MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Got my Australian preorder in: fun fact I did not ask myself if I really needed this because that is apparently a thing.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Might not be an account thing but game play time tracking is not accurate/shared between two systems? (or so I was told)
That's right. Even after doing a system transfer, your playtime across games doesn't really work right. Like, if I have 30 hours in Smash, it won't start counting any new playtime until I hit that mark on the new Switch, and at that point, it won't change to 60 hours. It'll be missing the 30 extra hours you put in.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt you'll be able to pre-order the dock. I also doubt it'll be hard to find except for potentially the first week or two.

Damn, well if I can't pre-order I hope at least it ships quickly from Nintendo's site.

Can't you just use a usb lan adapter?

Honestly I've just had no luck with the three separate adapters I have bought because I refuse to drop $40 on Nintendo branded tech that shouldn't be more than $8.

Plus, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a hardware tear down of the new dock might reveal a HDMI 2.0/2.1 port instead of 1.4 for futureproofing. If we're lucky maybe this means that we can still use these docks compatible with our OG Switch's to get 4K streaming service content available if Netflix/Prime/Crave/Disney+ ever actually show up

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to sleeppppp

PastCalmAnole-size_restricted.gif

olimpia84

Nov 1, 2017
Tampa Bay
That's right. Even after doing a system transfer, your playtime across games doesn't really work right. Like, if I have 30 hours in Smash, it won't start counting any new playtime until I hit that mark on the new Switch, and at that point, it won't change to 60 hours. It'll be missing the 30 extra hours you put in.
Damn, that stinks. It might not be a big deal for some but it bothers me for sure.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Got mine for my son!

his switch he play on daily, is scratched up, thejoy cons don't stay attached so he will get the upgrade.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for Amazon in the US tomorrow. Fortunately I WFH so I will be able to monitor it.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I've just had no luck with the three separate adapters I have bought because I refuse to drop $40 on Nintendo branded tech that shouldn't be more than $8.
Is that US? MSRP is $30 and I've never seen it higher than that.

Regardless, which adapters did you try? As long as it shares the same chipset as the licensed one (AX88179) it should work. This one is rather popular.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Is that US? MSRP is $30 and I've never seen it higher than that.

Regardless, which adapters did you try? As long as it shares the same chipset as the licensed one (AX88179) it should work. This one is rather popular.

Canadian lol. I recall trying about three or four brands that I ended up returning to Amazon or Best Buy or Staples, and I just gave up after about a year and a half ago.

I suppose I'll look into this one next if it means a slightly better SSBU online experience (I know, wishful thinking lol) or at least a solid connection for cloud gaming, but I'm still kinda hoping for that updated HDMI port if streaming services pan out

Deleted member 46433

Aug 5, 2018
Using the triforce of power and wisdom to resist buying this.

I admit looks great. If I didn't have a switch I'd be all over this.

I'm not the only one struggling here lol
As an Owner of a oled laptop. I can't go back to lcd lol. Seeing games pop in person will be a beauty. I'm getting this and selling my switch to cover it.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know if i can justify the cost for this right now. If i could trade in my current switch maybe but outright spend 350 for a better switch that I already have...I was hyped for it but the more I think on it I dont think I need this right now. I game on my tv a lot anyways and its an oled lol.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
What a weird buy…if I was certain a new Switch was coming next year I wouldn't get this, and I just know that after about an hour of playing this I won't care about the new screen compared to mine.

Defunkled

Oct 29, 2017
What're the chances that US preorders go up in the middle of the night on the East coast? 10,000%?

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
What a weird buy…if I was certain a new Switch was coming next year I wouldn't get this, and I just know that after about an hour of playing this I won't care about the new screen compared to mine.

This is kinda where I am at. the LCD on my switch is actually really good imo. I dont think the upgrade is worth another 350 bucks. Itll be nice sure but i think ill save that for the actual successor to the switch which will be an oled anyway.

Tlozbj

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Puerto Rico
What're the chances that US preorders go up in the middle of the night on the East coast? 10,000%?

Middle middle of the night, probably higher than 0% but not too much. Though in the early morning (6 - 7 am), has a good chance. Pretty sure that was around the time the OG Switch preorders went up, at least on Gamestop. However, I'll stay up till 2 - 3 a.m. juuuust in case (aside of being my usual sleeping hour).

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Does anybody have any pre-order links for Japan?

I've been checking the usual suspects – Yodobashi, Bic, Kojima, Yamada Denki, Amazon, Tsutaya, and Nintendo – but nothing yet.

Dec 5, 2017
Middle middle of the night, probably higher than 0% but not too much. Though in the early morning (6 - 7 am), has a good chance. Pretty sure that was around the time the OG Switch preorders went up, at least on Gamestop. However, I'll stay up till 2 - 3 a.m. juuuust in case (aside of being my usual sleeping hour).

I was in college I very much remember the switch preorders going up at like 2-3 am EST

Oct 27, 2017
I vaguely remember the OG Switch going live on Best Buy around midnight CST. Hoping the same for the OLED.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I fired up my launch Switch just to scrutinize the picture quality, and it has some really nice contrast and color vibrance. I guess I got lucky with the screen lottery or whatever, but as gorgeous as that OLED probably looks, I can't justify the purchase just for that.

Next-gen Switch had better stick with OLED, but I'm fine waiting longer for proper new hardware. Hopefully by then Nintendo will bother adding HDR support.

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
People of Latam, other than Amazon, does anyone knows about other store that ship to Latam (Chile)?
I guess that it will be cheaper to by there than here :/ unfortunately

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I fired up my launch Switch just to scrutinize the picture quality, and it has some really nice contrast and color vibrance. I guess I got lucky with the screen lottery or whatever, but as gorgeous as that OLED probably looks, I can't justify the purchase just for that.

Next-gen Switch had better stick with OLED, but I'm fine waiting longer for proper new hardware. Hopefully by then Nintendo will bother adding HDR support.

launch switches had better screens overall. further models were brighter but not as good contrast. also the color temp was way too warm.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll see you in the morning when we will all cry at the sight of SOLD OUT

Tlozbj

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Puerto Rico
I was in college I very much remember the switch preorders going up at like 2-3 am EST

Yeah, that's why I put the Gamestop part, wasn't sure of other retailers. Though pretty sure at least GS took more time, since by that time I was in HS and did a group chat with the buds, and going back through it, there was no note of pre-orders, and we stayed up till close to 4 a.m.. The earliest was GS at around 7 a.m., and me sending a screenshot after being able to preorder the console + BotW's Master Edition at 7:14 a.m.(thank you GS credit card!).

Defunkled

Oct 29, 2017
Got a Twitter notification from Wario64 right at 1:00 but it was a deal for Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to waking up and learning that everywhere sold out while I was asleep. :(

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
I don't really think this will face the stock issues we've seen from gpus and next gen. Switch itself has had supply constraints but it's not do or die like at the beginning of the pandemic.