• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Episode 1 Countdown
Jun 8, 2022 at 2:50 AM.
Click the image above for the Disney+ link.

Marvel Studios' "Ms. Marvel" is an original series that introduces Kamala Khan, a Pakistani-American teenager growing up in Jersey City. An avid gamer and a voracious fan-fiction scribe, Kamala is a Super Hero mega fan with an oversized imagination—particularly when it comes to Captain Marvel. Yet Kamala feels like she doesn't fit in at school and sometimes even at home—that is, until she gets super powers like the heroes she's always looked up to. Life gets better with super powers, right?

Suggested Viewing: Captain Marvel & A Fan's Guide to Ms. Marvel should suffice, more so the former.

Created by Bisha K. Ali
Music by
Laura Karpman
Based on the comics by G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona, Ian Herring, & VC's Joe Caramagna

FT8NafWXwAESNIQ
FT8NbSLX0AAtXwR
FT8Nb4pWQAYsk_A
FT8Nci9XsAA60SE
FT8NdDfWAAQkW2D
FT8NdtxWUAE6vpm
FT8NePuXsAEcC44
FT8Ne_iWQAYTQbn
FT8NfeEXoAA3CRK

The Cast
Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel
Matt Lintz as Bruno Carrelli
Yasmeen Fetcher as Nakia Bahadir
Zenobia Shroff as Muneeba Khan
Mohan Kapoor as Yusuf Khan
Saagar Shaikh as Aamir Khan
Rish Shah as Kamran
Fawad Khan as Hasan
Laurel Marsden as Zoe Zimmer
Arian Moayed as Agent P. Cleary
Adaku Ononogbo as Fariha
Alysia Reiner as Agent Sadie Deever
Azhar Usman as Najaf
Laith Nakli as Sheikh Abdullah
Nimra Bucha as Najma
Travina Springer as Tyesha Hillman
Aramis Knight as Kareem / Red Dagger

Jordan Firstman as Wilson
Mehwish Hayat as Aisha
Samina Ahmad as Sana
Vardah Aziz as Zainab
Anjali Bhimani as Ruby
Alyy Khan as a to-be-confirmed character
Asfandyar Khan as a to-be-confirmed character

Spoilers for released episodes or clips released by Marvel Studios are fair game.

Last edited:

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
The wait between FatWS and this has been agonizing. Six whole weeks!

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The OT title is really dumb. It was Joss Whedon's way of sneaking "whiny c*nt" into a movie for children.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to this thread I now know what quim actually means, I always thought it was a synonym for wench. So Loki straight up calls Black Widow a cunt in Avengers?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Can't wait! Haven't had any time to rewatch any MCU lately but I'm all in on this after WV & TFATWS.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I already sent a request to the mods. The plan was to honor the original OP's wishes. I should have looked further into the reference to find the issue.

I'm...honestly surprised you didn't know that, ngl. It's not the secret-est of things (especially since there was a while where it was popping up a lot as an Avengers reference) and I know you tend to be like insanely on top of this sort of shit.

Still, good you know now, and now this thread's a quick refresher so it's at least useful in that sense. Good replacement OT title, probably would've gone more into "WoOOoOoOw" for the memes but y'know. Solid OT otherwise mate.

Reviews for the first 2 episodes

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reviews starting to hit (First two episodes)

t.co

Loki Review: After a Talky-Talky Start, Disney+’s Third Marvel Series Is a Super Fun ‘Time Detectives’ Two-Hander

REVIEW: Disney+'s 'Loki' series has a talky-talky first hour, but then makes way for an entertaining 'time detectives' two-hander.
t.co

Loki

Tom Hiddleston's Marvel villain gets his own Disney+ series. Read the Empire review.
t.co

‘Loki’ Gives Tom Hiddleston’s Antihero the Spotlight, but Sticks to Marvel’s Superhero Basics: TV Review

Marvel's new Disney Plus series 'Loki,' starring Tom Hiddleston, looks a bit different, but mostly sticks to the MCU's superhero basics.
t.co

Our Spoiler-Free Review of 'Loki,' a Show That Is Already a Triumph

If Disney+ and Marvel Studios' latest standalone effort 'Loki' continues the momentum of its first two episodes, we are in for a treat—and a show that defies genre and expectations.
t.co

