• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DigitalT

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I'd love to see this in theaters again but that timing is really unfortunate. Wish they would have pushed it back into the middle of summer, then more people would get the chance to get the vaccine.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, can I convince my wife to go with me since we will have gotten our second shot before this?!?

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's interesting that they stuck with the April 30 date for this. You have to imagine that was chosen to take advantage of the gap between Mortal Kombat (Apri 16) and Black Widow's original May 7 release date. With Widow now delayed until July, it suddenly makes the start of May way more open - and yet this is still a one week event release.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I remember seeing an advanced screening, expecting nothing and walking out completely in love. I've watched it 20+ times since then.

One thing I'll never forget was in the advanced screening, they actually had an awkward family dinner scene with Knives' family. That scene never made it to the Blu-ray or anywhere since then that I've seen or heard of.

I wonder if it will ever surface again?

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Sold my cast and crew-signed blu of this about a year back.

Also, the film is 11 years old now. So a 10 year anniversary release is weird!

Oct 27, 2017
Is it wrong my wish for SP is that it gets the Army of Darkness treatment, where we get a version with all the deleted scenes woven in.

I remember watching them, asking why the fuck they'd take them out in the first place?

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Just hope we get a 4k bluray with dolby vision.

Hh22K6o.jpg

OP
OP
chairhome

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Just bought my tickets. I'm so excited. On a whim, my wife and I bought tickets to the midnight premiere of this movie. It has since become a favorite of my kids. Might dress up with some casual cosplay for this.

FatalT

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
After that Millennials gained weight thread where everyone was replying about LOSING weight, all I have to say is...

...bread makes you fat?

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do not go to a movie theater during a global pandemic. Basically Pandemic 101.

OP
OP
chairhome

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Okay, watching this in theaters tomorrow, been fully vaxxed since earlier this month and am excited to see this again in the theater. anyone go?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Going tonight, will be the first time my wife and I have been in a movie theater since the start of the pandemic (last movie we saw was Sonic, lol). We're partially vaccinated, but couldn't miss this.

Of course this release happens while the pandemic's still ongoing though. With it's initial box office run and now this, this poor film can't catch a break. I hope Universal has reasonable expectations here.

OP
OP
chairhome

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
This was amazing in Dolby Cinema. The picture was great but the sound was LOUD. Worked well for the many music scenes. And the seats were shaking during the fights too. Such a good experience if you can safely do it

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I sadly can't go watch this in theaters... but tonight I watched my old blu-ray copy to compensate (UHD when???)

I think watching Young Neil in the background of so many scenes is funnier than a lot of the movies that came out in the last few years.

Oct 27, 2017
I sadly can't go watch this in theaters... but tonight I watched my old blu-ray copy to compensate (UHD when???)

I think watching Young Neil in the background of so many scenes is funnier than a lot of the movies that came out in the last few years.
4k blu ray is coming out in June or July I think. This summer for sure. None of the theaters around me have it, but I'm excited to get the 4k disc soon. HDR is gonna make this movie pop.

OP
OP
chairhome

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando

4k blu ray is coming out in June or July I think. This summer for sure. None of the theaters around me have it, but I'm excited to get the 4k disc soon. HDR is gonna make this movie pop.
Looks like July 6.
www.blu-ray.com

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 4K Blu-ray (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital 4K)

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 4K Blu-ray Release Date July 6, 2021. Blu-ray reviews, news, specs, ratings, screenshots. Cheap Blu-ray movies and deals.

Can't wait, I've bought this probably 3 times already, down to buy it again.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like July 6.
www.blu-ray.com

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 4K Blu-ray (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital 4K)

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 4K Blu-ray Release Date July 6, 2021. Blu-ray reviews, news, specs, ratings, screenshots. Cheap Blu-ray movies and deals.

Can't wait, I've bought this probably 3 times already, down to buy it again.
I bought the regular blu ray a year ago, but it was only 5 bucks, no issue with buying it again. I love this movie and it deserves all the sales.

