OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
$180 putting in work as expected. I closed out yesterday afternoons OTM options in Amazon and Apple for one or two cents each, down nearly 99% from when I sold them.

I looked up Apple's 10-Q. Last quarter compared to year before, revenue and net income both up about 10%, EPS up about 15% (buybacks boosting that as usual I expect), stock price up 25%.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Jesus NVDA at 650? What happens if they crush earnings again? 700? At what point do we start talking about a split?

Oct 28, 2017
US Economy on beast mode.

8egtzy.jpg
damn

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
eh i said the zuckerberg's PS home with nerd goggles will fail. and it did

they dumped that and focused back on their social psyops and the company is back on path

so technically i was right

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Looking at some of the older posts in this thread regarding Meta are good for a laugh right now. ;_;
How about these clowns, in Oct 2022? Up 4x since then :-) Speaking for myself, I don't use FB or Insta, so I don't feel like I understand the biz at all, so I've never touched it.

It was almost exactly a year ago to the day that FB renamed themselves to Meta. It was $326 then. $115 now. I still have no interest in it.

Meta still being a 300 billion dollar company makes me think the market is still massively bloated.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting. I have noticed that META is rarely bought up in this thread which is surprising to me even with how this place leans. Fundamentally, it's by the most discounted stock based on earnings relative to it's stock price and FCF, but it also has the most headwinds against it that would hurt it's business (privacy, regulation/ESG, competition, etc).

If most of us don't own individual shares in it (I do not), it's going to be wild if Zuckerberg wins and it has a massive recovery led by its metaverse ambitions. Not investing in it wouldn't actually annoy me if this happened.

I would be more annoyed if TSMC ends up pulling off gains over the next few years.I 've been badly wanting to get in, but I'm too worried about China coming into ruin the party.
Lol had to go find this post because I knew I said something about how META was one of the most discounted tech stocks last year. It was around $160 a share at the time of this post and dipped as low as $90 later that year.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Rate cut forecasts are indeed coming down.

March now at 21.5%, about half what it was a few days ago. May at 73% for at least one cut. The average expectation by December is five cuts.

Basically, the perma-bullishness about rate cuts just moved back by two months from before.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Rate cut forecasts are indeed coming down.

March now at 21.5%, about half what it was a few days ago. May at 73% for at least one cut. The average expectation by December is five cuts.

Basically, the perma-bullishness about rate cuts just moved back by two months from before.

May sounds about right for a cut, unless you think the projected 3 cuts will be back to back to back. Obviously 5 seems incredibly unlikely. I see a world where 4 happens, though.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I should have picked up investing 10 years earlier. I have 20 individual stocks and 18 are green since I owned them. Only Disney which I bought during Covid and Kimberly Clark are barley red...I'm really lucky or smart investor 🤷🏻‍♂️😀

Last edited:

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
100 apple bought today @185, sold 190 calls for 100$ premium. plan to roll weekly
100 google collected @ 141, sold 145 calls for 70$ premium. plan to roll until it hits 150 then i'm out
100 tesla still going rollin rollin rollin
i have ARM in my radar incase there's a big drop but shits so expensive

i'm done for earnings season. happy with google's cost basis, wish i could've gotten apple cheaper

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Nvidia sets monthly record with unprecedented market value surge in January

Feb 2 (Reuters) - NVIDIA Corp experienced a record-breaking surge in market value in January, the largest monthly increase ever, driven by heightened optimism around artificial intelligence (AI), positive analyst projections, and the company's announcement of expanded AI offerings.

The world's most valuable chipmaker saw its market value expand by an unprecedented $296.52 billion to about $1.52 trillion, surpassing its previous high of $248.23 billion in gains seen in May 2023.

chart.png

chart.png

Shadout

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
If there is, it will be manufactured by Tesla, run on Nvidia TRX hardware, with Microsoft Copilot navigating the dangers of multiverse timestreams, and delivered to your doorstep by Amazon flying drones, so you might as well just get those first.

(Apple obviously has no part to play in this future timeline, after they were crushed by Microsoft back in the year 2024)

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Yea it will be a long term position. About 5% of my overall portfolio so a little more than I'm usually comfortable with but nothing too serious, I don't think the stock would ever dip below 5 bucks again.
Sorry for the late reply but I was just thinking about it. General advice, not for this particular stock per se. I'd recommend scaling into the position rather than going all in at once. Buy 333 shares now, 333 more in a month, 334 more in another month, sort of thing. Or a monthly $1,000 buy. Something like that. It keeps you more flexible and safer from a sudden drop in value.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at that list, I'm thinking about yolo'ing some ELF calls. Maybe playing PLTR and PYPL. Guess I better get looking at some option chains.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure that will move any needle. March rate cuts not happening should be "priced in' at this point.