Status
Not open for further replies.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
buy NFT is like looking through the trash can for groceries receipts. What an unless construct and a waste of energy. This whole crypto boom is the result of central bank's loose monetary policy that flushed markets with liquidity with no where to go.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Love to be running head first into a dystopic sci-fi future where the planet is so fucked due to greed that the wealthy try to use a fake, digital world to placate the increasingly suffering masses. It'd be funny if it weren't so hack.
Lol bros and scams.
Yes, those congressman and comgresswoman are 'bros'. Those folks investing in crypto to pay off their student loans are 'bros'. Those folks investing in it to buy their first home or being able to pay off debt for the first time are 'bros'.

Ok buddy. You keep doing you.
You must have a lot invested to be running this defense in every Crypto adjacent thread on the site. Would probably stress me tf out too.

SOBOSLDR

Nov 27, 2017
I don't like that Ready Player One feels more and more like it could actually happen through the lense of Metaverse and NFTs.

I want off this wild ride.
i think we just need to accept that companies view that book and material like it a blueprints for the future and not warning signs for the future.

everdom

Oct 29, 2017
Here's the fucked up thing about NFTs (any any small unregulated market where the people who control the purse strings make the rules), the prices are impossible to make sense of.

1. Three guys get together and mint a bunch of auto generated meerkats or some shit, and put them on a store
2. Guy 2 buys it for $10, the intro price
3. Guy 2 sells it to guy 3 for $100 (wow! Guy 2 made 10x return!)
3. Guy 3 sells it to guy 1 for $1000 (oh my god, they both made 10x return and the NFT is now worth 100x what it was a week ago!!
4. All of them shill it and suddenly all the other bullshit artwork seems like a great investment.
5. Rinse and repeat with super rare insider bonus releases and bounce when the scan catches up to you.
6. Repeat for as long as people shill these assets as a reasonable investment.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
mc-jugger-nuggets.gif

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Lol bros and scams.
Yes, those congressman and comgresswoman are 'bros'. Those folks investing in crypto to pay off their student loans are 'bros'. Those folks investing in it to buy their first home or being able to pay off debt for the first time are 'bros'.

You can't possibly think crypto or nfts are helping people more than hurting them (and the environment). Stop being so greedy and think of other people. Look at this Nike crap. They're trying to make a buck and thats all there is to it.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Lol bros and scams.

I love how crypto bros never mention all the people that get rug pulled and lose everything.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
Everyone wants in on this grift... how do I make money with this lol
👉
Here's the fucked up thing about NFTs (any any small unregulated market where the people who control the purse strings make the rules), the prices are impossible to make sense of.

1. Three guys get together and mint a bunch of auto generated meerkats or some shit, and put them on a store
3. Guy 3 sells it to guy 1 for $1000 (oh my god, they both made 10x return and the NFT is now worth 100x what it was a week ago!!
4. All of them shill it and suddenly all the other bullshit artwork seems like a great investment.
5. Rinse and repeat with super rare insider bonus releases and bounce when the scan catches up to you.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017

Yeah, there's so many ugly pixelated animals and other shit that no sane person would ever want all over Twitter. It seems like everyone is just cloning/copying each other, most of them are probably the same people.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone wants in on this grift... how do I make money with this lol
Join some NFT discords with active dev communities. If you're an artist, hunt for a dev, if you're a dev, hunt for an artist. If neither, you're going to have your work cut out for you as there is a surplus of people who want money but provide no value add.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now, for true immersion, can these NFTs be scalped just like real sneakers?
Yes. They already are. Bots mass buy then flip for 10x/100x/whatever.

Anti-botting is a persistent issue for 'legit' projects.

The NFT boom is comparable to the KS boom of 2010. People give money to wild promises from fundraisers (some of whom have no intention of delivering) but this time, instead of a game or a device, to be delivered some indefinite day in the future, the delivery of a JPEG is 'immediate', and the JPEG symbolizes claims on future production from those developers, depending on agreed-upon terms.

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It must be so tiring to invest in NFTs.

