Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
7557-o.jpg
Will Stunner ever make a post that isn't perfectly aligned with their avatar?

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Not much to say about this arc other than that this story was done before in other media but I really loved the way Luffy was mixed in. The backstory of Hancock and the rest of the amazons was cool and only fuled my hatred for the slavers and Celestial Dragons.

That being said, wtf is up with Hancock kicking animals? Not gonna lie, that aspect of her character made me dislike her for a while.

I always love prisons in media and this was a really cool prison story. Luffy going into the prison and meeting his former enemies (Buggy hell yes!) and others like Crocodile and Bon. I really liked this team up. It made the next arc even cooler and more intense.

The interactions between Luffy and his former enemies were great and as fun as I would have thought. Especially Buggy and his way of fooling his followers lol

The way the prison was structured was interesting. I am guessing Oda took inspiration from hell which is very fitting and fits really well with the crazy world of one peace. I really liked the fights and the many crazy characters like the warden's ability which lead to a very emotional scene with Luffy later on.

The second half where they escape was even more intense. Luffy + his allies and hundreds of prisoners wrecking shit. Perfection. Then you had many characters show up from many different sides and it was great. All this while they are chasing after Ace desperately.

RIP Bon you were a homie :(

Another banger in a series of great arcs. Where to start?

I wasn't sure how intense this arc was gonna be but god damn. I really had no idea. So first you got Whitebeard and a bunch other pirates go against the government and it was really hype. You got to see that Dolfingo or whatever he was called in action and others. The terminators show up once again and it was a real mess. I really loved how unpredictable this was and how big the scale was.

But then Luffy shows up and it gets even crazier. They just fall from the sky and start wrecking shit which made the war get even crazier. And of course a lot of stuff happen and Luffy rescues Ace. And man... what happened with Ace was truely depressing especially after you read the backstory after this. A bunch of revelations happen that was shocking with the biggest being Ace being Roger's son. He had a really rough life... Most of the arc you are cheering for Luffy to get to Ace and he actually does! But then that trash man with the cap talks shit and Ace stubbornly goes to kick his ass and dies... In a series which had very little big death he just dies. And it hurt. Luffy's break down was heartbreaking not gonna lie. And later on Whitebeard dies right after him... Oda got bloodthirsty here. I did like his death. He died like a boss.

Other stuff happen like Blackbeard sucking Whitebeards fruit somehow (fuck this guy seriously. such trash), Shanks showing up!!! was such a crazy moment. Then Law showing up with his submarines.

Speaking of, Jinbei was introduced last arc and I really like this guy. I always wanted to explore more of the fishmen's story and it seems we are gonna see more of him soon. I know certain things about him that was spoiled which has me really hyped for that. His ability seems very interesting and I would love to see more of him and the fishmen.

Not sure what to call these so this will do.

The backstory of Luffy and Ace was kinda weird. Not the arc itself but the place it was put in. Felt like Oda wasn't sure where to put it so he did it after. Anyways, it was another great arc that hints at future things and adds more fuel for hate toward the "nobles". Here we saw Luffy and Ace meet and become brothers like how we saw them before. What is interesting tho is they have a third brother. Sabo. A son of a mayor who hates the rich life style and their racism/hate towards the poor. While you could say he had it better than the "trash people", he still had it very rough as well with his awful parents judging him and his stupid brother that I hope gets punched sometime in the future. In the other words, he is a pure boy that needs to be protected and hopefully returns sometime cause I really like him.

The burning part of the arc was really painful. I hate rich people fucking over the poor so to see them go unpinished like that... those bastards. Not only that, they even did it multiple times it seems whenever the trash they throw builds up and gets too big. Worst part? Nobody cares that they are potentially killing people. That's how low they look at them. Bastards the lot of them.

Overall a very sad but necessary arc and I really liked it. The part with Garp and Ace/Luffy's mother was really sad and I felt her frustration.

