Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2019
For a person that was quite apathetic when Terry was announced (I didn't understand SNK's real impact or reach at the time), I've become excited in the month following his announcement due to just learning more and seeing more about him. Im sure part of that is just acceptance with Smash like always, but I've just genuinely had a change of heart about him and I want to play him now haha. I hope they go for a blowout at this point with a full Smash Direct.

Then again, I have loads of The Outer Worlds to play and Luigi's Mansion 3 isn't one thing I'll be picking up today too, so I can wait for a while if I need to haha.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I know this is a joke, but if you want an actual explanation for that:

the "Buy the Game" pages are different for each version of the Ultimate site (Japanese page is very different from the US page, for example); whereas the rest of the site uses the same layout, just in different languages. That DLC page being updated is an entirely independent process from updating the rest of the site; so while that end is getting prepared for more DLC, the more "official" side of the site won't see any changes until that content is actually here.
I actually wasn't joking

Just updating the DLC page makes me wonder if someone was reading Reddit, since the blurry Banjo/Terry renders were brought up there a few days ago lol

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So if Terry is coming this week, we'll probably either get an announcement this morning for a showcase/release tomorrow, or a stealth drop tonight, like Joker. Right? Seems like a stretch but I suppose it's possible.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
About the Kos Mos thing with the knife, it's not even just from a spin off. In Project X Zone, they actually adapted that "iconic" scene from Xenosaga 3.

Let's not act like if Kos Mos isn't an overly sexualised character in the original games. In some costumes she's almost naked lol

Her Xenoblade 2 redesign was fire tho.

Ok what the fuck...like how y'all pretended it was just a spinoff thing.

Kos-Mos is cancelled now.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So if Terry is coming this week, we'll probably either get an announcement this morning for a showcase/release tomorrow, or a stealth drop tonight, like Joker. Right? Seems like a stretch but I suppose it's possible.

People will be keeping their eyes on Nintendo's Twitter account like hawks, lol.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Isn't 10 a.m. eastern time the typical "magic time" that Nintendo announces video presentations? I know they've done stealth drops and whatnot in the past, but I'm kind of hoping they are merciful and give us some advanced warning, lol.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
About the Kos Mos thing with the knife, it's not even just from a spin off. In Project X Zone, they actually adapted that "iconic" scene from Xenosaga 3.

Let's not act like if Kos Mos isn't an overly sexualised character in the original games. In some costumes she's almost naked lol

Her Xenoblade 2 redesign was fire tho.

This is too funny to get upset about. Put it in Smash y'all, I dare you.

soyperson

May 8, 2019
appalachia
If he's releasing within the next couple of days, the release will definitely be tomorrow, rather than today. I figure they'll do another live-stream style announcement video, as that seems to be a recurring theme.
Either way, we'll find out soon, because it's nearly 10 EST, which is the time when Nintendo usually mounts announcements.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Guess you'll just have to stan for Haruka Amami as your wholesome Bamco golden girl. What a shame.

Feb 5, 2018
The only thing peculiar is the SNK copyright for the spirit event. We've never gotten an instance where content not in the game was copyrighted first. However i still have my doubts about him coming tnrw just because timing with Luigi's mansion 3 makes no sense.

Then again, i dont think it really matters

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So terry for tomorrow and hint towards "blade" hayabusa in the trailer. I like this. Wait what if blade is Dante? Or vergil? Or Leon with a Knife and japanesse people are calling it a blade? Or better yet SORA with its keyBLADE? OR MARVEL'S BLADE (YAY A BLACK CHARACTER)

FUCK I AM LOSING IT SAKURAI HELP ME!!!

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jokes on you, I never cared about "wholesome" as a metric for character inclusions in Smash

It's an unfortunately tall order for most heroines from Japanese games. Even if their initial appearance doesn't do anything suggestive with them there'll end up being some promotional item, sequel, or what-have-you that will throw something in there.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
It's 10 a.m. eastern time the typical "magic time" that Nintendo announces video presentations? I know they've done stealth drops and whatnot in the past, but I'm kind of hoping they are merciful and give us some advanced warning, lol.
10:00 am est is the usual time for Direct announcements, but both Joker and Hero's overviews were announced (and released, in the case of Joker) at 9:00 pm est instead. So if Terry is out this week and Nintendo sticks to the same announcement schedule as Joker and Hero, we have around another eleven-ish hours to go before any announcement.

And if they aren't planning on releasing the overview at the same time like they did with Joker, Terry probably isn't this week.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So what's this Blade story about and why do people assume it's a fighter codename? Or are we just bored? Can I dig out my Wesley Snipes gifs? Or are we in Mahershala Ali mode?

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
So terry for tomorrow and hint towards "blade" hayabusa in the trailer. I like this. Wait what if blade is Dante? Or vergil? Or Leon with a Knife and japanesse people are calling it a blade? Or better yet SORA with its keyBLADE? OR MARVEL'S BLADE (YAY A BLACK CHARACTER)

FUCK I AM LOSING IT SAKURAI HELP ME!!!

Isn't "blade" just referring to the blades the character portraits are sitting on in the DLC lineup graphic? You know, like blade UI design (most famous in its implementation in the OG Xbox 360 OS).

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So what's this Blade story about and why do people assume it's a fighter codename? Or are we just bored? Can I dig out my Wesley Snipes gifs? Or are we in Mahershala Ali mode?

it's literally not a codename, but an html element seperating fighters on the DLC page. but people are thirsty.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem Three Houses is going to be the best selling game in the seires.

So I say we should get a character.

And it should be all three Lords. Byleth can be a Mii costume.

soyperson

May 8, 2019
appalachia
Fire Emblem Three Houses is going to be the best selling game in the seires.

So I say we should get a character.

And it should be all three Lords. Byleth can be a Mii costume.

I'd say that but opposite. Byleth as a character, with Mii Costumes for Edelgard (Brawler), Claude (Gunner), and Dimitri (Swordfighter).

Also, re: this "blade" conundrum. It's not a hint at anything, it's literally a webpage design element, you fools.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
JollyAdvancedAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
We're at 321 pages now. The madness of anticipation could push the thread over the edge before Terry does actually show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.