Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

98tT02E.png

8Doors: Arum's Afterlife Adventure
- Mentalist - Out April 8th

Arum is a girl who enters Purgatory in order to find the soul of her father who was killed in a mysterious attack that wiped out her village. She quickly finds herself drafted as a Junior Guardian of Death- an agent of the Celestial bureaucracy who must travel the interconnected world inspired by Korean folklore, face its many wraiths and monsters, acquire new abilities and unravel a plot to undermine king Yeomra himself. Based on the demo, the game is a pretty typical metroidvania, but the art style really sets it apart, and the setting should make for a pretty neat story. Plus you get a talking frog as a companion and can morph into a bigger version of him to move heavy obstacles. And did I mention that the frog has a hat?

Atelier Mysterious Trilogy Deluxe Pack
- Uzzy - Out April 22nd

The definitive edition of the Atelier "Mysterious" series at a new price, with brand new content and various DLCs!

Clan O'Conall and the Crown of the Stag
- Mentalist - Out April 28th

Trine, but Celtic. Take charge of 3 warrior siblings(a nimble archer, a refined swordsman, and a big guy who can punch rocks) and take on hordes of mooks as you take on the evil Mother of Demons to save your father and all of Hibernia. Alternate between characters on the fly to solve platforming puzzles, while enjoying the unique art-style inspired by old Celtic illustrations.

Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan
- Uzzy - Out April 27th

In the Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan expansion, you get new tools to centralize and accumulate power for your country. New diplomatic actions give you the means to go up against mightier counterparts and new economic tools will allow you to establish rich vassal empires that draw wealth and development to your monumental capital city. Leviathan also brings new improvements to other core areas of the game, such as colonies and regencies.

Lost Words: Beyond the Page
- Uzzy - Out April 6th on Steam

A rare Stadia exclusive, now on Steam. Lost Words is an atmospheric narrative adventure written by Rhianna Pratchett. Set between the pages of a diary and a fantasy story where you run on words and use them to interact with the world around you.

MotoGP21
- Uzzy - Out April 22nd

The latest instalment of the long running Moto GP franchise, promising even more realism and immersion.

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...
- Uzzy - Out April 23rd

A newly upgraded version of an overlooked classic, available for the first time on PC.
In a distant, distant future, humanity is on the brink of extinction.
A black scrawl disease and strange beasts threaten the world.
A young kindhearted boy makes a promise to his little sister.
A thousand-year lie that would live on for eternity...

This also has the English voice cast back, so you can listen to Laura Bailey violently swear at Liam O'Brien whenever you want, not just Thursdays.

Oddworld: Soulstorm
- Uzzy - Out April 6th on EGS

Abe's epic story explodes in this all new adventure
Oddworld: Soulstorm is an explosive action adventure game complete with crafting, scavenging, platforming, and sneaking. It's the story of an impossible flight against an opposing force that will use every means at their well-funded disposal, from propaganda to brutal force to deadly violence, to stop Abe and the uprising.

OUTRIDERS
- Uzzy - Out April 1st

OUTRIDERS is a 1-3 player co-op RPG shooter set in an original, dark and desperate sci-fi universe. As mankind bleeds out in the trenches of Enoch, you'll create your own Outrider and embark on a journey across the hostile planet.

With rich storytelling spanning a diverse world, you'll leave behind the slums and shanty towns of the First City and traverse forests, mountains and desert in the pursuit of a mysterious signal. Combining intense gunplay with violent powers and an arsenal of increasingly twisted weaponry and gear-sets, OUTRIDERS offers countless hours of gameplay from one of the finest shooter developers in the industry – People Can Fly.

R-Type Final 2
- Uzzy - Out April 30th

For the first time in nearly two decades, you can experience R-Type Final 2, now on PC! The legendary side-scroller is back and better than ever with beautifully rendered 3D graphics, exhilarating shoot-'em-up gameplay, and a multitude of stages, ships, and weapons that will allow you to conduct a symphony of destruction upon your foes.

SaGa Frontier Remastered
- Uzzy - Out April 15th

The beloved 1998 RPG Classic, SaGa Frontier, is reborn with improved graphics, additional features, and a new main character!

Experience this role-playing adventure as one of the eight heroes, each with their own storyline and goals. With the Free Scenario system, unfold your own unique journey.

Engage in dramatic battles, and use the Glimmer system to gain new skills and carry out combined attacks with your allies!

Shadow Man: Remastered
- Uzzy - Out April 15th

He is coming, stalking criminals in the spirit world and the real world. A possessed man is coming, a voodoo mask in his chest and lines of power in his back. Shadow Man is coming, trailing evil from Liveside to Deadside. To stop an apocalypse. To save your soul.

