HiredN00bs

Oct 25, 2017
Laurel, MD
I wonder how much credit GameStop will give for the burgundy Nintendo DSiXL which I also bought when it launched.

RHnRVl.gif

My brother's kids have been "borrowing" the Switch I got in March 2019 since January. I bought an Animal Crossing special edition console from a scalper in March 2020 and gave it to my son's mother as a gift, but that was the last I saw of it. This will be my third Switch purchase.

Last edited:

hannybunny24

Jun 25, 2018
Germany
You can combine that with the voucher "82222" at the checkout to save 15 Euros. And you can pay after shipping too. Not too bad.
Thank you, got a preorder 50 bucks cheaper than at Saturn.de now and I don't have to pay upfront.

Is anyone who actually owns a switch already picking up this?
Yeah, my launch Switch travelled around half the world with me, got played like crazy and it shows. I do need new Joycons anyway and I want the bigger screen. Wanted to get a pro but if it's not happening for a while I'm gonna be happy with this one too.

Kehaan

Feb 27, 2019
Danmark
I am also pre-ordering it, as soon as it is possible here in denmark.
I don't have a Switch right now, so this will be perfect for me :)

(Also when i had one, my main issue with is was the small screen in handheld mode. Sooo this is much much better.)

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Is anyone who actually owns a switch already picking up this?
100%. I swapped out my launch Switch for the AC edition and I also have my trusty yellow Switch lite. I'm really looking forward to the bigger screen for handheld mode.

This will replace my AC edition, which will go on my shelf of special Nintendo hardware.

Oct 25, 2017
I told myself I wasn't going to get this, but I still have a launch Switch, and the battery life hike is just enough of an upgrade for me to spring for it.

Plus aesthetically the white dock & joycons would look great next to my PS5.

uk - amazon

Hikariixx

One Winged Slayer
Nov 19, 2020
Amazon UK links (not live yet, and in French for some reason):

Console Nintendo Switch Modèle OLED avec Station d'Accueil/Manettes Joy-Con Blanches https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B098RJXBTY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HNX0ZMQ66XF4W15G4677

Console Nintendo Switch Modèle OLED avec Manettes Joy-Con Bleu Néon/Rouge Néon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B098BYN3X3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_SQTFAJ8VEY5HKMJX7PR4
Found a new listing in English. Still temporarily unavailable but I imagine that it will go live soon.

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - White : Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Buy Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - White from Amazon.co.uk. Everyday low prices on a huge range of consoles, games and accessories.

Boomchil

Nov 1, 2017
France
Gonna eBay my Yellow Lite for £100+ and my OG Switch for £125+ (the dock does not work, so value probably decreased) and hopefully get £250 or so to go towards this.

Note that if your OG Switch is the «homebrewable» one (models bought before mid 2019 if I recall correctly) you can get waaaay much more for it.

Oct 25, 2017
México
98% of my time with my Switch is in portable mode, so an OLED screen would be a nice upgrade. I can probably sell my current V2 Switch for around $250 USD on Facebook Marketplace, so I would get an upgraded model for just an extra $100 USD.

Sounds like a solid plan.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
100%. I swapped out my launch Switch for the AC edition and I also have my trusty yellow Switch lite. I'm really looking forward to the bigger screen for handheld mode.

This will replace my AC edition, which will go on my shelf of special Nintendo hardware.
Are you swapping between Lite and standard when you play games? Play the Lite one day, then play the standard another day? What happens with save game progress?

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I have the battery revision Switch from 2019, sold my launch Switch for it. Will sell it for the White OLED Switch.

Daughter has a Coral Switch Lite and just bought my son the Blurple Switch Lite for his birthday in two weeks.

We are gonna be a 3 Switch home. Falling right into Nintendo's strategy.

thegodsend

Oct 26, 2017
I felt a bit let down based on my expectation of a 4K model but after two days, I decided that it's still a nice upgrade as I play mainly in handheld mode - and I want to play Metroid in the best possible version. So, Amazon, please let me preorder one now.

OP
OP
catboy

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have the battery revision Switch from 2019, sold my launch Switch for it. Will sell it for the White OLED Switch.

Daughter has a Coral Switch Lite and just bought my son the Blurple Switch Lite for his birthday in two weeks.

We are gonna be a 3 Switch home. Falling right into Nintendo's strategy.
some of us are a 3 switch home but live alone 😂

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Are you swapping between Lite and standard when you play games? Play the Lite one day, then play the standard another day? What happens with save game progress?
In practice, I mostly play single player games on the Lite and use the regular Switch for playing with friends when I have company over.

I think I'll probably start playing more single player games on the OLED model, though.

Linkie3

Feb 8, 2019
I said I don't need one, and wait for a real pro version or a BOTW2 edition. But the biggest game retailer in my country has a trade in, where you got 200 euro for your current Switch. So I placed a pre-order just a hour before they were sold out. I only have to pay 50 now, and pay the rest when i got to pick it up.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
If I go traveling this year I might buy this since I still have a Switch from 2017. But I feel like there's gonna be another revision/succ in 2 years too. But $350 doesn't really hurt my wallet either.

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
Even if it has the latest updates?!
Yes. It's a hardware exploit that no software update can fix.

I've been enjoying Retroarch with CRT filters for three years on this baby, without losing access to all the games I buy.
I looked into this, since I have the og model too, but it seems its after April 2018 that Nintendo started to patch the exploit, found a link with an explanation with which serial numbers have the exploit fixed or not fixed.

Switch Serial numbers.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
There is like a 20% chance I may buy this. I have an old hackable switch -- if I decide to retire it and hack it I'll get this thing. But more likely I wait until the next model revision after this, however many years from now that is. Who knows, maybe I'll get the itch sooner though.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how good the screen looks. If it's 720p pentile at 7" that might not look great

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I'd be more interested in this revision if it were 100% compatible with LABO. I'm worried the extra size will be an issue.

jordn613

Oct 25, 2017
Note that if your OG Switch is the «homebrewable» one (models bought before mid 2019 if I recall correctly) you can get waaaay much more for it.

What's the going rate for one? I have one but I don't know how much to ask for and where to safely sell it. I'll be replacing it with the OLED model so it's probably better I sell it privately than trade it to Gamestop...