How do you feel about One Piece live action?

• I enjoyed it and I don’t have many complaints

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • I would have preferred if it deviated from the manga less

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • I feel like I live in a simulation because how do people like it

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I don’t know if I liked it but I did enjoy seeing how they adapted the manga

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • I expected a train wreck and was shocked that it worked

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • I can’t get over that One Piece has become an example of a good live action adaption

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
I'm glad I can read the manga but still enjoy my anime episode on Sunday tbh… Was so scared of that when my friends kept trying to convince me to read it..

Although the anime sometimes does explain stuff to me because it is in motion.. in the manga iirc we saw Blackbeard holding Boa but here we actually see the reason for that

It's a good time for OP media :')

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I can read the manga but still enjoy my anime episode on Sunday tbh… Was so scared of that when my friends kept trying to convince me to read it..

Although the anime sometimes does explain stuff to me because it is in motion.. in the manga iirc we saw Blackbeard holding Boa but here we actually see the reason for that

It's a good time for OP media :')

The reason was she slave arrow his crew and marines and would have done the same to him .
Don't think it hard to miss in the manga then caught her off guard .

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Well it's good that you can enjoy the anime .
I can also enjoy the manga! But it's harder for me to follow. I have been recent reading the new chapter for like 2/3 months now cause all my friends read it

It's enjoyable tho cause I can get the info and stuff and general feel for how it goes down (without understanding it all) and right now it gets me even more hyped for the anime episodes to come

Cause now I know we can expect the Honesty episode, the Kuma flashbacks and stuff. I was afraid reading the manga would sour me cause I would.. Spoil myself? But it even gets me more hyped luckily, partly because Egghead starts so strong

Last edited:

Seik

Jan 5, 2023
Québec City
gear-5-gear-6.gif

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Will Bonney be the next Strawhat?
raf,750x1000,075,t,101010:01c5ca27c6.u2.jpg

Y'all know how it goes. Vote yea or nay. Whoever loses has to wear an avatar picked by the winning team for two weeks

If Team Yes loses:
0WDTlLo.png

If Team No loses:
sRHObJS.png

Team Yay
AgentLampshade
Alexi52
sAbobo
brain_
Rouk'
Aiqops

Team Nay
Tace
Dougieflesh
Gundamkyoukai
Nharmonic
Cantaim
Doskoi Panda
Stunner911
Noppie

Absolutely not.

Crew's full.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017

Y'all know how it goes. Vote yea or nay. Whoever loses has to wear an avatar picked by the winning team for two weeks

If Team Yes loses:
0WDTlLo.png

If Team No loses:
sRHObJS.png

Team Yay
AgentLampshade
Alexi52
sAbobo
brain_
Rouk'
Aiqops

Team Nay
Tace
Dougieflesh
Gundamkyoukai
Nharmonic
Cantaim
Doskoi Panda
Stunner911
Noppie

Nah we got Jin-bae, crew's full.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017

If Team Yes loses:
0WDTlLo.png

If Team No loses:
sRHObJS.png

Team Yay
AgentLampshade
Alexi52
sAbobo
brain_
Rouk'
Aiqops

Team Nay
Tace
Dougieflesh
Gundamkyoukai
Nharmonic
Cantaim
Doskoi Panda
Stunner911
Noppie
AzorAhai
OptiveLink
Crew's full

Oct 26, 2017
Finally read the new chapter.

Kuma really was stalking Dragon's son from a distance. lol Jokes aside, it's a good way of Kuma learning that he and Dragon have more in common than he realized.

Fuck Alpha, dawg. All my homies hate Alpha.

Conney is really the MVP. I hope they didn't kill her. She did a whole lot for Bonney and Kuma.

I think some of you might be over-blowing how potentially overpowered Bonney's powers are. As what I assumed when she last showed off Distorted Future, I think she's just aging parts of her body with features from alternate timelines where her body shape and type are different.
She's most likely not accessing a timeline where she actually ate the Gum-Gum Fruit.

sAbobo

Dec 1, 2018
I've finally been banned from a reddit. Twas fun while it lasted.

Film Gold was ok, which probably means it's towards the top of the ones I've watched now

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Also I just got reminded that there's going to be a Suicide Squad Isekai anime

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Gotta say I'm really digging Spy X Family this season, I liked the first season too but I think it's really come along with the boat arc. Too bad about everything with Yuri but they can't all be winners.

OP
OP
Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Saw some clips of the latest episode. Man they are pasty ugh.

Also went to check chapter 498 when we first met Bonney. You can indeed see some of the fishermen in the one panel at the end of 1101 in her escape. I think that leaves Bege as having a crew seen in Sabaody that doesn't pop up in their later crew shots?

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Wait we getting spoilers this week can't remember ?
Nope, we're on break. Next spoilers should be one week from now.
Issue 1, Dec. 4th: One Piece 1100
Issue 2, Dec. 11th: One Piece 1101 (Cover + Lead Colour Page)
Issue 3, Dec. 18th: Oda Break
Issue 4-5, Dec. 25th: One Piece 1102
Jan. 1st: No magazine, but scans will likely release 1103 one whole week early
Issue 6-7, Jan. 6th: One Piece 1103
Jan. 15th: No magazine
Issue 8, Jan. 22nd: One Piece 1104
And then back to normal

I believe it's like this

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
P9qZuNg.gif

Hancock almost took Koby out of the story

I like the anime clarifying how she got caught by Blackbeard, makes perfect for Blackbeard's character to sneak attack her, but it happens in a way that doesn't diminish her strength.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I stand by my assumption that Hancock is the second strongest Warlord behind Mihawk

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weevil fan in shambles

I knew someone would bring them up, but I've decided to say fuck it and fully acknowledge how busted her DF is regardless of whether or not she'll actually get to use it on a top tier, casually one shotting Yonko Commanders and Vice Admirals ain't so bad

Also Weevil got captured :P

Status
Not open for further replies.