This remastered version of a 90s classic from Night Dive Studios will feature 4K widescreen and HDR support, new dynamic shadow mapping and per-pixel lighting, plus anti-aliasing and "other post-processing magic", as well as improving the AI, physics and controls.

Smelter
- Mentalist - Out April 22nd

Eve has been cast out of Eden and separated from Adam. As she escapes the fire and brimstone, she encounters a little demon called Smelter, who can act as a suit of armor for her. Smelter has his own designs to build an empire in the over-world; but to do this effectively, he needs Eve to brave multiple dungeons to provide him with rare materials he may need to build and extend his empire.
"Smelter" has been compared to Act Raiser, as you take turns expanding your base in real-time, managing resources to produce more soldiers and towers before sending Eve into another dungeon full of platforming challenges, bonus levels, boss fights, and opportunities to upgrade one of your 3 power suits with different traversal powers, for that little hint of Metroid. A mashup of a few genres, it all works surprisingly well---as you can check out yourself, since the demos are out on Steam and GOG. The platforming's pretty intuitive, but the challenge rooms can be frustrating- and I found myself spending a lot of hours on that demo to see everything, so I definitely feel the game deserves more attention.

Stellaris: Nemesis
- Uzzy - Out April 15th

Nemesis is an expansion to Stellaris in which the player will be able to determine the fate of a destabilizing galaxy. Adding espionage tools, a path to power as the Galactic Custodian to combat endgame crises - or the Menace option to BECOME the endgame crisis - Nemesis gives you the most powerful tools ever available in Stellaris.

Ultimately you will have to make the choice between chaos or control, to take charge of a galaxy spiralling into crisis. Will you find a way to take power through diplomacy or subterfuge, or will you watch the stars go out one by one?

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV
- Uzzy - Out April 9th

The long awaited finale to the epic engulfing a continent comes to a head in the final chapter of the Trails of Cold Steel saga! Boasting the largest roster in series history, heroes from all over seek to join the cause! The heroes of Class VII unite with Crossbell's Special Support Section and even the heroes of Liberl.

Total War: ROME REMASTERED
- Classy Tomato - Out April 29th

Return to Rome for the third time, and once again fight for or against the empire! Total War: Rome Remastered doesn't just wear a new coat of paint (ultra-widescreen and native UHD support!) but also adds various changes and quality-of-life. From an enhanced in-game camera and new tactical maps to new game mechanics, these changes and additions make the game fresh for returning players and not so daunting to newcomers.

The factions are also expanded to 38 playable factions (up from 22 factions), so you have plenty of choices to build or raze Rome with. And don't forget, if you already own the first game, you're eligible to purchase the Remaster for half price.

Now, how far will you go for Rome?

gK65o0a.png

Resident Evil 3
- Uzzy

So turns out that the Resident Evil 3 Classic Rebirth patch finally came out on April 1st. I've played with it a bit and it's a great way to experience this game and fill the icon Jill Valentine's boots in her last escape. Hopefully you can find a Sourcenext copy of this game and enjoy it, and maybe check out the rest of the series, brought back from the dead on PC.

Players making their last escape:

JIfmoDo.png

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut
- Uzzy

Well the Final Cut dropped late last month, and brought with it a few new achievements. So why don't you show your chops and get one of them from the political quest lines.

Detectives embracing politics (Get the Avowed Inframaterialist, Networthy Individual, Committee of la Responsabilité, Hardie's Heroes or, if you must, The Icebreaker achievement)

GxAoYEU.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales. There's a dedicated thread for that!
  • ONLY ANIME/J-ROCK/POP POSTS ALLOWED
  • Maybe try not to drive posters away for sharing their thoughts on video games, alright? If you're not wanting to purchase a game for any reason, and someone discusses it in entirely unrelated terms, you don't necessarily have to tell them that you're not going to purchase it for that reason. I know that's something I could do better myself. That's not to say you can't discuss that reason, of course, you just don't have to every time someone mentions a game in an unrelated context.

LfFWMTH.png

Xv7uIjB.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
And here it starts...

I played ShadowMan for the first time last year. The HD mod took away my guy's crosshairs, so the entire game was basically hard mode, as I was firing blind and praying to the Loa spirits of invisible lock-on targeting.

Still an amazing game, only other game I've played like it was the original Soul Reaver. PC really didn't get enough of these exploration collectathons back then.

Gonna be stoked to play the remaster.

There's also some Age of Empires news next week. I wonder if Microsoft are gonna bankroll even more Age of Kings expansions...