I knew this was coming and I wasn't sure what to think as a lot of people seem to dislike the manga after this. Anyways I liked the reunions of the characters and seeing what changed and the different designs of the characters. Zoro in particular is interesting as he seems to have lost his eye? Not sure if I missed this or not but I found it strange no one mentioned it. Apart from that the characters look like what I would expect although I found Robin's outfit very different from her usual outfits. She looks like she was going to the beach or something though she pulls it off. Another one I gotta mention is Sanji. He seriously sucks. He got even worse and I am not sure why Oda did what he did. Its just mean and unfunny.

Oda somehow cursed us with some of the ugliest characters in the series yet. I found it amusing how Chopper thought they were the actual straw hats lol, his naivety is cute. The fake Strawhats looked really rough but they don't compare to Caribou. God damn what an ugly son of a bitch that was. So freaking ugly. And it seems he is coming to fish island too... please go away man.

I am now halfway through Fishman Island. This arc is really cool so far. Tiger 😥
I feel like it's only one or 2 arcs people don't like after timeskip, and it really depends. Personally I like all the arcs after time skip.

Nice to see you're catching up fast. I agree about hte flashback part, it's good, just felt really weirdly placed.

Also another Bon Clay fan has been born. Today is a good day.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it's only one or 2 arcs people don't like after timeskip, and it really depends. Personally I like all the arcs after time skip.

Nice to see you're catching up fast. I agree about hte flashback part, it's good, just felt really weirdly placed.

Also another Bon Clay fan has been born. Today is a good day.
Good to hear!

And yes Bon is goat. I miss him 😢

PDXJon

Nov 25, 2017
Not much to say about this arc other than that this story was done before in other media but I really loved the way Luffy was mixed in. The backstory of Hancock and the rest of the amazons was cool and only fuled my hatred for the slavers and Celestial Dragons.

That being said, wtf is up with Hancock kicking animals? Not gonna lie, that aspect of her character made me dislike her for a while.

I always love prisons in media and this was a really cool prison story. Luffy going into the prison and meeting his former enemies (Buggy hell yes!) and others like Crocodile and Bon. I really liked this team up. It made the next arc even cooler and more intense.

The interactions between Luffy and his former enemies were great and as fun as I would have thought. Especially Buggy and his way of fooling his followers lol

The way the prison was structured was interesting. I am guessing Oda took inspiration from hell which is very fitting and fits really well with the crazy world of one peace. I really liked the fights and the many crazy characters like the warden's ability which lead to a very emotional scene with Luffy later on.

The second half where they escape was even more intense. Luffy + his allies and hundreds of prisoners wrecking shit. Perfection. Then you had many characters show up from many different sides and it was great. All this while they are chasing after Ace desperately.

RIP Bon you were a homie :(

Another banger in a series of great arcs. Where to start?

I wasn't sure how intense this arc was gonna be but god damn. I really had no idea. So first you got Whitebeard and a bunch other pirates go against the government and it was really hype. You got to see that Dolfingo or whatever he was called in action and others. The terminators show up once again and it was a real mess. I really loved how unpredictable this was and how big the scale was.

But then Luffy shows up and it gets even crazier. They just fall from the sky and start wrecking shit which made the war get even crazier. And of course a lot of stuff happen and Luffy rescues Ace. And man... what happened with Ace was truely depressing especially after you read the backstory after this. A bunch of revelations happen that was shocking with the biggest being Ace being Roger's son. He had a really rough life... Most of the arc you are cheering for Luffy to get to Ace and he actually does! But then that trash man with the cap talks shit and Ace stubbornly goes to kick his ass and dies... In a series which had very little big death he just dies. And it hurt. Luffy's break down was heartbreaking not gonna lie. And later on Whitebeard dies right after him... Oda got bloodthirsty here. I did like his death. He died like a boss.

Other stuff happen like Blackbeard sucking Whitebeards fruit somehow (fuck this guy seriously. such trash), Shanks showing up!!! was such a crazy moment. Then Law showing up with his submarines.

Speaking of, Jinbei was introduced last arc and I really like this guy. I always wanted to explore more of the fishmen's story and it seems we are gonna see more of him soon. I know certain things about him that was spoiled which has me really hyped for that. His ability seems very interesting and I would love to see more of him and the fishmen.

Not sure what to call these so this will do.

