Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
God they're really trying to get some legs out of that Modern Warfare branding. I thought MW2 (2022)'s multiplayer was bad and that WZ2 was a bit of a wet fart itself. I'm ready for a shift back to Black Ops and Blackout to cleanse the palate.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'm cynical as fuck about this one. The Modern Warfare branding is only gonna carry them for so long, and yet they're still choosing to speed run through it. Very curious to see where CoD goes this gen

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Terminal is a bizarre choice as there's a full-on remake of it inside MW2's airport Ground War map, they would just need to wall it off. They're really trying to ration out those map remakes lol.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Well shit that's one way to get the nostalgia gears going. Terminal is like a top 10 map, and Scrapyard was also really damn fun back in the day...

If they ever brought back Toujane I'd probably have to buy the game just out of principle tbh...

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I do not need more map remakes bruh. Give me good original maps this shit is disgusting.

Terminal been brought back so many times (MW3, Infinite Warfare etc.) and Scrapyard was just in MW19 like cmon man.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Terminal is one of my all time fave maps. That and High Rise. I loved it so much. I also got my first Nuke on that level over in the restaurant / ticketing area that I feel people never really paid attention too.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
They already remade Scrapyard in MW19 too.

I dunno, this whole MWIII thing rubs me the wrong way in general. I get that they bet big on Warzone 2.0 and it was such a flop they pretty much decided to rebrand and redo it but it really could have been an expansion as originally planned.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Kinda wish they kept with the rumored 'dlc' update to MW2 for the 2023 COD release. I remember trudging through and enjoying MW2 even though I preferred the 2019 MW. When I started getting bored into the new year plus revelation that it was going to be another dog and pony show with MW3 felt like the worse of both worlds; new assets under the same MW2 design so even more same old, same old than you usually get with COD, plus paying the new game tax to experience a not really new game.

"MOAR NOSTALGIA" stapled onto a preexisting nostalgia ride isn't the selling point they think it is

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
They probably are saving a lot of fan favorite maps to get people to buy MWIII but I'm just not sure how they're going to sell the overall package a year after the last Modern Warfare. Like are they going to go "Here's the same guns as MWII but they work differently".

At least when it bounced between Modern Warfare, Black Ops, etc...the overall setting and guns were different on a yearly basis. The only interesting way is if they go semi-futuristic but that's already been done before.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I swear to god, if they lock all your paid cosmetics/earned cosmetics to MW2 and don't let them transfer to MW3, the game that was SUPPOSED TO BE PAID CONTENT, like they did from MW1 to MW2, I'm going to fucking break a pencil.

whistleklik

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
I just hope they ditch mw2s abysmal gameplay. Game feels so weird to play. I wouldn't mind an all star map pack set from them. They suck ass at making new maps. Probably will wait till its half off during black friday to pick it up. Also bring back anti aircraft killstreaks.

Oct 25, 2017
Terminal is a bizarre choice as there's a full-on remake of it inside MW2's airport Ground War map, they would just need to wall it off. They're really trying to ration out those map remakes lol.
MW2 was originally going to use these remakes, when they decided COD2023 was going to be a full release they immediately held all the remakes back because they knew they could sucker people into a 70$ purchase with those.

I guarantee High Rise and Afghan will be super prominent in advertisements for MW3 as well

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
MW2 was originally going to use these remakes, when they decided COD2023 was going to be a full release they immediately held all the remakes back because they knew they could sucker people into a 70$ purchase with those.

I guarantee High Rise and Afghan will be super prominent in advertisements for MW3 as well

I just remembered the newest GW map also has a remake of Afghan in one bit of it lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I swear to god, if they lock all your paid cosmetics/earned cosmetics to MW2 and don't let them transfer to MW3, the game that was SUPPOSED TO BE PAID CONTENT, like they did from MW1 to MW2, I'm going to fucking break a pencil.
Yeah, if we are resetting skins and such going into MW3 and it not just adding on then I'm not buying the game.

If a new roster of characters and such get added to what we already have then I will buy it

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Yeah, if we are resetting skins and such going into MW3 and it not just adding on then I'm not buying the game.

If a new roster of characters and such get added to what we already have then I will buy it

Part of me is holding out hope that there's some ethics at play and/or since they'll likely be bringing over many of the same characters (I'm sure even the new characters since their story isn't complete like Alejandro and Valeria), that maybe it's much easier work NOT to remove all the skins.

But this is Activision and

Kickfister

May 9, 2019
I really can't see myself caring much about buying a MW3. It would have to be radically different and I don't see how it could be. This feels like a very desperate move by activision struggling to cope with the yearly cod cadence not making sense anymore while not wanting to give up that yearly money.

Also the map remasters are so long in the tooth at this point. It's hard to get excited about some of these maps returning for like, the 4th time. And they usually aren't reworked enough to play well with the faster movement and utility in the newer games. COD has been an unstoppable juggernaut but somehow it feels like they actually stand to fuck it up this year.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be so angry if I end up liking MWIII because I have mega buyers remorse for MWII.
Sad thing is other than campaign which I don't have much faith in I actually expect it to be a lot better and fuller than MWII.

