• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
https://gonintendo.com/stories/294775-resident-evil-revelations-1-2-resolution-framerate-motion-c
http://nintendoeverything.com/resid...-details-frame-rate-resolution-controls-more/

residentevilrevelatiorhk51.png

Go Nintendo has a summary, while Nintendo Everything has the full rundown in more detail.

- Revelations 1 and 2 are based on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions
- Joy-Con support with motion control and HD Rumble

- Joy-Con share play is only available in Revelations 2
- all DLC is already included from the start
- supports multiple languages in both voice and text
- local co-op
- Revelations features a 1080p resolution when playing on a television, and 720p resolution in portable mode
- Revelations is 60fps

- by holding ZL on the Joy-Con, you can aim your gun with the right Joy-Con's motion control
- use the left Joy-Con as a magazine to simulate a reloading motion
- other motion controls include slashing horizontally to simulate a knife attack, and swinging for a quick reload
- motion controls are optional and can be set to on or off from the options settings
- motion controls are not supported with the Pro Controller
- classic controls are also available
- HD Rumble allows for more detailed and complex vibrations, meaning new kinds of rumble not available in PS4/XB1 versions
- Revelations 2 also runs at 1080p when playing on a television
- Revelations 2 is not 60fps

- due to the fewer buttons available when sharing Joy-Con, the developers have said that it will have a unique control scheme

Say what you will about Capcom dropping the ball on support, but these look to be legit great efforts at the very least. Legit impressed so far.

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Now do RE4. Could easily be the definitive version if it's got all the graphics and the control scheme from the Wii version.

Then all they would need to do is add support for fish as a melee weapon, and it would be a perfect game, instead of just near perfect.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Now do the same with Resi 4.

Played Rev 1 on 3DS and didn't like it but have yet to play Rev 2. Will be playing on Switch if motion controls are well implemented. Loved RE4 on Wii.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
This is one of those Switch games that makes me happy I procrastinated on the previous versions. Will definitely get this on sale some day -- Capcom usually does those pretty well.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It genuinely surprises me that Revelations 2 isn't 60fps, that game was never really a looker.

Also just thought about how much of a missed opportunity it was that they couldn't have quickly ported in Mercs 3D as well, but that's maybe me being a bit greedy.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, so RE4 Wii Edition-style aiming is in, if I'm understanding things right? If so, that makes this a must buy, as I loved the original Revelations but missed out on RER2.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
By some strange reason, because i really love RE games in general, i skipped the revelation series completely, from 3DS to PC. I guess now is as best of a time as ever to jump in, especially if the motion controls are even remotely as good as RE4 Wii :o

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like extremely competent ports, that's great to hear. I'm definitely getting both since they're only $20 a pop.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
I've been shitting on Capcom's management for a while, but I'm still buying this since RER1 was one of my favourite 3DS titles and I've heard RER2 was pretty good.
Hopefully this test will be successful enough that Capcom decide to bring over mainline RE titles.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like the bare minimum we should expect for an enhanced 3DS game and a game that could be downported to Vita.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like the bare minimum we should expect for an enhanced 3DS game and a game that could be downported to Vita.

I mean, after 1080p 60fps and all of the new motion and rumble options what more could you possibly expect? It's not like the Switch can even output 4k...

I guess 60fps for Rev2 would be ideal but it still seems like a pretty competent port overall.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
About what I expected. Didn't think Rev 2 would manage 60 unless they offered a lower res
I still kind of hope they do, but I'm sure it'll be playable eitherway.

So RE:Revelations 1 running at the highest resolution and framerate that the Switch supports is the 'bare minimum'? Whatever.

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds decent, though I wonder why MHXX runs at 1080p 30fps (with frame pacing?) when Revelations is 60fps?

Motion controls for aiming, especially these kinds of games are great.
Not sure why the pro controller doesn't support it, tho

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
- motion controls are not supported with the Pro Controller
Well, this is just silly. I know gyro aim is a motion-based control, but it serves a completely different purpose from motion gesture shortcuts. To be honest, the Joycon comfort grip works fine for me, and I can't see myself buying a Pro Controller, but I still can't help but feel bad for those who own it. Seems like developer support for it so far has been mixed.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, after 1080p 60fps and all of the new motion and rumble options what more could you possibly expect? It's not like the Switch can even output 4k...

I guess 60fps for Rev2 would be ideal but it still seems like a pretty competent port overall.

Competent is the word. They shouldn't be commended for what's expected.

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Well, this is just silly. I know gyro aim is a motion-based control, but it serves a completely different purpose from motion gesture shortcuts. To be honest, the Joycon comfort grip works fine for me, and I can't see myself buying a Pro Controller, but I still can't help but feel bad for those who own it. Seems like developer support for it so far has been mixed.
Well if you use the left joycon to reload and the right joycon to aim, how would that work? This is mimicking the fantastic Wii controls for RE4 Wii, which I'm very happy about personally. Split Joycons 4 lyfe yo.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
These aren't Resi 4... but I've never played the second version, will probably go for that

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a good port. Keeping my preorder but probably won't actually play until like December lol

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Competent is the word. They shouldn't be commended for what's expected.

Well, when their only other port onto the system is not even localized I'll just be happy that they seem to have put at least a little bit of effort into this one. Call this a pleasant surprise I guess.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I know that shitting on Capcom is the hype thing right now, but it's more than just a barely decent port. They added gyro controls, HD rumble, joy-con share play, and retooled controls for single joy-con, all while trying to stick as close as possible to the PS4/One version. It's, for once, a good effort from Capcom.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now do RE4. Could easily be the definitive version if it's got all the graphics and the control scheme from the Wii version.

Then all they would need to do is add support for fish as a melee weapon, and it would be a perfect game, instead of just near perfect.

I thought 1:1 wii motion control style is not possible on Switch.

I mean Wii's RE4 control is perfect. If it is not the same in an eventual RE4 Switch port, Capcom shouldnt even bother.

On topic. Ill give Rev 2 a try. The first one was a very solid game in 3DS

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. These seem like good ports, so what's the issue?
While I'm skeptical it'll run at a locked 30 fps, I guess people are forgetting how Rev 2 ran on PS4, and instead focusing on the 'well it got ported to Vita'.

It was a game that couldn't stay north of 30 fps on PS4, so expecting the Switch version to run better than 1080p 30fps and calling that a bare minimum or 'expected' is a bit nuts if you ask me.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-resident-evil-revelations-2-face-off

Yes it stayed well above 30 fps on Xbox One... but again, why the hell would we expect a Switch game to run at the same resolution and framerate (or better) than the XO/PS4 versions?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
How would that be better than the PC version? RE4 doesn't seem like it'd be a portable friendly game to me anyway.

I'm curious, what makes something less portable friendly than something else? Ever since the Wii U I've wanted to play everything on a portable if possible.

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I thought 1:1 wii motion control style is not possible on Switch.

I mean Wii's RE4 control is perfect. If it is not the same in an eventual RE4 Switch port, Capcom shouldnt even bother.

On topic. Ill give Rev 2 a try. The first one was a very solid game in 3DS
Gyro aiming (as in BOTW or Splatoon 2) vs pointer aiming (as in RE:Wii) isn't really a significant difference.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I'll get Revelations 1. Hope the game is decent. I'm still upset that the console versions don't have the laser sight.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
RE4's progression is quite bite sized so it would fit perfectly fine in portable.