• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, huh. Just saw Rainbow Billy released yesterday. I've been following that one on Kickstarter for awhile now. Hopefully it turned out good.

Same for Monster Crown, that one I actually backed. Unfortunately somewhere along the way I kinda lost much interest in it, but I already paid for it so I'll probably still try it eventually.

Yeah I like the look of Rainbow Billy, but Dread is out.. plus I still haven't started Eastward.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing some Tetris Effect Connected And really enjoying it. I hope to be able to try out some multiplayer tonight. I made a video to show how it plays on the Switch.

it looks really good. Much less going on and I felt a little more of a pause between backgrounds than I remember on PS4 or Series X. Anyone else picking this up or is it a Dread weekend?

ThatDudeGuy

Oct 31, 2017
I saw a tweet that Regency Solitaire is releasing on the 19th. That's been languishing on my Steam wishlist for a long time, but it's a day one handheld purchase for $10. That and Metroid are probably my only eshop purchases this month.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Gleylancer coming on the 15th October:

www.gematsu.com

Classic shoot ’em up Gleylancer coming to PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on October 15

Ratalaika Games, in partnership with Masaya Games and Shinyuden, will release classic shoot ’em up game Gleylancer for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch on Octob…
Awesome, another shmup that gets a chance to have a current port. Will keep an eye on this.

Double

Nov 1, 2017
Hey guys, PSA that Toree 2, successor of the awesome little retro 3D platformer gem that is Toree 3D is out for Switch and it's just 1 buck:

www.nintendo.com

Toree 2 for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Toree 2, the sequel to the surprise hit Toree 3D is a bite-sized 3D Platformer with more focus on the things people enjoyed in the first game like fast gameplay, flow focused levels and cute costumes (two this time). - More late 90s low poly aesthetic - …

hero

It was the headliner of the recent Nintendolife indie spotlight, not sure if that has been covered here:

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I've been playing some Tetris Effect Connected And really enjoying it. I hope to be able to try out some multiplayer tonight. I made a video to show how it plays on the Switch.

it looks really good. Much less going on and I felt a little more of a pause between backgrounds than I remember on PS4 or Series X. Anyone else picking this up or is it a Dread weekend?

I would gladly get it for two player VS Tetris but after experiencing it in VR I can't think about playing it in flat mode. I also think they should have made the Tetris zone a bit bigger, the ambiance background take a lot of space and it must look small in handheld...

Nharox

Oct 28, 2017
I would gladly get it for two player VS Tetris but after experiencing it in VR I can't think about playing it in flat mode. I also think they should have made the Tetris zone a bit bigger, the ambiance background take a lot of space and it must look small in handheld...

You can adjust the size of the playfield. Also it will automatically be more zoomed in in handheld mode according to the description of the official preview video.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Hey guys, PSA that Toree 2, successor of the awesome little retro 3D platformer gem that is Toree 3D is out for Switch and it's just 1 buck:

www.nintendo.com

Toree 2 for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Toree 2, the sequel to the surprise hit Toree 3D is a bite-sized 3D Platformer with more focus on the things people enjoyed in the first game like fast gameplay, flow focused levels and cute costumes (two this time). - More late 90s low poly aesthetic - …

hero

It was the headliner of the recent Nintendolife indie spotlight, not sure if that has been covered here:

Bought both - thanks for the heads-up!

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
North American PR for this week, no surprise what the headliner is.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
Metroid Dread – Suit up as intergalactic bounty hunter Samus Aran and battle your way out from the depths of a mysterious alien world plagued by a mechanical menace. While you investigate a mysterious transmission that shows the lethal X Parasite, you'll need to avoid the nightmarish E.M.M.I. – Extraplanetary Multiform Mobile Identifiers. These agile robots won't hesitate to destroy you … and they're just one of the many dangers you'll face. Hunt or be hunted as you make your way to the surface through a labyrinth of enemies in Samus' most intense side-scrolling adventure yet. The Metroid Dread game will be available on Oct. 8.

Disco Elysium – The Final Cut – Become a hero or an absolute disaster. Disco Elysium – The Final Cut is the definitive edition of the groundbreaking role-playing game. You're a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders or take bribes. Disco Elysium – The Final Cut will be available on Oct. 12.

Tetris Effect: Connected – Tetris Effect: Connected is Tetris like you've never seen it, heard it or felt it before – an incredibly playable, unique and breathtakingly gorgeous reinvention of one of the most popular puzzle games of all time, from the people who brought you the award-winning Rez Infinite and legendary puzzle game Lumines. Music, backgrounds, sounds, special effects – everything, down to the Tetris pieces themselves, pulses, dances, shimmers and explodes in perfect sync with how you're playing, making any of the game's 30+ stages and 10+ modes something you'll want to experience over and over again. Tetris Effect: Connected will be available on Oct. 8.