I feel like they are holding content back to fill MWIII out and its significantly hurting MWII.

MWII is also IW who is extremely stubborn about technical changes and fight the fanbase over every inch.
Meanwhile Sledgehammer is actually decent about listening

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I'll be in a day 1 hurry to buy this after mw2/wz2

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
There were strong rumors and some datamined references in MW1 remaster that original MW2 multiplayer remastered was in the works and maybe it was even finished, but it was cancelled at some point.
My guess is that MW2 remastered MP never happened due to fears that it would cannibalize upcoming CoD game. When MW1 remaster first came out, only way to play it was to purchase Infinite Warfare special edition (or what the fuck was it called).

These maps are most likely pulled from that cancelled remaster.
Which sucks, because I would rather play original MW2 with better graphics rather than these new CoD games.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't put Terminal in MW2? Though might make sense that some maps intended for it got moved to 3 once they decided to make it a full game.

CutieYuri

Oct 7, 2022
There were strong rumors and some datamined references in MW1 remaster that original MW2 multiplayer remastered was in the works and maybe it was even finished, but it was cancelled at some point.
My guess is that MW2 remastered MP never happened due to fears that it would cannibalize upcoming CoD game. When MW1 remaster first came out, only way to play it was to purchase Infinite Warfare special edition (or what the fuck was it called).

These maps are most likely pulled from that cancelled remaster.
Which sucks, because I would rather play original MW2 with better graphics rather than these new CoD games.

Scrapyard was in MW2019 and IIRC, Warzone 1 map Verdansk had Terminal assets. They are almost certainly reusing those assets and touching them up for MW2 2022.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
If we get every OG MW2 map and they're all in a playlist maybe I'll play the game again. Gotta have the same design though.

The spawns in MW2 made the multiplayer unplayable for me, but at least I could deal with them in maps that I love!

Oct 26, 2017
Sad thing is other than campaign which I don't have much faith in I actually expect it to be a lot better and fuller than MWII.

I feel like they are holding content back to fill MWIII out and its significantly hurting MWII.

MWII is also IW who is extremely stubborn about technical changes and fight the fanbase over every inch.
Meanwhile Sledgehammer is actually decent about listening
My number one issue were the boring maps, so that'll be resolved if all the remakes are in the second one. I gotta start buying physical so I can sell back.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Nice maps but the maps aren't the problem. The problem is that every gun fight feels exactly the same in COD which comes down to who sees who first. There's no counter play once you start getting fired on because the TTK is so fast. I got burnt bad on this in MW2 but when I think back they're all like this excluding Black Ops 3.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Scrapyard is directly lifted off Warzone lmao doesn't look like much changed.

Oct 26, 2017
Nice maps but the maps aren't the problem. The problem is that every gun fight feels exactly the same in COD which comes down to who sees who first. There's no counter play once you start getting fired on because the TTK is so fast. I got burnt bad on this in MW2 but when I think back they're all like this excluding Black Ops 3.
This wasn't as much of a problem in MW2019 because the maps were made in a way that positioning could help mitigate the low TTK. This game puts you on small maps that funnel you into combat through tight hallways, the popularity of Shipment and Shoothouse led to so much brainrot.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
My problem here is that 'play classic MW3 maps in a game with worse gameplay than MW3' isn't appealing to me.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
My problem here is that 'play classic MW3 maps in a game with worse gameplay than MW3' isn't appealing to me.

Sadly you are right. I was hyped at first back with the first MW new remake a few years ago but I did not enjoy it nearly as much. As much as I want these maps to be real, I won't play them because I'm not a fan of these "remakes". And MW2 (2009) is my favorite CoD to this day.

boogerbrain51

Nov 3, 2020
God they're really trying to get some legs out of that Modern Warfare branding. I thought MW2 (2022)'s multiplayer was bad and that WZ2 was a bit of a wet fart itself. I'm ready for a shift back to Black Ops and Blackout to cleanse the palate.
The np is bad and boring confusing ass menus and weapon unlocking. This def a bad modern warfare game. Other than that I need vacant map to drop

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't put Terminal in MW2? Though might make sense that some maps intended for it got moved to 3 once they decided to make it a full game.
They haven't put a single OG MW2 map into MWII yet despite Warzone 2's map containing multiple
Terminal
Highrise
Afghan
Rust

The 3 remakes we got so far,
Shipment - COD4(on the Warzone map but a different version)
Dome - MW3(from the Warzone map)
Showdown - COD4(from the Warzone map)

Its obvious they were saving them to milk $70 from everyone that never got MW2R MP.

Stitch AU

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I thought MW2 was meant to be a two year title. Player retention must be complete shit if they are rushing another Modern warfare out the door this year.

It's nearing the end of June as well I thought Call of Duty games were announced in early May usually.