Now that MS has five publishing arms, which is your favorite and why?

• The original XGS.

• Bethesda.

• Activision.

• Blizzard.

• King.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Inspired by my previous thread and poll:

www.resetera.com

Now that MS has two publishing arms, which is your favorite and why?

For me there is no context, AOE is at the top of my favorite franchises (I liked the franchise before I ever knew anything about xbox) and I like a lot of the other XGS franchises too (Halo and Forza being standouts). Bethesda's favorite franchise for me would be Wolfenstein. What about you...

This one should be a lot more interesting, I will include King as an option even though voting will be split between XGS, Bethesda, Activision and Blizzard.

We can look at both the IPs and studios each publishing arm has individually and vote that way.

As for me, I am still going to vote for the original XGS due to Age of Empires, and that would hardly change with MS for me unless they somehow had EA, Sega or Paradox instead.

Curious to see where Era lands, but at a guess it will be between Bethesda and Blizzard.

Edit: Some people are ranking them in preference, so here is my rank, feel free to do the same.

1 - XGS
2 - Activision
3 - Bethesda
4 - Blizzard
5 - King

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I really, really appreciate the variety in XGS themselves, both in their mainstay series and in their oddball one-off projects.

CountCorvinus

Mar 10, 2023
Touch choice.

I wanna say Xbox Game Studios but I play at least one Bethesda game every day so I kinda feel obligated to vote for that.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
3 more and they can be an octopus

i voted Blizzard. Warcraft (even with how much damage they've done to my love for it over the years) is hard to beat. But Bethesda is a close 2nd.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I liked Doom and Wolfenstein, but other than that, Bethesda does nothing for me. Gotta go with XGS.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't really play Bethesda games until after they hit Game Pass.

I absolutely love Fallout, Dishonored, Prey, and Starfield. Wolfenstein has some fantastic games as well. Looking forward to getting into TES sometime soon.

I still like OG Xbox, but I don't play as much Halo, Sea of Thieves or Forza Horizon as I used to. Really hoping they shake things up for Forza Horizon 6.

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
1- XGS by far, i love a lot of studio they own (like obsidian, rare, InXile) and their announced software slate are really exciting for me
2- Zenimax i only love BGS (starfield and FO4 disappointed me a lot but Skyrim is one of my favorite game and i'm excited for TES6)
3- Activision they have crash, spyro and GH
4- King i still play some candy crush
5- Blizzard (i don't play their games but will try diablo 4 when it come to gamepass)

gdiss

Banned
Jun 21, 2023
XGS because Obsidian. They gave us Pentiment (one of the best games this gen) and the Pillars of Eternity franchise (probably the best crpg games out there).

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda for me. Their style of open world game is still my favorite. Even with its issues I had a great time with Starfield and I can't wait for the next Elder Scrolls.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Blizzard. Bethedsa is largely irrelevenat to me, Activision is just CoD which I love but one game isn't enough, King might as well not exist and XGS is close to Blizzard just because of the variety but the quality isn't close to it outside of PG (For me).

AhhBisto

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 30, 2023
UK
In order:

1. Bethesda - There isn't an IP there that I don't love.
2. Activision - I'm a CoD guy, so many amazing memories with friends over the last 16 years.
3. XGS - Halo, Forza and State of Decay are personal favourites.
4. Blizzard - Don't play many of their games but Diablo.
5. King - Don't play at all.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard or Bethesda. Blizzard for OW and hopefully a HotS reboot please, Bethesda for id, Machinegames, Arkane, Tango...basically everything except for actual Bethesda.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought an option for "I don't like any of them" and "I like them all equaly", like the previous thread, wouldn't make much sense.

I just mean turning off the ability to see the results without voting. I have no opinion in this case but I like to see the opinions of others!!

Zerpette

Jun 23, 2023
OG XGS by far for me. ABK and to a lesser extent Bethesda seem like tremendous wastes of money that would've been better spent on partnerships rather than acquisitions.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
It's tough to choose between XGS and Bethesda. One has Obsidian, Inxile, Playground, The Coaltition, 343i, Double Fine, the World's Edge partnership games and their global publishing (Gears Tactics, Ori, Flight Sim etc.) that I care about, not to mention a wild card in The Initiative.

The other has Arkane, ID Software, Bethesda, MachineGames and Tango. I'll go with XGS, especially if we're including their global publishing as a part of it.

Activision Blizzard King are (almost) voids of nothingness to me. Sure, I like Crash and Spyro and would like to see the original Starcraft and Warcraft games on console, but those all happen so rarely, I often forget they make anything interesting at all.

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
I think Bethesda is in decline since 2018. None of their games are interesting to me now.

Blizzard's last interesting game was Hearthstone at launch.

Activision is mostly CoD and except MW2019 I think CoD is in decline after BO2 (this was peak). Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 is masterpiece.

I don't play King games.

I love games like Ori and Psychonauts 2 but I feel like Xbox's AAA output isn't for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.