El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
I've never said WTF so much during an episode.

This was my favorite one so far.

I'm still not a fan of this Loki-on-Loki action.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
image0.jpg

Really, you'd have thought this show killed off Mobius and its lead character in the 4th episode without that scene?
Not really, but it would've been ballsy of them to commit to it. The second the masculine Loki was pruned, I knew it would all be undone.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
There is a problem in taking away death, which is that it removes some of the tension from future episodes. Unless the big bads can do something else?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or did the writing drop off a cliff after episodes 1 and 2. Even Wilson's scenes don't feel as clever as they used to. I still enjoyed the episode but expected a bit more.

Oct 26, 2017
Really, you'd have thought this show killed off Mobius and its lead character in the 4th episode without that scene?

At the very least, Mobus's death seemingly being confirmed to be a fake out is a bummer to me because of how effective it is. Not saying stories need to always kill characters but that was a great out of left field moment.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
The fact that we only see Lokis at the end makes me think it's not a guarantee that everyone else that's been pruned will also come back. Though at this point it wouldn't suprise me too much.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least, Mobus's death seemingly being confirmed to be a fake out is a bummer to me because of how effective it is. Not saying stories need to always kill characters but that was a great out of left field moment.

I actually think they could have easily handled killing off Mobius. Loki visiting mainline Mobius, and forcing whatever event caused his variance after the TVA is gone would have been cool.

Mainline Loki too, but that one would have required they better hammer in Loki's ability to choose their gender at will.

I really hope that Loki's survival is due to his nature as a god and not some silliness about the batons not actually killing.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Much better than Episode 3 and a welcome return to form.

Moment to moment dialogue is still iffy, but the cosmic mystery aspect was back in spades, and that's what I'm here for.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was the best episode yet. Probably my favorite episode of any of the D+ series so far tbh.

So the person running the TVA has to be Kang, right

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that we only see Lokis at the end makes me think it's not a guarantee that everyone else that's been pruned will also come back. Though at this point it wouldn't suprise me too much.

Nah they are. We still need that scene with Mayor Loki getting all the swords pointed at him from the trailers and I think given the set it's clearly in the same area, so it must be scattered pruned variants.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it might be something as simple as the Time Keepers once existed, and automated things, and are either ambivelant and don't care, or are long dead.

Kang's a narccisist like Loki, if he made the TVA, they'd be in his image.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Narratively bringing Kang in only works if the series' emotional arcs are self-contained to the point where it matters little to the substance of the series who created the TVA.

I imagine that is exactly what the writers will be aiming for when we learn why Sylvie was to be pruned.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
There is a problem in taking away death, which is that it removes some of the tension from future episodes. Unless the big bads can do something else?
You mean the writers potentially adding further reveals that add tension now that they've revealed that the batons don't actually disintegrate people? That can't be true that they thought ahead.

I think they just took away their one tool that adds steaks and we should be angry about it right now while we still can.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
for an episode mostly in the TVA there sure was a lack of miss minutes

if I were making this show, the purgatory lokis would have to do battle against a legion of pruned Ms. Minutes variants, different sizes, colors, clock types, etc made of hard light

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Not really, but it would've been ballsy of them to commit to it. The second the masculine Loki was pruned, I knew it would all be undone.

There's nothing ballsy about killing your third lead character in Episode 4 of a 6 episode mini-series.

It's like the most cynical and lazy way to get people to have an emotional reaction to your genre show. If it's some shit Grey's Anatomy does like twice a year, it's not very ballsy.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I....I don't know how to feel about the implied Loki/Sylvie thing, I mean what. I just...huh.

The Lady Sif scene was amazing though and calls back to an actual story from Norse myths lol.

So much to process at 4am.