Gang Beasts – Gang Beasts is a silly multiplayer party game with surly gelatinous characters, brutal slapstick fight sequences and absurd hazardous environments, set in the mean streets of Beef City. Customize your character and fight local and online enemies in the melee game mode, or fight with friends against the gangs of Beef City in the gang game mode.

Activities:
Let the Good Times Roll – Enter for a chance to win an out-of-this-world Metroid prize pack in the My Nintendo Metroid Dread Sweepstakes!* Prizes include stunning wall art featuring Samus and an E.M.M.I. robot, a Metroid Dread Enhanced Wired Controller for Nintendo Switch, a Slim Case for Nintendo Switch from PowerA and a Metroid Dread Men's Hoodie Sweatshirt that shows off Samus with the E.M.M.I. lurking in the background in a bold print across the front. You may be trapped on the remote Planet ZDR, but at least you'll have this soft pullover sweatshirt to keep you looking stylish all day long! For more information, please visit https://my.nintendo.com/news/dac793306b7c90fe.

Your Key to Scoring Gold Points – Here's a golden opportunity you won't want to miss! For a limited time, you can earn DOUBLE My Nintendo Gold Points when you purchase the digital version of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game or select Super Smash Bros. DLC** in Nintendo eShop or Nintendo.com (where available). Offer ends Oct. 24 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Get started at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/#ssbu-double-gp.

Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:

AAA Clock – Available on Oct. 8
Arcade Archives TYPHOON GAL
Balloon Pop – Learning Letters, Numbers, Colors, Game for Kids
Bouncy Bullets 2 – Available on Oct. 8
Business Tour Deluxe
Catty & Batty: The Spirit Guide – Available on Oct. 13
Creepy Tale 2
Critadel – Available on Oct. 13
Darksiders III
Drum Box
DUSK '82
Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of the Karkhala – Available on Oct. 8
Immortus Temporus – Available on Oct. 13
InfiniteCorp: Cyberpunk Card Game
Jack Axe
Lord of the Click II – Available on Oct. 8
Lotus Bloom
Lumione – Available on Oct. 13
Medieval Tower Defense – Available on Oct. 9
Miners Races
MMC KENKEN - The World's Most Exciting Math and Logic Puzzle -
Monster Crown – Available on Oct. 12
No Longer Home
PandaBall
Panmorphia
Prehistoric Life Puzzles
Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire
RiMS Racing
Simple Dominoes
Sophia's World
Starlight Alliance – Available on Oct. 13
Stickman: Far East Battle
Supersonic Tank Cats
Teacup
The Adventures of Spunk Dodgers and Splat – Available on Oct. 9
The Lightbringer
The Marauder Chronicles: Curse Over Valdria
Toroom – Available on Oct. 9
Touhou Genso Wanderer -Lotus Labyrinth R-
TRIOS – lofi beats / numbers to chill to
Underland
What The Zombies?!

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God I've just realised that because I sold my Lite last week in preperation for me getting the OLED tomorrow, I've lost my animal crossing island 🤦🏻

If you ever backed it up in the main menu Nintendo can recover it for you.

Just like

Nharox

said, you can adjust the size. Here are two images using default settings. The first one is docked and second one is handheld.

FBGdbJCVEAIYy7Z

FBGdbJHVIAo0m4E

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing for me this month other than hoping some of the recent Devolver games go on sale like Sludge Life and Boomerang X. I have just had it confirmed that my £26.99 order for Metroid has gone through. So that will take up my time with my Switch OLED. I'll also look to start Eastward. There has been so many games I've put on the back burner in preparation for the OLED.

Saying all that I'll probably spend even more time playing a monster's expedition. I can't believe how long the game is! Absolutely amazing though.

blackrogue13

Nov 21, 2018
Nothing for me this month other than hoping some of the recent Devolver games go on sale like Sludge Life and Boomerang X. I have just had it confirmed that my £26.99 order for Metroid has gone through. So that will take up my time with my Switch OLED. I'll also look to start Eastward. There has been so many games I've put on the back burner in preparation for the OLED.

Saying all that I'll probably spend even more time playing a monster's expedition. I can't believe how long the game is! Absolutely amazing though.
Haven't had my email confirming dispatch from Currys for Metroid. How recently did you get confirmation?

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
5 Arcade Archives got 50% discount.

