golguin

Oct 29, 2017
I bought google. It looked like the best deal for a bounce back in a few weeks. Not sure about the rest of the Big 7.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I kinda wanted another red day so I could put feel good about putting some cash into the market. Selling cash secured puts against S&P instead though.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
SOFI found my stop loss. Too many shorts hovering around that stock for it to run right now without a gamma squeeze.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I was hoping for AMZN to be red today so I could sell a CSP. The more green it is today, the less confident I am it will be green tomorrow.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Earnings week isn't over yet. Still time for Amazon, Apple and/or Meta to disappoint and drag down the whole market...

Marz

Oct 30, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCuz-y1n6rk

Seems reasonable if you're going long (and that's not too large a portion of your portfolio, I have no idea). I think they'll be growing for a while. I was just trying to flip the thing.

Yea it will be a long term position. About 5% of my overall portfolio so a little more than I'm usually comfortable with but nothing too serious, I don't think the stock would ever dip below 5 bucks again.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
SOFI found my stop loss. Too many shorts hovering around that stock for it to run right now without a gamma squeeze.
Stock is clearing being manipulated by traders (mainly analysts from financial firms aiming to please their daddy bosses by giving nonsensical downgrades to deliver on whatever their bosses short positions). I think volatility will go down over time as more institutions/funds pick up shares their profitability steadily increases.

The big banks don't like them taking any business away and they have the resources to fuck with SoFi's stock price. You don't see this kind of activity against Ally Financial (and this company isn't growing as fast). Therefore they might see SoFi as a future threat than a bank like Ally.

I also think that banking customers may actually tend to be sticky, even if it's with online banks. If you're always offering competitive rates and all these other services in one package a person is a more likely to stay and move their cash around those services (student loan, savings, invest platform, retirement, alternative investments/IPO). I think it's probably a limited amount of people who yield chase.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
SMCI just keeps going and going. It was on my list of potential stocks to pickup back in 2020 but I passed on it for some reason. ;_;

It's rather ridiculous. For the growth its experiencing though, I don't even think its overvalued tbh.

Fortunate problem to have, but I regret getting 50 shares not 100.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Just before close, I sold an OTM AMZN put and OTM AAPL call. Unless Apple soars, that should be $200 profit tomorrow morning.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes Meta. Just wish I had bought more all last year. Chickened out.

Watch Apple beat expectations. Feel like it's already been beaten down for iPhone.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Meta going crazy after-hours, Amazon pleasantly up as well.

Apple is going to drop a decent amount but no surprise there.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
QQQ's up 0.8%.

Apple has that strong support at $180 and the options market wasn't expecting it to drop below there.

It's interesting to see the algos at work. Apple instantly up $3, then within 7 minutes it was down $10 from there.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So that analysts supply chain report was very accurate then?

I lol'd at some article yesterday saying that report was priced in... because it had been a day since that report came out.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like like a bad apple day but great Meta and Amazon day so it's all good. I wish Google would keep dropping.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
RIP March rate cut.

The US economy added a blockbuster 353,000 jobs in January, far exceeding expectations of 180,000. This is a really healthy economy. (December jobs revised up to 333,000)

Unemployment rate: 3.7%

Wage growth: 4.5% in past year —>far ahead of 3.4% inflation

less

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. The economy just keeps trucking along. At this rate we can say goodbye to the May rate cut.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
RIP March rate cut.

The US economy added a blockbuster 353,000 jobs in January, far exceeding expectations of 180,000. This is a really healthy economy. (December jobs revised up to 333,000)

Unemployment rate: 3.7%

Wage growth: 4.5% in past year —>far ahead of 3.4% inflation
US Economy on beast mode.

8egtzy.jpg