• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2017
Guys could you please recommend me some titles to play with my 4 and half years old daughter?We started playing some levels in SM3DW but she is struggling in the 3D space. I showed her the early Mario Bros titles but she was appalled by the Gfx. Ideally it would be something that uses the Joy con as a 'wand',as she seems really fond of holding it that way.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Source on "The Metroid community is better than this"?

Like, most dedicated game/franchise communities are toxic as hell.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Colargogol

Jan 22, 2020
Guys could you please recommend me some titles to play with my 4 and half years old daughter?We started playing some levels in SM3DW but she is struggling in the 3D space. I showed her the early Mario Bros titles but she was appalled by the Gfx. Ideally it would be something that uses the Joy con as a 'wand',as she seems really fond of holding it that way.
When he was that age, my son really enjoyed Mario Kart (with every assist turned on and using the controller as steering wheel). Things that are freeform are probably better at that age. Super Mario Galaxy, for example, is likely to be more appropriate than SM3DW, with the caveat that most of her time would be just frolicking around rather than really progressing in the game. You could also maybe try the lego games.
Rayman Legends is also pretty great but gets challenging quick. Probably the Yoshi game would work, my son loved the Wii U one. A lot of the recent 2D platformers are too challenging for young kids unfortunately, and the old ones aged a lot. I haven't tried indie platformers (super lucky tale, yooka laylee) so I don't know if they are good.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
The guy who was part of creating the original MPT trilogy says it would be hard to do, and the internet decides otherwise.

I just don't understand the world I'm living in.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Has Nate said anything about the MPT thing, because didn't him and Emily say it's literally done and just waiting to be released atp so the retro guy saying that kinda contradicts 😭

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Has Nate said anything about the MPT thing, because didn't him and Emily say it's literally done and just waiting to be released atp so the retro guy saying that kinda contradicts 😭
I don't think this guy was working at Retro during the time it MPTHD would've been developed if it was done already, though I'm not sure on that. All he's really saying is that it would be difficult to port over, but that doesn't mean it hasn't already happened.

Sep 9, 2020
Just because it's a challenging task doesn't mean it's impossible. It could be done and sitting with Nintendo, they have been known to withhold games from releasing for long periods of time.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I know this isn't Nintendo, but wait I somehow missed the fact that Scarlet Nexus is out in June? Huh. That's much sooner than I thought. It looks interesting, although definitely want to wait on reviews on it first. Code Vein was exceedingly mediocre, and although I know they're different they really do look a lot alike.

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Odyssey.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know this isn't Nintendo, but wait I somehow missed the fact that Scarlet Nexus is out in June? Huh. That's much sooner than I thought. It looks interesting, although definitely want to wait on reviews on it first. Code Vein was exceedingly mediocre, and although I know they're different they really do look a lot alike.
I got a random ad for it the other day telling me to like it to get updates, advertising feels like it's coming way too late

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
what is goin awn

screenshot2021-05-08a8bktg.png
I really thought a new Kirby game got announced cause I only saw Kirby trending at first and it's just people celebrating Kirby's birthday lmao

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I know Dylan Cuthbert, one of the key people behind the original Star Fox and also Star Fox Command, recently had a guy DM him on Facebook just to let him know that the latter game was shit

Tough crowd

Baobab

Feb 4, 2021
My advice would be Kirby: star allies; it looks super cute, it is easy to play, there are no jumps that cause death and you can play the game with her....there is some reding to do though.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You have to be an immensely pathetic person to harass someone over a piece of entertainment, Let alone years after the fact.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All I can think is that they are wary of the possibility of another Wii U like failure. They have had a lot of ups and downs over the years - the GCN also didn't do so hot - and their relative conservatism with their funds has meant that they have not had to consider going the Sega route.

Being too conservative could see them winding up like RIM/Blackberry, which had a similarly gigantic war chest but dropped out of their original market (smartphones) almost completely after losing all market share. They are still around and have made a niche for themselves, but I doubt any of us here want Nintendo to leave their core business behind like BB did.