Kiki Kaikai
Puzzle Bobble 2
The Legend of Kage
The Tin Star
Water Ski

krossj

Dec 4, 2017
Undernauts not releasing in EU till 2022 now.

Dungeon encounters and voice of cards seem interesting for this month going to keep an eye on them.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Undernauts not releasing in EU till 2022 now.

Digital too? Last news, that I read, was this.

Numskull Games are delighted to announce the European launch of Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi. The dungeon crawling RPG launches in Europe in October and will be released digitally on Xbox, Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. A physical release will also be made available for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. Retail information will be announced soon

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably grab Puzzle Bobble 2.

And what's this? Groove Coaster DLC on sale!? Hmm.

Oct 7, 2021
About half way though Eastward and I gotta say I think as cool as it is I'm gonna have to drop it. Too many other indie games to play from September, as much as I love it's artistic properties and passion that is clearly there the pacing is just strange

I'm definitely curious about Okinawa rush and evertried, but Disco and Metroid are the only guarantees for me this month

delalaser

Oct 25, 2017
anyone here getting OLED?

i play handheld a lot and kinda regret not gettin it from people sellin it here. of course i missed out on the pre-orders. been watchin the reviews and the screen makes me so jelly. hopefully someone can check if it's compatible w/ flipgrip and skull and co

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

i play handheld a lot and kinda regret not gettin it from people sellin it here. of course i missed out on the pre-orders. been watchin the reviews and the screen makes me so jelly. hopefully someone can check if it's compatible w/ flipgrip and skull and co

yes, got my text to pick it up later today. I too play my Switch 100% portable so its worth it for me

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, huh. Just saw Rainbow Billy released yesterday. I've been following that one on Kickstarter for awhile now. Hopefully it turned out good.

Same for Monster Crown, that one I actually backed. Unfortunately somewhere along the way I kinda lost much interest in it, but I already paid for it so I'll probably still try it eventually.
I feel bad for the monster crown dev, they effed up and sent outlets review codes for a build from 3 months ago and now all the review scores reflect that. :( I hope they ironed out the performance problems mentioned in reviews (stuttering and the framerate taking a dive as you walk around due to assets loading in around you).

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Coming here real quick to say, I've been playing a bunch of Metroidvanias in anticipation of Metroid Dread, and I just wrapped up the last one: Gato Roboto. Not my first playthrough, but man, that game's *fantastic*. Managed to 100% it in little less than 3 hours. Perfectly replayable bundle of Metroidvania goodness is what that game is.

Also played Tohou Luna Nights a couple days ago, and man there are some serious gems in this genre. What a delight of a game.

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
After 8 years and 96 threads, this is going to be the last eShop thread that I make. The motivation isn't close to the moment when I started, it's a good time to take a rest right now before I get more tired.
When European PRs moved at Thursdays and later, they were reduced to the minimal info already I was looking a moment to stop. I bear it how I could with your support.
I didn't created this topic, just took it when the former OP got tired as well. These threads were an oasis of peace for me respect to others threads of the same forum. Minimal off-topic, zero issues between users or mods and healthy discussion about games that appeared on the eShop.
Thanks to the users that posted all these years, without you the thread already would be dead years ago.
I hope someone keeps making threads even if the OP is more basic. Always is good to have a place to speak about indies and AA games which often are overlooked for many people. I'll always be available if you need my help for anything.

Thanks again and keep enjoying with games.

(Now it's when Team Cherry shadowdrop Silksong this month as a gift :))

You will be missed by many.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I feel bad for the monster crown dev, they effed up and sent outlets review codes for a build from 3 months ago and now all the review scores reflect that. :( I hope they ironed out the performance problems mentioned in reviews (stuttering and the framerate taking a dive as you walk around due to assets loading in around you).

Oh dang, that's rough. Maybe once it's out, reviewers will take a couple minutes to see how performance is improved and update.

Dec 2, 2019

Unfortunately, OLED is slightly taller so that it doesn't fit in the Flip Grip.

They should be working on a new one, though.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017

Good to hear!

Does the performance hold up throughout the game? Like are there any levels that chug in FPS at all?

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Unfortunately, OLED is slightly taller so that it doesn't fit in the Flip Grip.

They should be working on a new one, though.

holy shit thanks for letting me know… although with Hamster's stubbornness to only provide TATE in High Score mode for the Nintendo games (and to fuck up aspect ratio in many vertical titles like Kiki Kaikai now on 50%off sale) and stick to landscape view for all the other HUNDREDS of releases, it doesn't have the same impact on me but I still use it a ton. That sucks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.