• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
image0.png

Damn,it's big! šŸ˜®

thanks for the pic where's the source for this?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that he got the analysis of Clank's lighting completely wrong.
He didn't spend enough time on it. In fact, i noticed in that video for the first time, that Ratchet is reflected in Clank, it's just the angle isn't quite right to see him most of the time. When his ear gets close to Clank's head, you can definitely see it reflected. Whether that's raytraced or screen space, I can't tell.

He also didn't mention Clank's own body reflected in his chin, which is far more obvious.

thanks for the pic where's the source for this?
Photoshop.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain

EDIT: Interesting it confirms BCprep is usable above RDO and Kraken and the compute power to tranform it to BC7 is low. the PS5 SSD is nowhere near 60-120 GB/s.

Last edited:

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I just found some dude's Warhammer minis in TLOU2. This is amazing.

PS: Jesus Druckmann, who hurt you šŸ˜­

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that he got the analysis of Clank's lighting completely wrong.
He also said at the beginning that people didn't like when he talks too much, which strange when he is reacting is the point of the show. I feel he gave into trying to be faster to appease some dumb internet people.

I'm sure if he didn't rush, hate saying fast and rush when making content, but you know what I mean, he might have noticed it. You can clearly see Clanks chest in his chin.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
image0.png

Damn,it's big! šŸ˜®
Average height of a Japanese male is 5' 7" or 170.18cm, using a measure tool in a photo editing app, I got 390.8 pixels for the guy in the middle.

The Console itself roughly measures 108.2 pixels height and 70.7 pixels width.

Converting these numbers to cm and inches and then rounding to the second decimal point I got

PS5 = 18.6in/47.12cm Height 12.1in/30.8cm Width

All this could be completely wrong if the guy holding the console isn't 5' 7" though lol. I think its fairly close though so maybe 18 x 12?

edit: this doesn't account for focal lens stuff which I know nothing about so who tf knows lol

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
new bread up

www.resetera.com

PlayStation 5 Pre-Release Technical Discussion |OT| OT

CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency) GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency) GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2 Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit Memory Bandwidth: 448GB/s Internal Storage: Custom 825GB SSD IO Throughput: 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s...

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel

EDIT: Interesting it confirms BCprep is usable above RDO and Kraken and the compute power to tranform it to BC7 is low. the PS5 SSD is nowhere near 60-120 GB/s.

Nice. We already know BCPrep works with RDO and Kraken. What's new is that now we know that in order to decompress it at ~10GB/s, you need ~2 CPU cores or ~8%-16% of the GPU. I wonder if it will be actually used, I mean, what developer would want to dedicate so much to decoding when they already have ~9GB/s data streaming in for "free"? I'm assuming games that don't tax the PS5 much in order to get the install to be smaller or just using it very sparsely?

Last edited:

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Nice. We already know BCPrep works with RDO and Kraken. What's new is that now we know that in order to decompress it at ~10GB/s, you need to dedicated ~2 CPU cores or ~8%-16% of the GPU. I wonder if it will be actually used, I mean, what developer would want to dedicate so much to decoding when they already have ~9GB/s data streaming in for "free"? I'm assuming games that don't tax the PS5 much in order to get the install to be smaller?

Maybe it will be used later with a better version of the shader. This is only a version 1.0 and the shader can be optimized a lot from what he said, maybe the second part of the gen when people will begin to fight for game size reduction.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
And you won't be able to plug in on the front, since the front USB-A port is for charging only.
I'd argue this dongle is reason to think that the port isn't charge only. AFAIK, that lightning symbol isn't a standard icon for "charge only port".

Nice. We already know BCPrep works with RDO and Kraken. What's new is that now we know that in order to decompress it at ~10GB/s, you need ~2 CPU cores or ~8%-16% of the GPU. I wonder if it will be actually used, I mean, what developer would want to dedicate so much to decoding when they already have ~9GB/s data streaming in for "free"? I'm assuming games that don't tax the PS5 much in order to get the install to be smaller or just using it very sparsely?
Is that on top of the decompressor that's supposedly equivalent to 9 zen2 cores?

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
And you won't be able to plug in on the front, since the front USB-A port is for charging only.

On the subject of dongles, there's no good standard wireless audio protocol yet, so a dongle is definitely for the better.
The lighting bolt symbol does not mean charge only, it just means it has standby power. It always has power when the device is on standby and or off. My Asus laptop has the same thing on one of the UBS ports but not all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.