• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
no... the probleam is really compatibility with certain set of instructions, read my previous post.
The hardware Ms said they had to put on Xbone was to read the texture formats, it can be done in software but it's slower.

The cpu also has some customizations but that sounds more like adding instructions for translating virtual addresses to jaguar, again for performance reasons (and most desktop cups already has instructions like that)

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
From his Discord:

SJHum7J.png

Should someone make a new thread for this?
Does he have any credibility? I mean he's said Nier Automata is coming to Switch - my favourite game of last year which also happened to run like absolute dog shit on PS4 Pro and at a paltry 1080p, all despite the basic graphics. I've no idea how a Switch version would be possible on that basis which makes me question him somewhat.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Does he have any credibility? I mean he's said Nier Automata is coming to Switch - my favourite game of last year which also happened to run like absolute dog shit on PS4 Pro and at a paltry 1080p, all despite the basic graphics. I've no idea how a Switch version would be possible on that basis which makes me question him somewhat.

Really? Come on now.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't care for Yakuza, but it is a game that should be on the Xbox for others to enjoy.

Why would Sony prevent it? It is not funded nor marketed by Sony. Hell, they honestly wouldn't care. Sony is ahead in the race and they have plenty of 1st party games.

This is a decision ultimately by Sega of Japan; However Spencer has the power to sway them with their decision..

Oh man, my respect for the man would definitely increase if he can convince Sega to bring Yakuza over to Xbox. There really is no reason the system is missing out on some of these Japanese games and Yakuza being one of them. Of course there's no guarantee it will be a success like MHW was but man I'd love it.

Imagine them announcing all available Yakuza games in one collection for Xbox One at E3, I'd really dig that. But it's best not to get my hopes up. Chances of this not happening at all are just as big as it actually happening.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I see no reason to reléase Yakuza on XBOX.

Hokuto in the other hand..

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I would buy an X1X Enhanced Yakuza 0, instantly.

As far as Vanquish 2? No way. There'd be zero reason MS would do that.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we don't get some official info on the game early this week then I think the way that MS have handled news for SoD2 is baffling.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's completely from left field. While I know the first one has fans, there are other bigger Sega games that need to come to Xbox.

But, with Gamepass, we might see this become a reality.
I'm not sure I'm understanding how Gamepass would make projects like this more likely. Not questioning you specifically. I've just been seeing this thought from a lot of people recently.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I'm understanding how Gamepass would make projects like this more likely. Not questioning you specifically. I've just been seeing this thought from a lot of people recently.

It helps them create these games as episodic. They can add more levels, etc through Gamepass making these games more successful than before.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I literally said "hmmmmmmmm" lol. I have no idea what the tweet means, nor did i express an opinion either way.

That being said, it's interesting to think about and speculate.
Well posting Jez's tweet made it come across that way, either way I still think people are reading into it way too much. This would mean MS is charging less for this game than Recore, when SOD2 costs a hell of a lot more to make. Gamepass wouldn't make a difference because that gap in price benefits MS, the perceived value is there for that reason. The dev cost means it doesn't make sense for MS to charge £25/$35, SOT also had similar price changes before it got a date. I wouldn't be surprised if this was just Amazon price matching GAME, other retailers in the UK haven't price changed. Other countries also haven't price changed, so two retailers one of which prices matches. Makes me think this is probably nothing, it could simply be that Game is trying to move units. Which I wouldn't be surprised about, considering they haven't shown or marketed it much I doubt pre-orders are great.

Sea of Thieves didn't drop in price.. MS thinks it's not worth the 60 bucks? Hmm..
It happened a lot with SOT, in the end it was nothing. SOT even went as low as €25, people read into it and it ended up being nothing.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Sea of Thieves was listed for $40 CAD up here at the majority of retailers for at least a year before settling on $80. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar case for SoD2.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS knows they can sell Sea Of Thieves at $60. State of Decayon the other hand? I don't expect it to exactly light any charts on fire.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was just thinking about this well listening to the latest unlocked and discussed what remedy could be doing...

Wouldn't a sequel to Alan wake with broken up episodes ala telltale games be the absolute perfect thing to launch into a service like gamepass...

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
I was just thinking about this well listening to the latest unlocked and discussed what remedy could be doing...

Wouldn't a sequel to Alan wake with broken up episodes ala telltale games be the absolute perfect thing to launch into a service like gamepass...
Absolutely, but it won't happen and I don't wanna have faith in some kind of AW2, because it hurt so much.

Remedy are amazing, but they are a but slow , and you will need at least 2 episodes each year to keep players interested.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I really hope this week is the week we get State of Decay 2 information. By what Major Nelson said about Game Pass game announcement early this week, we can expect to get March Game Pass information either today or tomorrow (more likely Tuesday because from the past 5 months, 4 of them were announced on Tuesday with only January being announced on a Monday).

Maybe backwards compatibility Xbox 360 announcement on Thursday? Maybe a State of Decay 2 announcement on Wednesday (last day of February)? They said Microsoft is letting them show more information "in February" on the Discord back at the end of January but February is running out of time so maybe not. It would either have to be today, tomorrow or Wednesday and I don't see them making it on the same day as March Game Pass announcement, leaving only two days.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
It would be great if MS announces a new game in partnership with Sega that nobody sees coming. MS's shows can really do with some unexpected surprises. Hopefully their whole show doesn't leak beforehand though.

I can understand the worries about SoD2 though. We've heard and seen so very little of it and now the possibility that it's not full priced is unexpected. Hopefully it doesn't mean all that much. Then again, the first one wasn't full priced, was it? On the other hand the price could just be an error.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
It would be great if MS announces a new game in partnership with Sega that nobody sees coming. MS's shows can really do with some unexpected surprises. Hopefully their whole show doesn't leak beforehand though.

I can understand the worries about SoD2 though. We've heard and seen so very little of it and now the possibility that it's not full priced is unexpected. Hopefully it doesn't mean all that much. Then again, the first one wasn't full priced, was it? On the other hand the price could just be an error.
It will. It does every single year.

In 2016, NerdLeaks leaked the entire conference lineup 3 hours before Microsoft's conference started. It was very detailed and was the entire 90 minute lineup in order of things that were shown.

In 2017, if I recall correctly, some Indian site leaked art for Ori and the Will of the Wisps like 2 hours before the conference was scheduled to start.

And considering in January of 2018, we continuously got leaks of basically every project Microsoft Studios is working on including even next gen stuff, I think it's safe to say Microsoft has not fixed the leaks.

As for the second quote, a price error on multiple retailers? I don't think so. Amazon first changed it to $30 and then like 3 other retailers changed it to $30.

Last edited:

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Windu

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not worried about State of Decay, the behind the scenes impressions at E3 were glowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.