First you need to choose from several extremely similar looking apes, then you need to go into every thread that mentions NFTs and defend them.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are NFTs like collecting cards or something?
Except they're just super secret hyperlinks that go to heinously ugly images/gifs. You don't actually own anything beyond that instance of the hyperlink. If the server that hosts the thing you bought goes down, it's literally worthless. The whole thing's pure grifter trash.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
Love to be running head first into a dystopic sci-fi future where the planet is so fucked due to greed that the wealthy try to use a fake, digital world to placate the increasingly suffering masses. It'd be funny if it weren't so hack.

You must have a lot invested to be running this defense in every Crypto adjacent thread on the site. Would probably stress me tf out too.

alot? Nope. Stress? Not in the least. I also post alot in politic threads. You know, threads that are about topics I am interested in.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Crypto and nft really pushing the concept of perceived value to its limits.

Unfortunately that limit is probably high because it's really easy to grift nowadays.

It's probably never easier in the history of humankind to make $ if you have zero morals.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
You can't possibly think crypto or nfts are helping people more than hurting them (and the environment). Stop being so greedy and think of other people. Look at this Nike crap. They're trying to make a buck and thats all there is to it.

Greedy? Tell that to all people who have a 401k since most mutual funds also include companies whose business impact the environment.

Business trying to make a buck? Well, shoot!! Thankfully no companies you do business with 'just try to make a buck'.

I love how crypto bros never mention all the people that get rug pulled and lose everything.

Lol. Crypto folks CONSTANTLY talk about this! Go into the crypto thread on this forum alone. Head to reddit. What a lazy attempt you're making.

I love how folks like you act like people dont lose everything in the stock market too.

People should do their due diligence and not invest in something that is overseen by a few individuals without any use case. And as crypto adoption continues, governments around the world will learn how to better regulate them as is already happening.

But there is a difference in putting money in some coin called 'BUTTHOLE' without a usecase that is centralized and overseen by a few individuals than btc, eth, ada, and others.

You'd know this if you did your due diligence before posting but whats the fun in that.

Last edited:

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
Except they're just super secret hyperlinks that go to heinously ugly images/gifs. You don't actually own anything beyond that instance of the hyperlink. If the server that hosts the thing you bought goes down, it's literally worthless. The whole thing's pure grifter trash.
This has been discussed to death in previous NFT threads, but some counterarguments:
  • non-digital art is also transitory
  • non-digital art can also mostly be easily duplicated (= faked)
  • the ownership rights of real art are not as straight forward as you'd think (although the rights are rarely sold together with the NFT, fyi)
Ultimately, the status quo of digital art is not satisfactory as it may seem, especially not to artists. Here's an example of why that's the case:

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly the simplest way to protect your creative work from being minted and sold is to mint it first, not because minting provides magical legal protection, but because having a public presence in the NFT world makes it a worse value proposition for thieves to try to steal your work, as buyers of your work will incentivized to protect their goods by countering art theft with FUD, and Google searches for your name will return suspicious duplication. Notice how the vast majority of theft is targeting anti-NFT people, because these are the people least able to fight back on the thieves' home turf (due to lack of experience/knowledge/expertise).

Copyright law is not going to go out if its way to protect some no name Twitter artist or AO3 writer. Small creators are basically on their own, and it is dangerous to think you can protect yourself just by being really mad online.

It's an ugly game but it is the only game in town.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Greedy? Tell that to all people who have a 401k since most mutual funds also include companies whose business impact the environment.

Business trying to make a buck? Well, shoot!! Thankfully no companies you do business with 'just try to make a buck'.

Lol. Crypto folks CONSTANTLY talk about this! Go into the crypto thread on this forum alone. Head to reddit. What a lazy attempt you're making.

I love how folks like you act like people dont lose everything in the stock market too.

People should do their due diligence and not invest in something that is overseen by a few individuals without any use case. And as crypto adoption continues, governments around the world will learn how to better regulate them as is already happening.

