• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think there will be a Switch Pro before the next Nintendo console?

• Yes, we will get the equivalent of a New 3DS.

Votes: 292 28.8%
  • No, the OLED was the final Nintendo Switch revision before Switch 2.

Votes: 519 51.2%
  • Why does everybody care what I think on this subject? We're all in the dark

Votes: 202 19.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2019
My favorite is that I said "no, Sony couldn't have walked away from the Housemarque acquisition two months before it was complete without any penalties, there's such a thing as breakup fees" and someone started arguing with me that there is no such thing.

Like, bruh. You're out of your depth.

Hello, if you dont want to have a conversation dont go to other places and im still waiting for you to show proof that companies cant back up of deals because that is what you said

Honestly, no, they couldn't have. No lawyer would let their company enter acquisition negotiations (which are expensive and demand a huge amount of leadership's time) where the other party can just change their mind and walk away at the 11th hour scott free. Corporate acquisitions discussions of this scale always include a threshold where the acquirer would have to make a significant payment to the target company if they were to back out or if the acquisition were to fail due to other reasons (regulatory or otherwise). And this threshold is generally well ahead of two months before the acquisition is done and dusted. It's usually set around when the company to be acquired agrees to negotiate exclusively with one potential acquirer.

By the time April 30 rolled around, Sony was going to buy Housemarque.

Any company can change their mind until the deal is sign, that was my answer to you and not if their is or not cost associated with the backdown. Since you are not going to responde to my last response, i will give it here to you

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
We just need Nintendo to announce the sales of Skyward Sword HD to make things really spicy around here.

Announcing New Super Mario Bros U and Luigi's Mansion 3 passing 10 million would be fun as well.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I know 3D modeling is hard™ but what the fuck is going on in that mouth

after hating almost every other design in the game, my partner walked by while the Imprisoned was hovering with the goth-ass halo of darkness and said "oh shit that thing's cool" and I was like... the anus-clam muppet with the too-glossy teeth??

although I'm a traitor because it turns out I enjoyed the Imprisoned fights and feel they were spaced appropriately and varied enough to be fun

while we're talking about twists, I forgot that Ghirahim is a fucking sword and was for some reason pleasantly surprised by that plot point

also the final boss slaps SO HARD and wouldn't feel nearly as good without the motion controls / stick sword controls. It's so engaging and it feels like your movements really determine the fate of the world.
It is truly beyond comprehension
To be fair though it is a cool
goth-ass halo of darkness
, almost distracts from the rest of that ridiculousness.
I really tried to give it the benefit of the doubt this time but by halfway through the second fight I was back to hating it xD

Yeah that was a solid twist, the increasingly unhinged build up to it was great too.
Catching lightning for a instant skyward strike is hands down one of the coolest things in the series

Last edited:

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Initial sales of Arms were never the "problem". What's more worrying for its potential future is it's complete lack of legs and what I assume is pretty poor player retention and social media engagement. It sold well, yes, initially. Is it alive though? Does Nintendo senses demand and potential for growth? (I hope they do)

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody made the Arms comment on the PS5 sales thread lol

55d7bf1eb4ad33885ec15a5ec252eaa1.gif

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Hello, if you dont want to have a conversation dont go to other places and im still waiting for you to show proof that companies cant back up of deals because that is what you said

Any company can change their mind until the deal is sign, that was my answer to you and not if their is or not cost associated with the backdown. Since you are not going to responde to my last response, i will give it here to you
Jesus.

I didn't say companies can't ever back out of deals, just that they generally can't back out of late-stage acquisition talks without penalty. Which is just, like, the truth.

You are out of your depth. You don't know what you are talking about if you don't think that's true. You were literally saying that breakup fees didn't exist, that no company would agree to them, when they're a standard feature of M&A talks of this scale. I didn't respond to your last post in the other thread because it didn't make any sense. I'm not debating this with you. I already told you that.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't see it as console wars for the sole fact you are emphasizing the difference in expectations. People's expectations for Nintendo were overblown to the point where a new IP selling over 2 million is considered a failure. Whereas for someone else it would be an incredible success.

Heck if we go by other publishers like Namco where they have multiple skus and together selling over a million to them is a success for a Jrpg.

We already know that expectations are higher in general though, and that wasn't just in the early days of Switch. Super Mario Maker 2 is considered a disappointment at 6m+, and even games like Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem were expected to not just be the best selling games in their genre but 5m+ sellers.

I imagine Metroid Dread will be considered a failure/disappointment if it's not a multimillion seller too despite that being out of whack with how that style of game sells.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Yea it may seem like I'm being salty, but man being a big fan of ARMS it was incredibly hard to post positive comments about it because it was swallowed up by so much damn negativity. You couldn't get through a post without people saying "dead game" or "sales are a failure" or worse "It's not worth 60 dollars" even though people are fine with other fighting games being 60 bucks. It was hard being a fan when a lot of the comments were basically shitting on the game.

The launch of the Switch was definitely rough for some games. Thankfully sales proved them wrong in the end.

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
Somebody made the Arms comment on the PS5 sales thread lol

What happens in such case is that no one reacts to it but people make generic comments like:

"How could anyone think that Ratchet didn't sell well?!"

And then someone reacts to it with something like: "Out of jealousy."

