RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That silver model is missing something

Mario_-_GBA_SP_Tribal_Ad.jpg
I'm sure someone on etsy could make this for you. ;)

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'll buy a RG35xxSP for my brother in law and set it up. He loved his GBA SP. Setting it up will be enough of an experience for me, really don't need another device lol.

shorodei

Feb 21, 2022
Couple new 4inch 1:1 720p handhelds coming over the next month or two. Unfortunately both have dpad on the bottom /facepalm

ZPG A1 Unicorn (Dimensity G99, Linux Android, ~$150)
Anbernic RG Cube (Unisoc T820, Android, ~$150).

Both have touchscreens and make decent DS devices.

Last edited:

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Couple new 4inch 1:1 720p handhelds coming over the next month or two. Unfortunately both have dpad on the bottom /facepalm

ZPG A1 Unicorn (Dimensity G99, Linux, ~$150)
Anbernic RG Cube (Unisoc T820, Android, ~$150).

Both have touchscreens and make decent DS devices.
They want a slice of that RGB30 pie, I guess, lol.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Looks/sounds like dome switches on the 35XXSP. That's great. Membranes suck, and the original SP used domes. I need this thing immediately.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like our clamshell is finally here.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=EmxBwA9Z1xam-1td&v=Y23PPkftXIY&

Sonehow the video didnt flatter the transparent models as I was hoping. The silver one it is then.
I want one of these. The only thing I'm not keen on is that the face button layout isn't great for GB/C/A games, it doesn't have the right button slant - the diamond shape doesn't work for those. I'd have to switch to using the Y button as B and the B button as A.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I want one of these. The only thing I'm not keen on is that the face button layout isn't great for GB/C/A games, it doesn't have the right button slant - the diamond shape doesn't work for those. I'd have to switch to using the Y button as B and the B button as A.

The sad thing is, early concepts had that layout but they didn't stick with it. It did look weird, but it would have been preferable to me.

KXiDEDC.jpeg

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
All the time. I solve it by making a wifi network from my phone and connect to that.
See, I tried that, but it still didn't work. Then I got frustrated and just set the thing down and haven't touched it for a week. I guess the issue is Batocera can't connect to wifi that's using WPA3. But it looks like there's an option to turn off WPA3 on iOS 16, so I'll give that a shot tonight. Fingers crossed that it works, because Batocera is really the only CFW I'm interested in using, and I definitely don't want to use stock. Garlic 2.0 can't come soon enough.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
See, I tried that, but it still didn't work. Then I got frustrated and just set the thing down and haven't touched it for a week. I guess the issue is Batocera can't connect to wifi that's using WPA3. But it looks like there's an option to turn off WPA3 on iOS 16, so I'll give that a shot tonight. Fingers crossed that it works, because Batocera is really the only CFW I'm interested in using, and I definitely don't want to use stock. Garlic 2.0 can't come soon enough.

You might already know this, but Batocera for the H has been renamed to Knulli (because the official Batocera devs aren't involved and were sick of getting support requests). So if you want the latest updates, switch to Knulli when it releases. No idea how long that'll take because I think it's just a single person working on it.

KNULLI Wiki

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
The sad thing is, early concepts had that layout but they didn't stick with it. It did look weird, but it would have been preferable to me.

KXiDEDC.jpeg
Oh nice. I feel like the buttons needed a heavier slant though, maybe it would've looked less weird. The diamond shape being standard now is fine but it isn't great for some older games.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
You might already know this, but Batocera for the H has been renamed to Knulli (because the official Batocera devs aren't involved and were sick of getting support requests). So if you want the latest updates, switch to Knulli when it releases. No idea how long that'll take because I think it's just a single person working on it.

KNULLI Wiki

I did not know this, thank you!

Karish

Oct 25, 2017

KNULLI Wiki

Still no release...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice. I feel like the buttons needed a heavier slant though, maybe it would've looked less weird. The diamond shape being standard now is fine but it isn't great for some older games.
This whole thing was a fun exercise to go through, seeing what people thought "looked weird" and given the layout on the original SP.

il_1140xN.1643427731_mu24.jpg

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

Yeah... there's a Discord link at the bottom of the page but it's expired. No idea what's happening with that project.

edit: here's an up-to-date link to their Discord

Join the Knulli Discord Server!

Check out the Knulli community on Discord - hang out with 2159 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

They say the first public version will be released in a few days. So that's good! TwntyOneTwlv maybe that'll fix your wifi woes. Or if not, that's the place you should report it to get it fixed.

Last edited:

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
This whole thing was a fun exercise to go through, seeing what people thought "looked weird" and given the layout on the original SP.

il_1140xN.1643427731_mu24.jpg
Hmmm…the slant looks more similar than I thought. I guess it just looked a bit weird with 4 buttons instead of 2 and we've moved to the diamond shape across the board.

RichieMythic

Oct 27, 2017
England, UK
Has anybody managed to get PS1 Policenauts running on the Miyoo Mini +? I've been trying for hours but just can't get this game to run, every other PSX game I've tried works perfectly. The closest I've come is getting the Konami logo + intro fav to play, but pressing any button results in an endless black screen.

Nov 23, 2023
Is there a reason these companies release so many of these so often? Are they cheap to make compared to "official" handhelds like the Switch and Steam Deck?

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Pretty sure the AYN device is a 3:2 screen instead of 16:9, so like a middle ground between typical widescreen and 4:3. Basically, black bars for everything except GBA. With that being the case, the joystick position is a non-starter for me, as I'd want the DPad front-and-center.

That Ayanea GB Micro clone is gonna cost $200+ because Ayaneo lol.

Jan 29, 2018
Is there a reason these companies release so many of these so often? Are they cheap to make compared to "official" handhelds like the Switch and Steam Deck?

Part of it has to be that they don't have a way to make money on software - they aren't platform holders. So once the initial wave of new device sales falls off they have introduce a new product to keep money coming in.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
Has anybody managed to get PS1 Policenauts running on the Miyoo Mini +? I've been trying for hours but just can't get this game to run, every other PSX game I've tried works perfectly. The closest I've come is getting the Konami logo + intro fav to play, but pressing any button results in an endless black screen.
I was having this issue until I turned off Disable SMC Checks, located in the core settings/speed hacks.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have to think they look at component inventory and see what is widely available/over stocked and possibly going for cheap.

To me that is why things seem to swing around so wildly when it comes to price and performance, they don't do the design on paper first, they shop around and find parts then figure out how to stick them together.

Last edited:

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

I put it on my Miyoo to test and the opening cinematic is playing right now.