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't say hunter hunter in a sentence

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I would have been so mad if you used TLR Remastered instead.

It would've been good. And bad.

dummmyy

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, where the hell can i get Vin Diesel's Wheelman?!

oh uh...nice thread btw :)

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting the bloodborne link to take me.....to a more roll-worthy section of the interwebz, lol.

After all, no shields to block, only rolling and then more attacking!

edit: For realz tho, good to see the OG voices back for Nier, for some reason I'd have sworn I read that they weren't necessarily reprising, for whatever reason.

Kaine's swearing is....something that should be experienced by more folks.

Oct 25, 2017
Happy new month. May your RGB shine bright forever.

Dye your hair in RGB. How is such a thing possible? Nanomachines, son.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure we're going to get some incredible announcements today! Think I'm gonna stay up all night for them.

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017
Nice thread as always Uzzy

I think my month will be carrying on with Final Fantasy XIV (just finishing up the main Heavensward content) and Dorfromantik (this game is soooooooo good).

Although Smelter does sound tempting.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Another quieter month , for the backlog . Will try to Finish both Control's expansions, now with GRAPHICS .

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
This month will be Disco Elysium month for me.

Just played it for an hour last night, and so far, I'm loving it! Currently playing as an empathetic, smart detective in my first playthrough, and then as a tough as a boulder and dumb as a rock for the next one.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Hahahaha

Anyway, still on my usual: FFXIV and Mega Drive Collection. Also started BATTLETECH, too early for impressions.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
i am ready for Cold Steel 4
It feels like I've been waiting forever. I played 1-3 for the first time earlier this year (plus SC and 3rd).

Also, I wonder if atelier firis is a good game now. I bought it for vita and then PC and it's probably the first atelier game that I've hated.

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have a soft sport for R-Type. I played it on my gameboy on a lot of long car drives with my parents. So that's a maybe.

SaGa Frontier looks nice. I completely missed that generation of video games. I also missed Nier. I've always wanted to play it. Maybe this month is the time.

I still play co-op in Valheim, Spelunky 2 and Isaac. Idk if I find the time for anything else. And there is also an unfinished Elex sitting in my library and giving me a guilty conscience. I stopped when I had to fight a dozen or more Alb soldiers at the beginning of the ice world and they were constantly stun-locking me because there flame throwers are über powerful doom rocket launchers. Since the story is trash, I don't really feel to start this up again. Sorry for the spontaneous Elex rant.

Now you can explore the doomed city of Yharnam at a stunning 4k/60fps, if your mind (and PC) can handle the horrific truth of it.
No to both. 😞

Looking forward to 8Doors, although I had some gripes with the demo.
Didn't really get the hang of the combat. If you do a combo, you are stuck in it and are unable to avoid sudden attacks. That's fine for one enemy, since they get staggered. But with two or more (or boss fight) it felt somewhat unfair to me and you have to be careful to only do one hit at a time and don't trigger the combo.
The potions you have refill such a small amount of health, it seemed ridiculous.
Also controller support was completely broken for me; I needed to use Joy2Key in the end.
But I'm really digging the artstyle and overall atmosphere. Seems dark and yet super wholesome, with your frog companion. Animations are great, too.
And those skills you're going to unlock later seemed pretty neat in the trailer.

Also throwing an eye at Shadow Man. It caught my interest some years ago, but I wasn't sure enough to really pull the trigger. And then suddenly there were the news about a remaster, bringing it back into my memory. Now I'm curious for some impressions in the future.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
That tidal wave of emotions that ran through me in as I open the thread..
I saw the moon, and that hat. My mind started filling with doubts and confusion.
Had I missed the announcement.
What is going on.
I need to tell my friend.

I picked up my phone to make the call and there is was... Thursday, April 1st.

A lightning bolt blast through my very soul. My glasses fogged. My breath stopped.
I had been had.

I feel like I felt every emotion there is to feel in that split second.

Great job on the OT Uzzy

Raddy

Oct 25, 2017
Due to the Humankind delay, April was looking like a barren month so decided to take the plunge on Outriders to fill some time.

Also picked up the latest Binding of Issac DLC, but damn it's increased the difficulty more than I thought, some of the item balance doesn't feel quite right and the new areas are tough as nails. Not having as much fun as I hoped. Might wait out for a patch or two to see if much changes.

Oh and also started playing Total War: Three Kingdoms as well, enjoying that immensly. As a fan of the Dynasty Warriors games and story, I don't know why I didn't play it sooner.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Highlight thread will be up within a week's time

Just need to drag myself away from Dark Souls to get it done faster XD

Fuck those Two Archers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.