• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dinskugga

Nov 6, 2017
im not gonna buy this for its shitty price in sweden. no way im paying (4699SEK - 461 EURO - 546 USD) its like buying ít from a scalper.
if it was a real pro unit sure. but not for 0,8" inch bigger oled screen.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I can't recall how long we had to wait for fcc approval for the SNES classic

I remember it was a shitshow and I was having to check wario64 notifications for weeks. and then Walmart put them up in the middle of the night, I got one, and then Walmart cancelled every order and then just put them up again 2 days later lol.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
For those who have a Lite, how easy is it to share games/save files between them?

Oct 25, 2017
México
For those who have a Lite, how easy is it to share games/save files between them?
It works like the other systems.

You set a Primary and Secondary console. The Primary console can play all the digital games from any user account, both offline and online.

The Secondary console can only play the games with the user account that purchased the game and with an online check to launch the game.

If you want to share games with another person, set the console you want to share as the Primary console so everyone can play on their own user account. Your personal console should be set as Secondary, because only your user profile can play the games.

With Cloud Saves, you can sync game saves automatically across all your devices.

w6OPlnS.png

Last edited:

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States

You set a Primary and Secondary console. The Primary console can play all the digital games from any user account, both offline and online.

The Secondary console can only play the games with the user account that purchased the game and with an online check to launch the game.

If you want to share games with another person, set the console you want to share as the Primary console so everyone can play on their own user account. Your personal console should be set as Secondary, because only your user profile can play the games.

With Cloud Saves, you can sync game saves automatically across all your devices.

w6OPlnS.png

Does cloud save of a running game automatically back up when the system is in sleep mode or do we have to close the game first?

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017

w6OPlnS.png

Thank you! So right now I want to transform my OG Switch (where I have all my digital content) into dock only and get an OLED for handheld, so in this context I should make the OLED my primary and the OG as secondary?

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! So right now I want to transform my OG Switch (where I have all my digital content) into dock only and get an OLED for handheld, so in this context I should make the OLED my primary and the OG as secondary?
That's likely the better setup, as your docked Switch should always be online to make the check-in, so being the secondary won't be an issue.

Something to keep in mind - not every game supports cloud saves like that. Splatoon and Pokemon have to be manually transferred back and forth. Animal Crossing has its own transfer tool. A full list is maintained here.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
That's likely the better setup, as your docked Switch should always be online to make the check-in, so being the secondary won't be an issue.

Something to keep in mind - not every game supports cloud saves like that. Splatoon and Pokemon have to be manually transferred back and forth. Animal Crossing has its own transfer tool. A full list is maintained here.

Thanks again, appreciate the response.

Now I'm relymg on Nintendo to release new Joy-Cons with no drift to justify my purchase.

Oct 25, 2017
México
Sorry for the late reply, but as others have mentioned, yes, that would be the best setup.

OG Switch as Secondary console because it would requiere an online check for every digital game, and OLED as your Primary console so you can play even without internet everywhere.

HiredN00bs

Oct 25, 2017
Laurel, MD
Sorry for the late reply, but as others have mentioned, yes, that would be the best setup.

OG Switch as Secondary console because it would requiere an online check for every digital game, and OLED as your Primary console so you can play even without internet everywhere.
This really depends on your needs.

I want to allow my family to play the games I buy digitally on their profiles, so I'll keep the original console as Primary. I can almost always be online with a second console because I can tether to my phone in most instances in which WiFi is not available.

However, if you were in a situation where you were the only user, it would make more sense to set the portable console as Primary, to allow for offline play.

Oct 25, 2017
México
This really depends on your needs.

I want to allow my family to play the games I buy digitally on their profiles, so I'll keep the original console as Primary. I can almost always be online with a second console because I can tether to my phone in most instances in which WiFi is not available.

However, if you were in a situation where you were the only user, it would make more sense to set the portable console as Primary, to allow for offline play.
Yeah, of course.

If you want to share games, and you are the one buying all the games with your own user account, yes, the Primary console should be the one used by everyone and the secondary console should be your personal one.

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship
I like how little they did to differentiate the packaging of the OLED model from the OG model.

The OLED model is literally now just in a vertical box, but looks pretty close to the old model. I guess the white one could still sell more, but still. I would have put "OLED" in big font on the screen.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
It still hasn't gone up in Amazon Japan, right??? Is there any way to track that one??? I don't know for sure if Amazon US will ship to México, so that could be another option for me.

Tlozbj

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Puerto Rico
If the banner carrousel is anything to go by, we should probably not expect anything from Gamestop this week. The carrousel updated for this week and the only Switch hardware mentioned is the Lite for some case and controller promotion. So not even the banner like Target had some days ago. Hence, unless they swap one (MHS2 Available Now one?) for a SWO one, it doesn't seem likely this week.

Hulk1988

Jul 7, 2021
Still waiting for amazon.de but also pre-ordered already at otto.de. With a new account and the two vouchers (Which every new member is getting) you going down to:

336,49 Euro

Hulk1988

Jul 7, 2021
What are the payment-options at Otto.de? Do they charge you right on order like MediaMarkt?
At Otto I am always paying with "With Invoice" or "Mit Rechnung".

So they send you the package, and you have two weeks to pay it. If they do not ship, you do not "care".

In the past 50% of the Pre-Orders got canceled. Because of that I want to be on the safe side to Pre-Order at Amazon.de as well.