The backstory of Luffy and Ace was kinda weird. Not the arc itself but the place it was put in. Felt like Oda wasn't sure where to put it so he did it after. Anyways, it was another great arc that hints at future things and adds more fuel for hate toward the "nobles". Here we saw Luffy and Ace meet and become brothers like how we saw them before. What is interesting tho is they have a third brother. Sabo. A son of a mayor who hates the rich life style and their racism/hate towards the poor. While you could say he had it better than the "trash people", he still had it very rough as well with his awful parents judging him and his stupid brother that I hope gets punched sometime in the future. In the other words, he is a pure boy that needs to be protected and hopefully returns sometime cause I really like him.

The burning part of the arc was really painful. I hate rich people fucking over the poor so to see them go unpinished like that... those bastards. Not only that, they even did it multiple times it seems whenever the trash they throw builds up and gets too big. Worst part? Nobody cares that they are potentially killing people. That's how low they look at them. Bastards the lot of them.

Overall a very sad but necessary arc and I really liked it. The part with Garp and Ace/Luffy's mother was really sad and I felt her frustration.

I knew this was coming and I wasn't sure what to think as a lot of people seem to dislike the manga after this. Anyways I liked the reunions of the characters and seeing what changed and the different designs of the characters. Zoro in particular is interesting as he seems to have lost his eye? Not sure if I missed this or not but I found it strange no one mentioned it. Apart from that the characters look like what I would expect although I found Robin's outfit very different from her usual outfits. She looks like she was going to the beach or something though she pulls it off. Another one I gotta mention is Sanji. He seriously sucks. He got even worse and I am not sure why Oda did what he did. Its just mean and unfunny.

Oda somehow cursed us with some of the ugliest characters in the series yet. I found it amusing how Chopper thought they were the actual straw hats lol, his naivety is cute. The fake Strawhats looked really rough but they don't compare to Caribou. God damn what an ugly son of a bitch that was. So freaking ugly. And it seems he is coming to fish island too... please go away man.

I am now halfway through Fishman Island. This arc is really cool so far. Tiger 😥

I'm right there with you! After trying to get into One Piece for a few years, I finally pushed past episode 15-20 and got hooked. Started a few months ago and am just now finishing up Fishman Island! It's now my favorite series and I'm trying to get my other friends who enjoy anime to watch through.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Btw idk if it wa smissed but regarding the "preparing the last arc/saga" bit, people assumed it would mean Saga and that it would be like the "yonko" saga.
On the official One Piece site there are now all sagas listed and they are akin to the arcs..

So that would put it in a "shorter" timeframe

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Btw idk if it wa smissed but regarding the "preparing the last arc/saga" bit, people assumed it would mean Saga and that it would be like the "yonko" saga.
On the official One Piece site there are now all sagas listed and they are akin to the arcs..

So that would put it in a "shorter" timeframe

It's best to not overthink it

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Oda can't help himself sometimes, he's gonna make this as long as he wants and for all we know that will be as long as the timeskip has been so far

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's best to not overthink it

Oda can't help himself sometimes, he's gonna make this as long as he wants and for all we know that will be as long as the timeskip has been so far
Oh yeah totally, just wanted to clarify it since there was some discussion about it.

I mean do we even know if the last part that he is preparing is the next arc? No right?
I would bet that the next 6 years are still full of One Piece

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
We're gonna be dealing with One Piece related content for the rest of our natural lives. Plus in our cyborg bodies for the next thousand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm right there with you! After trying to get into One Piece for a few years, I finally pushed past episode 15-20 and got hooked. Started a few months ago and am just now finishing up Fishman Island! It's now my favorite series and I'm trying to get my other friends who enjoy anime to watch through.
Nice

I started with the anime but it got too demanding of time and stuff so I switched to the Manga. Might do an anime run after catching up!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Took my sweet time with it, but I beat Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Game was pretty dang good, also the ending was anime af

May 4, 2022
We hope you all enjoyed this month's chapter of One Piece and the discussion topic. One Piece is the longest running Shonen Jump manga, and it shows no signs of slowing down as we near its twentieth year of serialization.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Somewhat bummed out but not the end of the world, I still have to play the new Kirby game and then I have to start Xenoblade 2 before I can start Xenoblade 3.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.