• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
After saying I wouldn't pay £310 just for an OLED screen I preordered with Argos lol, I'm weak. No idea how reliable they are for not selling more than their allocation

OP
OP
catboy

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!!

Preordered the white with Argos. Official Nintendo U.K. taking too long.
After saying I wouldn't pay £310 just for an OLED screen I preordered with Argos lol, I'm weak. No idea how reliable they are for not selling more than their allocation
do either of you know / can you see if you would be able to update the delivery address after ordering? i have one with GAME, but i might be moving before october and i don't know how good GAME are at updating delivery address 😅

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Those able to pre order, how has the process been? Gone in minutes, seconds, etc?

Trying to gauge how it may go for North America. Nevermind, just saw this, lol
What a hit, son!! Thanks so much.

I've just managed to pre-order the white one from Argos, a few hours after your post.
A few hours later gives me alot of hope whenever North America starts.

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018
Since the consensus is that US preorders have to wait for FCC approval, is there any way we can track that?

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Glad I am not participating in this "game" this year. Then again, my time will come (and with a vengeance) whenever the next Switch iteration will come out and be up for preorder...

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Those able to pre order, how has the process been? Gone in minutes, seconds, etc?

Well in Europe it went up for preorder in most places one day after the announcement, and in some big chains like Media Markt you can still preorder. I guess it will be similar in the US. This is seemingly not on the crazy scale of the next gen consoles.
But they limit the units you can buy with 2 (only ordered 1).

Apr 26, 2020

I know that in the Netherlands the pre orders were gone in like 3 hours after going live

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In belgium @Gamemania, it's like preorders where one day up & are already sold out.
They don't take new preorders for now. Crazy.

Label

Oct 26, 2017
Haha glad I am not the only one refreshing Amazon like a mad man. Even though I have one pre-ordered elsewhere already.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
do either of you know / can you see if you would be able to update the delivery address after ordering? i have one with GAME, but i might be moving before october and i don't know how good GAME are at updating delivery address 😅

You should be able to, I know Game had an issue with one launch where they cancelled the orders of people who changed their details but that was quite a while back, might have been the PS4. You could phone them and make sure they do it properly just to make sure

OP
OP
catboy

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should be able to, I know Game had an issue with one launch where they cancelled the orders of people who changed their details but that was quite a while back, might have been the PS4. You could phone them and make sure they do it properly just to make sure
awesome, thank you for that info. yeah, i was thinking of the ps4 situation 😅

Jul 18, 2018
North Carolina
Since the consensus is that US preorders have to wait for FCC approval, is there any way we can track that?

You can search the FCC site here: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm. Nintendo's grantee code is BKE and you can search for product codes HAC001 (OG), HDH001 (Lite), and HEG001 (OLED).

You can also use sites like fccid.io or fcc.report that index the records and are little easier to navigate:

Switch http://fccid.io/BKEHAC001
Switch Lite http://fccid.io/BKEHDH001
Switch OLED http://fccid.io/BKEHEG001

Lite was announced on July 10, 2019. The "Request for Short-Term Confidentiality" to the FCC is dated July 17. All the documents were submitted to FCC on July 29, and pre-orders went live on July 31 for US retailers.

Nothing shows up for the OLED yet. If it follows the same pattern as the Lite, we'd see pre-orders a day or two after the FCC documents appear.

Apr 26, 2020
Even that is an eternity in console preorders. I think scalpers will still snap up most of the supply in the US, but it's entirely possible some portion of them saw the online reaction and decided to focus their efforts elsewhere.

Well that's the nice part ''Gamemania'' our gamestop so to speak only allowed pre-orders made by a phone call and not via internet, to ensure the consoles go to real costumers, they also had a trade-in deal where you can get €200 discount on the OLED model if you traded in your old Switch (so €150 left to pay for your OLED)

The other stores dont do that and their pre order went gone much faster

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Do you think i should preorder it? still not sure if i wanna buy it, here in Italy Switch is always available in stores with no shortage, and it's also often on sale. I don't think they will have trouble producing this new model since it will still use the same Tegra Soc, don't you think?

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
Do you think i should preorder it? still not sure if i wanna buy it, here in Italy Switch is always available in stores with no shortage, and it's also often on sale. I don't think they will have trouble producing this new model since it will still use the same Tegra Soc, don't you think?
I agree they won't have trouble producing this compared to the other models. It will be a matter of what percentage of production they choose to allocate to this model vs the other 2 models and how they decide to distribute that within each region, which we can't really know honestly.

My guess is that if you want one of these you will be able to find one -- though initial launch window is always tough for any product. I'd say wait if you're not even sure if you want it. Absolute worst case is what -- you decide you do want it after all and it takes you a few months to find one? That's not really a big deal

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
I want one of these now as I want to sell my Lite and get a Switch I can hook to my TV once in a while. So if I'm going to buy one of those I might as well get the newest model but I won't go crazy trying to pre-order like I did for the PS5.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Argos do take payment on pre-order, just wanted to correct myself. Money has left my account.