Expanded release
OP
OP
chairhome

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Great news from Edgar Wright on a recent IG live call:
- Universal was pleased with the turnout for the Dolby Cinema rerelease, they're expanding it to 500 theaters (from 150 AMC only), including non Dolby Cinema ones. Should be out for one more week.
- he teased an animated Scott Pilgrim something in the works previously, but on today's stream he said "Universal is always asking what we can do with Scott Pilgrim that is not an expensive sequel. We are looking into something that can expand on the story, but I don't want to say anything cause it might not happen."

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Awful timing for me. If it could go one more week I'd be totally in but not sure if I can make it next week :(

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic news! It was amazing in Dolby, first time in a Dolby Cinema actually. My favorite scene, the Katayanagi twins battle, was outstanding. Shook the theater.

Our theater was pretty empty tbh, I'd say probably around 15 people tops. But it seems as though Universal had reasonable expectations all things considered. It was also a Sunday night so that could have lessened the crowd a bit.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I may go and see it in Dolby this weekend as I'll be fully vaxed by this Sunday... I saw the original opening night so this would make a great return to theaters movie for me.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what the Canadian release looks like, if there is any, for theaters. Cos christ, filmed here, created by a Toronto native.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Despite the ending stuff that they obviously attempted to fix with reshoots, it's still a fantastic movie for 99% of it.

OP
OP
chairhome

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
^This. The disc version is going to have dolby vision too right?
Yes. This is what's listed on blu-ray.com for this disc

Video
Codec: HEVC / H.265
Resolution: Upscaled 4K (2160p)
HDR: Dolby Vision, HDR10
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
Original aspect ratio: 2.35:1, 1.85:1

Audio
English: Dolby Atmos
English: Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really loved the comics and I love Edgar Wright films so why do I think this movie isn't very good and doesn't really work

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Oh neat, we do have showings locally now, gonna try and catch one. Rag starting tomorrow and running all next week The Village Cinema in Meridian is showing this in the evenings.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
Oh neat, we do have showings locally now, gonna try and catch one. Rag starting tomorrow and running all next week The Village Cinema in Meridian is showing this in the evenings.
Oh nice! Sounds like I've got a date night in my future with the old ball and chain. The last thing I saw in theaters was The Invisible Man last year at The Village.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really loved the comics and I love Edgar Wright films so why do I think this movie isn't very good and doesn't really work
Michael Cera is generally just not that charismatic or relatable. Not a villain, but not really the sort of person audiences want to root for. Making someone with the "awkward ill-spoken nerd" persona the lynchpin of the production was probably not a great idea.

Last edited:

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Michael Cera is generally just not that charismatic or relatable. Not a villain, but not really the sort of person audiences want to root for. Making some with the "awkward ill-spoken nerd" persona the lynchpin of the production was probably not a great idea.
Yea the problem is Cera as he's the lynchpin of the movie and just doesn't work.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I caught the final showing in Dolby today -- this movie is way better than I remember it, probably because I only ever saw it on home video. In a theater with a 30' screen and a blaring soundsystem, it's much easier to appreciate the audio and the visuals. Cera still kinda sucks as a leading man, but all the supporting characters are really charming and fun.

I think it kinda drags towards the end -- they probably could have skipped a couple of the boyfriends, or at least combined some of them into a single character or single fight. The last battle against Gideon is probably really fun and thrilling on its own, but by that point I was so ready for the movie to end that it's hard to give it its due. Especially when the sequence plays out twice due to Scott's 1-UP.

Oct 28, 2017
Was the cast this obviously amazing when the movie came out or is this just in hindsight that it looks this ...AWESOME!

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was the cast this obviously amazing when the movie came out or is this just in hindsight that it looks this ...AWESOME!
As I watch watching it today it dawned on me that Scott Pilgrim is like the Dazed & Confused of its generation, in that it managed to feature or showcase a bunch of talented young actors who would become really huge later on down the line. And also like Dazed & Confused, the ostensible "leading man" has kinda slipped into obscurity.