‘Loki’ Review: Marvel’s Latest Needs a Little Less Conversation and a Lot More Mischief

The Disney+ limited series starring Tom Hiddleston as the God of Mischief is far less fun than it has every right to be.
t.co

'Loki' Proves That a Great Villain Is Always the Hero of His Own (Weird, Wild, Wonderful) Story — Review

Tom Hiddleston is once again stellar as the titular star of the new Disney+ series 'Loki.'
t.co

‘Loki’ TV Review: The God of Mischief is Out of Time

Marvel’s new Disney+ series features a lot of fun dialogue and twists.
t.co

Disney+’s ‘Loki’: TV Review

The latest Marvel series pairs Tom Hiddleston's God of Mischief with Owen Wilson as a droll agent of timeline control.
t.co

'Loki' Premiere Review - A Clunky Start

The series premiere of 'Loki' on Disney+ definitely shows promise, but doesn't perfectly deliver on its fascinating concept.
t.co

‘Loki’ Entertains, Deconstructs Loki, And Explains The Multiverse

The new Disney+ series ‘Loki’ sets to deconstruct the character of Loki while also explaining the rules of the upcoming multiverse.
t.co

The wonderfully clever Loki spins Tom Hiddleston’s mischief-maker on to a new trajectory – review

Disney+’s latest offering sets up the next chapter of the Marvel Cinematic Universe without making the whole affair feel like homework
t.co

Loki Review: Hiddleston Isn't Holding Back In Slowburn Marvel Mystery

Hiddleston's God of Mischief takes center stage.
t.co

Loki's First Two Episodes Are An Answer To Fans' Prayers | Digital Trends

Marvel's Loki series finally gives the Asgardian trickster his own solo adventure, and the first two episodes make up for a decade of anticipation.
t.co

Loki Is a Fascinatingly Funny Take on Marvel's Greatest Anti-Hero

The latest Disney+ Marvel show, Loki, takes Tom Hiddleston's Asgardian trickster god and thrusts him into a slick and funny time-bending new adventure. At its heart, it is fascinated with asking us to redefine just who Loki really is—to us and to himself.
t.co

Loki episode 1 + 2 review: The best Marvel show yet is here

Give the trickster his due: Loki episode 1 + 2 are amazing

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm...honestly surprised you didn't know that, ngl. It's not the secret-est of things (especially since there was a while where it was popping up a lot as an Avengers reference) and I know you tend to be like insanely on top of this sort of shit.

Still, good you know now, and now this thread's a quick refresher so it's at least useful in that sense. Good replacement OT title, probably would've gone with "WoOOoOoOw" for the memes but y'know. Solid OT otherwise mate.
I'm in a bit of a rush right now given that I have to get groceries with my mom, & the old OP provided the name they were gonna go with. But yeah, my bad for not looking into the issue.

Also, thanks for fixing the title, mods!

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I can't help but wonder if it's a meta-troll to have Loki come out on Odin's Day. He would do that, wouldn't he?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I'm ready! (but am gonna ignore all rumours and leaks as usual, so won't be in this thread much I think)

Screenshot-2020-12-28-Invincible-Iron-Man-2008-503.png

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
came here after the title change reading the first couple posts thinking "damn, people really are tired of Owen Wilson memes..."

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The actual OP isn't bad either! Thanks for setting the thread up.
Given the relatively short notice of picking up the old OP's mantle, I mostly went off the template of the previous MCU D+ OTs. This was what I was originally planning to do, but doing a different font for every single letter (twice for the secondary color effect) was a nightmare even for this alone.

scale.png

I might go back & spruce up the OP later when I get back from the grocery store. But if I end up acting on my original vision, it may take a while.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Given the relatively short notice of picking up the old OP's mantle, I mostly went off the template of the previous MCU D+ OTs. This was what I was originally planning to do, but doing a different font for every single letter (twice for the secondary color effect) was a nightmare even for this alone.

scale.png

I might go back & spruce up the OP later when I get back from the grocery store. But if I end up acting on my original vision, it may take a while.

Love the idea. Tough to get something to clash as hard as the actual logo with the dextures and lighting and colors available etc, but you got pretty close.

Sidenote, the show director confirmed today that this is not a mephisto reference, they just had a bit of satan imagery because Loki is also a god cast out of heaven etc

loki-trailer-mephisto-1623145360758.jpeg