• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Last-Minute Poll: Who is ultimately behind the TVA's machinations?
Oct 25, 2017
Last chance to vote for who you think is the final ultimate commanding galaxy brain behind all of this

strawpoll.com

Who is ultimately behind the TVA's machinations? - Online Poll - StrawPoll

What's your opinion? Vote now: Another Unrevealed Loki Variant, Classic Loki, Ravonna Renslayer, Kang/Immortus, Mobius (or Mobius variant), Sylvie Laufeydottir, He Who Remains, Actu...

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I voted another Loki because that seems like the laziest and most boring revelation which makes it in line with other finales for MCU TV shows so far. Would be nice to be impressed if they decided to shoot higher than that.

Today is the end of this thread's GLORIOUS PURPOSE! T_T

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I voted another Loki because that seems like the laziest and most boring revelation which makes it in line with other finales for MCU TV shows so far. Would be nice to be impressed if they decided to shoot higher than that.

feel the exact same, ive pretty much accepted itll be a loki in some form. Anything else and I will be pleasantly surprised.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017

I honestly want them to stop with this mystery bad guy thing they are doing in their shows so far. The problem of why it probably isn't something else is that you can't introduce THE villain in the final episode like that unless it is purely for set up into the movies or whatever. That's possible I guess, but it's not satisfying either for the show itself.

For me introducing a brand new person like that in the final episode is boring and doesn't let the TV show be its own thing very well. We will see.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The most I could see is Kang being teased, but I think they'll want to hold him back completely until Ant-Man 3.

We'll find out soon.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be a Loki variant because it makes thematical sense with what the show has set up so far (i.e. Loki's are the universe's chaos given form, and the puppet master behind all the chaos would be a Loki for the glorious purpose). Also, the show's getting a second season so there's no need to tie everything up in a neat bow.

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah, after Falcon/WV, have to expect the most boring reveal. Especially WV, which had so many interesting ways they could gone and they went with the most boring, vanilla ending they could think of. Loki has been good, but i still think the first episode was the best. It hasn't reached that height since imo. The Lamentus ep was the low point i think. But the last episode was pretty good, so hope they can stick the landing.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'm just about going to bed
Because I didnt have the foresight to set the poll to autoclose at the time of premiere, this screenshot will have to serve as some form of finality
If someone else is up at like 11:55pm pst maybe they can post another if they feel like it, but I dont expect things to drastically change, these vote proportions have basically remained stable the whole time

At 242 votes the winner is Loki Variant with Kang/Immortus not far behind and Classic Loki trailing far behind in third
We'll see who was right in a couple hours

0C4GkY6.jpg

Well, some of you will see who was right in a couple hours. I won't be watching it until sometime tomorrow maybe about 11 hours from now.

Last edited:

bad_carbs

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Kang created the TVA, but a Loki variant somehow managed to overthrow him and is currently running the show. That's my guess.

It kinda explains Ravonna's objective. I think she was brainwashed until she met Sylvie, who accidentally unlocked her memories. And now she's using her and Loki to get to Boss Loki

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Kang, or rather Immortus, would be cool, but given how all the other Disney + shows have played out, the big bad being a Loki variant seems thematically the most likely, and most predictable, outcome.

MrCheez

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know if she'll end up being the actual big bad or not, but I'm definitely anticipating some sort of confrontation with Miss Minutes

LOVE this show. So sad it's already ending (but also super excited to see the ep)

MrCheez

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I originally had no intention of waiting up to midnight for every episode... but man, just can't resist with this show.

Why can't Disney+ do some sort of 'prime time' release schedule :(

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly want them to stop with this mystery bad guy thing they are doing in their shows so far. The problem of why it probably isn't something else is that you can't introduce THE villain in the final episode like that unless it is purely for set up into the movies or whatever. That's possible I guess, but it's not satisfying either for the show itself.

For me introducing a brand new person like that in the final episode is boring and doesn't let the TV show be its own thing very well. We will see.
There is not even a good candidate for a villain that has been already introduced.

-Renslayer is unlikely since in Sylvie's flashback she is a Hunter and not even a judge yet and she seems to be working for whoever is in charge, whether she actually knows who it is or not.
-It could be a variant Mobius since they've teased that another Mobius may be working with Renslayer, but he doesn't seem to have the motivation to have only one Mobius working there, or to set up the TVA/sacred timeline, or to go after a bunch of Lokis
-Maybe Classic Loki just needed the help of competent Lokis that weren't backstabbing each other to get rid of Alioth and that is why he couldn't get past that end of the timeline. He has been around the longest after all and probably knows a thing or two. The thing is that his backstory sounds legit and he doesn't seem all that bad. He would have also had to have been betrayed by Renslayer to be pruned to the end of the timeline, which doesn't sound like much of a mastermind thing to happen.
-President Loki seems pretty evil but not very competent and he already had his plans fail almost as soon as we met him
-Sylvie seems like she has had her life taken from her and her quest to stop the TVA seems legit
-Maybe it's Miss Minutes, but if that's the case, I have no idea who she is or what her goal is. It'd be a pretty left-field reveal, despite her being a little sus.

That makes it seem like even if it's another variant Loki, who seems like the most likely candidate at this point, it's totally a brand new villain they are introducing in this final episode. We may be familiar with Loki variants in general, and another variant may be very similar to Lokis we already know, but there will have to be something about this Loki that makes them different and we'll have to learn what that is and their backstory, and if that's the case, I think basically anything is on the table. He Who Remains or Kang/Immortus would be the same deal; you are going to have to explain what is going on.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna catch a few Zzzs. I'll sign back on after I've watched the episode. See ya on the other side, Marvel-ERA.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Coming for the Croki. Staying for the Kang.

Based on the Easter eggs I am hoping for a Kang tease. Based on the track record I assume I should keep my expectations low.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to the finale. I kind of hope this sets up Kang as a major villain going forward, but expect the central villain is another Loki variant. Should be fun either way though.