For the record, I don't think Nintendo needs to invest on the level of companies like Microsoft or Tencent (they can't in the first place). But the gaming industry is a highly competitive space and as they say, you have to spend money to make money.

Luckily, I feel the Nintendo of today is a little bit more proactive in this regard, investing a ton in R&D and newer tech.

Jan 2, 2021
A few jerkfaces always have to make everyone else in the fanbase look bad. Sigh. These are video games, people. For FUN. I make jokes about being desperate for this or that, but that's just internet noise, haha. That former Retro dev was just giving his opinion on the MPT. Good grief.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, guys, is there still a Resident Evil new game coming to Switch???

I get confused with all the Outrages, Revelations, multiplayer, etc… talk about the series.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Well SMT3, Ys9, MHS2, and (hopefully!) SMT5 will all be out this year! Actually I think that other than missing some of the classics (Chrono Trigger, the early FFs) Switch might be the best JRPG console of all time, or at least is well on its way there.
Ive been waiting for SMTV for so long. Excited for SMTIII. Should probably buy it now in case it's rare physically.

hope it delivers. (I think it will, Atlus takes long but their games are usually good)

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
These threads getting lock are rather funny.

but also sad since I was writing up a cool thread when I decided posting it cause it might've gotten derailed

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like most IP have toxic sections of the fandom. I still remember the death threats sent to Sakurai about Waluigi not being playable. It's why I'm against him from being playable ever.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Ive been waiting for SMTV for so long. Excited for SMTIII. Should probably buy it now in case it's rare physically.

hope it delivers. (I think it will, Atlus takes long but their games are usually good)
Same. There are still a lot of questions with SMTV, since we've seen so little about it. What the gameplay looks like, for one, like is it using the same press turn system from SMTIVA? Also, will it continue in that game's vein of having a little more of the "friendship" JRPG bleedover from Persona? I don't care too much, but I know a lot of SMT diehards had beefs with it. And I do agree its story was worse than vanilla 4.

But I think unless the game is delayed until 2022, we're like 99% that it'll have a trailer at E3, so I'm pretty excited for that.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Should have made a thread about how Switch improved my sex life, made me rich, and granted me immortality.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is why I don't consider myself part of any "fandom". I either like stuff or don't care about it and that's it.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Hey, guys, is there still a Resident Evil new game coming to Switch???

I get confused with all the Outrages, Revelations, multiplayer, etc… talk about the series.
Yeah it's coming
I don't know anymore. All that talk got confusing. Plus something about Village story not being accurate to the leaks makes even more confusing.

so let's wait and see lol
Some elements have changed a lot. Mainline Resident Evil games tend to constantly heavily change internally until the very last months of development. Route B was added in RE2make like 3 or 4 months before release lol

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
For the record, I don't think Nintendo needs to invest on the level of companies like Microsoft or Tencent (they can't in the first place). But the gaming industry is a highly competitive space and as they say, you have to spend money to make money.

Luckily, I feel the Nintendo of today is a little bit more proactive in this regard, investing a ton in R&D and newer tech.
If kind of like Nintendo to buy Stadia...

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
All this Xeno/Baten Kaitos talk made me excited by thinking what's next for Monolith Soft. I really want to see their next game (Hopefully this E3) and see how much their development has evolved.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Replaying FFVII on Switch and it's such a good platform for it. All of those old RPGs play so much better portably. Probably gonna grab FFVIII (which I never finished) and FFIX which I haven't played since I was like 12 afterwards

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Mike Wikan has been getting harassed by angry fans over his comments on Prime Trilogy. Can't say I'm surprised, but it is still disappointing to see.

Yeah, somehow should have expected that.
Toxic fanbasis are awful.

Still not sure what these assholes think is going to happen. He doesn't work at Retro anymore and has no power over the franchise. Do they think harassing him is going to make MPT HD happen if it isn't already in development?

What are these people thinking. There's not even a causality you can point to. Just toxic social media rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.