if they really go far, I would like to be wrong. Personally just in it for the soundtracks and locales rather than game play which was bad at the time but hey, that was a long time ago, I actually played GTA then, still haven't bought V 😂

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Oh man I replayed Vice City on PC last year for the nth time and I still love it, I hope this is true. I prefer how it plays so much more than the newer ones, hopefully it'll play the same as the originals.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's sacrilegious to say but I hope they add some better physics to them. It's really hard for me to go back to a city sandbox without some ragdoll. Which is why I love GTA 4 also.

seady

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 21, 2019
Switch is the only system that matters here. Don't really care for playing it on home console.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I have the trilogy for steam but I can see myself getting this remaster for PlayStation

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want to go back to the PS2 type controls. I understand that updating the controls would make it a much larger project though.

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
Been dreaming of these on Switch for years. Hopefully we get Bully at some point too. I think I remember an ESRB rating for all of these plus Bully for switch a couple years back?

stormfire

Nov 26, 2018
Explains all the DMCA takedowns they're issuing against mods that bring the old maps into new games, etc. and the weird phrasing around it.

More strikes this week
www.resetera.com

Take-Two Issues Another Wave Of DMCAs For GTA Mods News

This news comes via prominent GTA mod repository LibertyCity.net. Mods confirmed to be the victim of DMCA takedowns include efforts to bring the settings of Bully, Manhunt, and GTA: Vice City into the engine of Grand Theft Auto V. Mods that don't feature content from older Rockstar games aren't...

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
I would honestly love this. Need to get on platinuming GTA:VC so I can redo these three remastered. (Please port the PSP ones if this does well)

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch? Wow! This is unprecedented given the turmoiled relationship between Nintendo and Rockstar since the GCN days. Times have really changed.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Really can't see the gameplay of GTA3 or the keep CJ fit stuff being all that welcome in 2021. I think they would need overhauled, not just remastered.

spam flakes

Oct 27, 2017
lol I bought the trilogy like the other month because I really wanted to play San Andreas again.

And I'll buy these too...

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Hopefully the remastering work will also include some gameplay improvements and QOL features because these games haven't aged well at all.

Jun 22, 2021
All I need, all I hope for is checkpoints in the missions and for the controls to be similar to gta v (don't want to be driving with the X button)

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
can they tidy up the controls without borking gameplay?
This is a really good question. I think a major overhaul probably wouldn't be possible without really changing the gameplay, but I'm not totally sure how much Rockstar might care about that. After all, they released the mobile versions with touchscreen controls as default and they're barely playable with those controls.

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
24d0e59984a2f347ae9addb459dd6bbd.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Please, Rockstar.

Don't fuck up like you did for the original PS4 releases and make this digital only. These games NEED to be something one can find on a shelf as a stocking stuffer/cheap gift. I can only imagine the lost sales by keeping them a ps store exclusive