• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Vegapunk

• Old Man Vegapunk

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Shaka

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • Lilith

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Edison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pythagoras

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atlas

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • York

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Ayyy. Just say the word. We can exchange IDs or discords when that happens.
ryu-ken-sfa-intro2.gif

ryu-ken-sfa-intro.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Whenever they decide to do that One Piece spinoff/successor manga, Nakamura is looking like the right person to properly mimic Oda's style.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have finished my lengthy exodus... Behold, for I am caught up now on Spy X Family!

As for the whole Gear 5 discussion, all I'll say is at best Gear 5 could potentially be a distant 3rd place behind Super Saiyan and Ultra Instinct. Saying anything is just being dishonest. At any rate, one can take solace in that Gear 5 is truly a standout transformation in its own way.

Got spoiled on the chapter

One Piece really is back now

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
The peril of making your username a pun and your birth year...
On the front lines of the internet!

I have finished my lengthy exodus... Behold, for I am caught up now on Spy X Family!

As for the whole Gear 5 discussion, all I'll say is at best Gear 5 could potentially be a distant 3rd place behind Super Saiyan and Ultra Instinct. Saying anything is just being dishonest. At any rate, one can take solace in that Gear 5 is truly a standout transformation in its own way.

One Piece really is back now
You being generous I'd actually say Super Sayian Blue is also more iconic. People just don't like it lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's wait until G5 is at least animated to declare such things. We need to revisit this topic in 5 years lol. DBZ/S have a massive head start in popular culture.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You being generous I'd actually say Super Sayian Blue is also more iconic. People just don't like it lol.

I mean I guess, I would've said SSJ2 instead lol. (And the only reason I didn't bring it up was because I was just basically bundling it together with SSJ lol) But like I said, at best that's what Gear 5 could achieve, but at any rate not much use sweating over it, it'll be iconic in its own right and that's all that matters. Worrying about it being more popular than anything from Dragon Ball is a fool's game

Thoughts on latest arc? 🤔

It's kinda refreshing seeing a full-on spy arc without Anya every once in awhile. Yuri getting his ass beat but refusing to stay down was hilarious as fuck, especially that yelp from Twilight.

Now we got an actual formidable spy, but now Fiona's out here with the power-up? Might be her most likable screentime yet if it's as hype as it looks

I can't actually say 2 is more iconic because I literally can't tell you what it looks like on anyone that isn't Gohan in the Cell games. Not to ruffle any dragon ball fans feathers here lol

I mean that's fine, because Gohan himself is the iconic debut of said form that even you yourself admit you recognize, so it still counts lol

That said idk, you can tell easily with the hair being more spiky and the electric aura lol

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I can't actually say 2 is more iconic because I literally can't tell you what it looks like on anyone that isn't Gohan in the Cell games. Not to ruffle any dragon ball fans feathers here lol
You just said it Gohan debuted the form.

Shoot my damn son just told me he was going further beyond last week I'm like how the hell you know that…he won't watch dragonball lmao
Let's wait until G5 is at least animated to declare such things. We need to revisit this topic in 5 years lol. DBZ/S have a massive head start in popular culture.
We don't need to like literally. Enjoy the form ppl it ain't happening lol. The comparison was made as jokes on Twitter to begin with

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I feel like I might have needed to make it clearer that it's teen Gohan that I think is iconic and that the form itself is not lol. Oh well not gonna talk about it anymore as it's prime twitter manga wars territory about arguing what's iconic and what's iconic for only x property and their fans lol.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take it a step further
Every single super saiyan form is more iconic it is what it is. Appreciate gear 5 as a good form and let it rock

I feel like I might have needed to make it clearer that it's teen Gohan that I think is iconic and that the form itself is not lol. Oh well not gonna talk about it anymore as it's prime twitter manga wars territory about arguing what's iconic and what's iconic for only x property and their fans lol.

Well I'll just end things by saying that IMO you can't separate SSJ2 from Teen Gohan, so in conclusion it is iconic

But my bad, my Spy X Family exodus was longer than expected, I didn't mean to reignite the whole convo to this extent lmao

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I think the only DB transformations I can put Gear 5 above are SSG, that Trunks rage transformation( Goku black arc ), and Ultra Ego

Status
Not open for further replies.