But there is a difference in putting money in some coin called 'BUTTHOLE' without a usecase that is centralized and overseen by a few individuals than btc, eth, ada, and others.

You'd know this if you did your due diligence before posting but whats the fun in that.
You just can't admit you have money riding on these things and want to sell what you have to the next highest bidder. You're terribly greedy for attempting to stoke the fake flames of Nike selling nfts just for your profit. You spent money on nfts and are praying to get rich.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
It also has great potential for tax evasion and money laundering! What's not to like?!

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
When 40 minutes of Zuckerbergs Metaverae presentation was focused on monetization you knew this was coming.

not the first and won't be the last

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the simplest way to protect your creative work from being minted and sold is to mint it first, not because minting provides magical legal protection, but because having a public presence in the NFT world makes it a worse value proposition for thieves to try to steal your work, as buyers of your work will incentivized to protect their goods by countering art theft with FUD, and Google searches for your name will return suspicious duplication. Notice how the vast majority of theft is targeting anti-NFT people, because these are the people least able to fight back on the thieves' home turf (due to lack of experience/knowledge/expertise).

Copyright law is not going to go out if its way to protect some no name Twitter artist or AO3 writer. Small creators are basically on their own, and it is dangerous to think you can protect yourself just by being really mad online.

NFTs only hold value in the little grift bubble they exist in. "Minting" an image means literally nothing. It's not anymore "protected" than it would be on any other art website. If thieves want to "steal" and sell it, they'll still steal it.

To tell small creators the "simplest way to protect their art" is to get in on the grift and thus propagate the grift is an obscenely predatory thing to say and doesn't help artists in any way. Pure scam artist shit.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
You just can't admit you have money riding on these things and want to sell what you have to the next highest bidder. You're terribly greedy for attempting to stoke the fake flames of Nike selling nfts just for your profit. You spent money on nfts and are praying to get rich.

LOL i dont own any damn NFTs but nice try. And rich? I look to have my crypto holdings be a vehicle in my retirement like my 401k and home. Rich? Lol. Adorable.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
Climate change is already killing us in coastal areas. Fuck off with this

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

they got ppl coming and going if best way to beat em is to join em (pay the gass fees, hold crpyto, provide visible 'legitimacy', thus have some stake of investment in the price of crpyto). bleh

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
If that were true you wouldn't be in this thread defending Nike of all things.

lol. Yes, because i'll admit to holding crypto but not NFTs. Why? I couldnt care less what strangers on a message board think of me. That you seem to care is interesting.

And defending Nike? Ok buddy. Apparently explaining why it makes sense they'd do this is defending them from a moral perspective. Smh.

You JUST proved my point. To you, people only defend the idea of something if they have something personally invested. What a sad mindset.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
NFT's. How can it have value unless you're trying to flip it for a higher price to the next poor sap.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
lol. Yes, because i'll admit to holding crypto but not NFTs if I really do. You JUST proved my point. To you, people only defend the idea of something if they have something personally invested. What a sad mindset.
Which you are invested. It behooves you to try and make your investment grow despite hurting people and our planet in the process. You're a terribly greedy person.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Lol. Too funny. I assume you dont have an iphone? Car? 401k? Investments? Laptop? Videogame console? Ok then. Tell yourself the same.
You're changing the subject in a thread about a Nike nft. Just stop defending them like your life depends on it if you claim you don't have any money at stake. The way you act it's as if everything is riding on it.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
they got ppl coming and going if best way to beat em is to join em (pay the gass fees, hold crpyto, provide visible 'legitimacy', thus have some stake of investment in the price of crpyto). bleh
I'm honestly blown away by how blatant it is. Pure scare tactics on people creating art for the sake of fun or practice AND trying to bolster the whole thing. Like, entirely fuck off with that.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
You're changing the subject in a thread about a Nike nft. Just stop defending them like your life depends on it if you claim you don't have any money at stake. The way you act it's as if everything is riding on it.

lol still accuse me of defending Nike. I Explained WHY they did it. That you can't differentiate the two is on you, not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.