And end of story. :-)

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
Thinking about final battles in 3D Zelda games, probably BOTW's was the most anti-climactic of them all. Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, all of them had fucking epic final battles.

Jan 20, 2019
Jesus.

I didn't say companies can't ever back out of deals, just that they generally can't back out of late-stage acquisition talks without penalty. Which is just, like, the truth.

You are out of your depth. You don't know what you are talking about if you don't think that's true. I didn't respond to your last post in the other thread because it didn't make any sense. I'm not debating this with you. I already told you that.

Well, that is how you comment sound because that is how you painted so i apologize and you dont need to make snarky comments or run to other threads.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Checking out videos of Apex Legends on Mobile and I've come to 2 conclusions:

1) EA learned their lesson on porting to weaker hardware. It looks like the built it from the ground up for phones because it runs amazing.
2) They should have built a ground up version of Apex for the Nintendo Switch. No way a phone can run solid 30/60 and a switch can't.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Initial sales of Arms were never the "problem". What's more worrying for its potential future is it's complete lack of legs and what I assume is pretty poor player retention and social media engagement. It sold well, yes, initially. Is it alive though? Does Nintendo senses demand and potential for growth? (I hope they do)

As long as there is someone at the top that pushes ARMS like Yabuki then it should be fine. It's the reason why games like Star Fox and Pikmin keep coming back because there is someone that pushes the IP to come back. Heck Metroid is coming back in a big way even though previous entries in the franchise weren't huge sellers.

Also, we have to look at the IP from a fighting game standpoint which already has a smaller audience compared to other genres. It was a game that sold well for what it was and has the potential to be even better with a sequel if they add on top of it. A game with incredible character designs like that cannot be one and done.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
That's on the other hand, a very good point. I personally don't see ARMS being internally developped in the near future because of how most EPD ressources are monopolized by huge sellers nowadays which exploded even more during the Switch era.

However, I could definitely see an ARMS 2 being developped by Bandai with EPD supervision, they were already very involved with the original ARMS.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
It is truly beyond comprehension
To be fair though it is a cool goth-ass halo of darkness, almost distracts from the rest of that ridiculousness.
I really tried to give it the benefit of the doubt this time but by halfway through the second fight I was back to hating it xD

Yeah that was a solid twist, the increasingly unhinged build up to it was great too. Catching lightning for a instant skyward strike is hands down one of the coolest things in the series
It was mentioned before, but please use [ SPOILER] tags instead of [ ISPOILER] when discussing actual spoilers, since [ ISPOILERS] is not very reliable.

EDIT: Thanks Boz, appreciate ya

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My only problem with the BotW final boss is that Calamity Ganon is such a non-entity, chilling in the middle of the map doing jack shit. The actual fight is better and most engaging than most as it has some actual challenge but once you finish it, there's no actual emotional weight to it. It's a similar issue I have with Twilight Princess for example.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
That's on the other hand, a very good point. I personally don't see ARMS being internally developped in the near future because of how most EPD ressources are monopolized by huge sellers nowadays which exploded even more during the Switch era.

However, I could definitely see an ARMS 2 being developped by Bandai with EPD supervision, they were already very involved with the original ARMS.

It really depends on what Yabuki's team may want to do after a new Mario Kart. I imagine it would be either a new evolution to ARMS or Nintendodogs (Still think this series would do better mobile).

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
My only problem with the BotW final boss is that Calamity Ganon is such a non-entity, chilling in the middle of the map doing jack shit. The actual fight is better and most engaging than most as it has some actual challenge but once you finish it, there's no actual emotional weight to it. It's a similar issue I have with Twilight Princess for example.
Even the Blights had more emotion tied to them. Hearing your friends cheer you up, telling you to avenge them was really hooked me up to beating their asses.

Drop the inter-community sniping/metacommentary

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
What happens in such case is that no one reacts to it but people make generic comments like:

"How could anyone think that Ratchet didn't sell well?!"

And then someone reacts to it with something like: "Out of jealousy."

And end of story. :-)
Official Staff Communication
Can we drop this kind of inter-community sniping and anticipation of posts made in other threads please, it doesn't help, we already ask other single-platform threads not to do this. Thanks.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Fuck...I think...I got spoiled on the who the mastermind for Danganronpa V3...

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
you're saying the problem with Arms is the lack of legs?

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
What an asshole lol.

Should have emphasized that fact beforehand.
It's this one. I literally I have no idea if that guy is the mastermind but from that 2 seconds, I saw, I assume he is...man I feel so sick right now. Danganronpa V3 was one of my most anticipated games to play...

Sep 29, 2019
Just finished getting the
Sacred Flame from Farore
in Skyward Sword.
It's funny because for the entire first half-ish of the game you feel like you're about to complete it and then you're suddenly spending hours getting a single
Sacred Flame

EDIT: My, i have no idea how to properly do the spoiler thingies

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
It's this one. I literally I have no idea if that guy is the mastermind but from that 2 seconds, I saw, I assume he is...man I feel so sick right now. Danganronpa V3 was one of my most anticipated games to play...

Yea it sucks but at the end of the day it's all about the journey and how you get there.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019

Oh are you talking about that short scene around 30 seconds in?
That's.. the intro cutscene of the game lmao it doesn't have any real meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.