Oct 29, 2017
unfinished/rushed cleanup two seconds into the trailer, if there was ever any doubt trailers have to be rushed too.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Think this is more of a tv spot than an actual trailer. Looking good though!

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Man this looks rad, I love that ending shot with the rings around him.

Also uh..hows about that spider-man trailer..marvel please..

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Man this looks rad, I love that ending shot with the rings around him.

Also uh..hows about that spider-man trailer..marvel please..

They don't just drop these trailers whenever. There are marketing plans for this.

Also, Sony is the one that makes decisions on Spider-Man trailers. Probably saving close to Venom 2. I'd say it's more likely you see the second Venom 2 trailer by next week for Suicide Squad

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017

Marvel Studio's Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Trailer #3

This is not Trailer 3.

Just a heads up that you might want to change the title of the thread so people don't get their hopes up and then get disappointed or frustrated.
It's one of those mini-clips that they release for use on TV to help push the movie, usually under 60 seconds which this also is.

Trailer 3, if there is one, will likely drop mid-late August closer to the film's release.

Last edited:

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This is not Trailer 3.

Just a heads up that you might want to change the title of the thread so people don't get their hopes up and then get disappointed or frustrated.
It's one of those mini-clips that they release for use on TV to help push the movie, usually under 60 seconds which this also is.

Trailer 3, if there is one, will likely drop mid-late August closer to the film's release.
Yeah since this is only 1 minute it's definitely a teaser not a full trailer

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
I remain interested in the father/son arc but some of the more mystical/fantasy stuff remains a bit awkward to me.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'll be waiting for this to come out on D+ or VOD. No premiere access is a big bummer.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Do you remember those sincere posts in the Endgame thread from people saying that after Endgame there would be no point in watching the MCU anymore?

lol.
I've still seen people saying this recently.

I guess it speaks to Marvel landing a satisfying ending for Endgame to accept the Infinity Saga as a complete story in the way that people didn't for the Skywalker Saga.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
They made a great choice having the rings behave like that, especially if they're inspired by martial arts stuff like they seem to be. The shot of them being suspended and an extension of one's arms is very cool.

In any case, I'm excited about this one. Hopefully Akwafina's character isn't too annoying, also getting Darcy vibes and while I generally like her and the actor, most of her humour I dislike.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to see that the fight scenes aren't edited like every other MCU movie.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they'll reinvent them or make them more interesting. By today's standards and tropes, the original conceit of the rings is really lame.
I don't know, a guy building weapons out of the scrap of a starship seems pretty cool to me

70vw3htstid31.jpg

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
This is not Trailer 3.

I think that Kevin Feige said the official trailer is the last one. That fits with how they've been doing 2 trailers, a teaser and an official trailer. I think Black Widow is the only film in recent memory that had an additional trailer, and that was because of the delay and them restarting their marketing.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
Did they remove this release from D+ Premiere Access? That ending tag said "only in theaters".

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I think that Kevin Feige said the official trailer is the last one. That fits with how they've been doing 2 trailers, a teaser and an official trailer. I think Black Widow is the only film in recent memory that had an additional trailer, and that was because of the delay and them restarting their marketing.

That's true, Feige did say that which confused fans because it was hard to believe that the final trailer would come out over 2 months before the movie comes out. Looks like he meant it. This isn't the real trailer #3 nor do I see them releasing one after this.

The marketing campaign has basically begun with this trailer and this is what we should continue to expect in the next 5 weeks. It'll be continuous drips one after another similar to Black Widow near its release.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I couldn't help but notice that Wenwu still had all 10 of his rings in this scene, so it looks like Shang-Chi somehow acquires 5 new rings.

TK5NWQU.gif

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
I couldn't help but notice that Wenwu still had all 10 of his rings in this scene, so it looks like Shang-Chi somehow acquires 5 new rings.

TK5NWQU.gif
Or the scene with Shang-Chi could be later in the fight when he gained control of his father's 5 rings. So these two scenes might not be back to back as it seems.

Never underestimate the power of Marvel clever editing to trick us.

Oct 27, 2017
Tony Leung is an absolute legend. Can't wait to see him kill it. In all of these trailers I am hanging on to his every word haha