• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
It's the studio who did Castlevania and they've already proven themselves

Also I'd like to point out that the head of content in Netflix is a huge He-Man fan and is responsible for green lightning this series and basically told Kevin Smith not to mess it up. I have hopes.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
78tiZrF.jpg

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
Odd, I was really into He-Man as a kid and recognized a ton in that trailer, but I didn't really get any sense of nostalgia from it. I guess this will have to stand on its own quality for me. Hopefully it's good enough to be worth watching.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orko not fucking up his spell and doing something useful? This isn't my He-Man.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand that trailer was really well done. The song choice was perfect.

On the other hand, man am I am ever tired or remakes. Make some new and original shit please...

Jun 17, 2019
Hell yes! This looks amazing. Hoping Kevin does a revival of She-ra as well. Alan is coming back as one of his voices, namely Mossman, which is great.

Cast looks Solid too: Nice to see Lena Headey doing more voice work. Good to see Sarah Michelle Geller back doing more voice work too, Hell we have half of the DC animated series voice actors in this as well. Would be nice if Melendy Britt came back for a voice in another season, because I know this is gonna get a part 3.

For those Curious for the VA's Here's the list

Chris Wood as Prince Adam / He-Man
Mark Hamill as Skeletor
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Teela
Liam Cunningham as Man-At-Arms
Lena Headey as Evil-Lyn
Diedrich Bader as King Randor and Trap Jaw
Alicia Silverstone as Queen Marlena
Stephen Root as Cringer
Griffin Newman as Orko
Susan Eisenberg as Sorceress of Castle Grayskull
Kevin Michael Richardson as Beast Man
Kevin Conroy as Mer-Man
Henry Rollins as Tri-Klops
Jason Mewes as Stinkor
Alan Oppenheimer as Moss-Man
Justin Long as Roboto
Tony Todd as Scare Glow
Phil LaMarr as He-Ro
Cree Summer as Preistess
Harley Quinn Smith as Illena
Tiffany Smith as Andra

Last edited:

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Fuck that looks like how my child brain interpreted the original animated series from the 80s even though it wasn't half as detailed or well animated.

Oct 29, 2017
When the first notes of the song played I thought "no way, this is going to be cheesy AF", but damn, that trailer really pulled it off.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
He-man having a full on magical girl henshin sequence complete with nakedness and rainbows is the best thing I've seen all week

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This a sequel to the orginal series, not a reboot.
I still want new shit.

Thats just me and clearly the market disagrees because they just keep putting out shit from the 80s or earlier over and over again. It makes money though and until that stops we are going to keep seeing those old properties reused.

I used to be excited when it was done well, but at this point I am starved for original content.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I'm no He-Man superfan or anything but I did watch this as a kid and this does look nice judging by this trailer. Though I have the feeling He-Man himself won't be much in this as it apparently focuses more on his disappearance and Teela's search for him. He's prob in ep 1 and the final one.
And I'm pretty disappointed they're not using the classic theme music. How can you do a sequel to the original series and NOT use the iconic theme?! Just phony up the cash for the music license. I mean He-Man without his famous theme?
The new theme just sounds like generic modern movie soundtrack number 42:

A little disappointed Skeletor dosn't really sound much like himself at all. I know Hamill is a big name, but it just sounds like Hamill going almost Joker. Just get the guy from Robot Chicken! He-Man's voice was pretty much just the stereotypical hero like voice so the new one works there but Skeletors was it's own iconic thing.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019
Gonna say this much about Filmation, they were one of the more progressive animation studios, fought for including Teela and She-ra to be able to fight. Then had a native American as a lead in Brave Starr. They tried to have some LGBTQ+ elements, so i hope that Kevin respects the spirit of that.

Regarding the music, this is the trailer, they're saving that for the opening. We better have the speech too. "I am Prince Adam..." every version has done it.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Bad guy is named Skeletor, has just a skull for a head.

Main location is a castle that looks like a giant skull. It's not Skeletor's lair; it's actually the heroes' place. :p

That silly 40-year-old observation aside, this looks great. I love seeing creators like Kevin Smith get to revive the properties that they loved as kids themselves.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
"We're going to take 80s He-Man, verbatim, and turn it up until we break the dial."
"Wait, shouldn't you modernize it some-"
"No. We don't give a fuck."

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
This is what I want from He-Man. Balls to the wall retro beefcake. (And he now has an anime style henshin sequence? Incredible.)

But as I said before, if He-Man isn't gay/bi in this, they didn't understand the assignment.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
As a huge, HUGE lifelong MotU fan who owns hundreds of the various iterations of the figures, this was everything I wanted it to be!
The use of characters and vehicles from the toyline that never made it into the vintage toon like Clamp Champ, Bashasaurus etc is fantastic. Even the Skelcons which debuted in the UK Ladybird books.
So excited.

This gives me Fist of the North Star vibes.

Yes me too! Love it.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Skeletor with the BIONIC ARM! Hoping this will be a solid watch, but looks pretty promising. ^^

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is nostalgia alright, but I was smiling throughout the whole thing. And that is so much Mark Hamill, and I love Mark Hamill but I feel like I've heard his cackling villain voice in so many different things now, it gets distracting. lol

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
this is pretty much why i keep my netflix sub, they pour out so much content i just can't keep up. i still have stuff from six months ago added to My List i haven't watched.

HBO max and disney and Apple TV are nice but they aren't even close to the volume of output netflix has

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Hamill's skeletor laugh sounds too much like his joker's. I know maniacal laughs can only sound so different but I can't unsee joker when I hear it.

Still absolutely day1.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Orko not fucking up his spell and doing something useful? This isn't my He-Man.

There was an episode of the O.G. series that explained that Orko was actually super competent *in his home universe* and it was Eternia's rules/physics/whatever that caused him to screw up there.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Looks neat, probably, but I can't focus properly because the song reminded me that Jim Steinman passed away and it's bumming me out real bad.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I am so in.

That reminds me, I gotta get around to watching Castlevania at some point.