Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
had to turn the stream off, want to punch the monitor in hopes ajit pai feels it

kbear

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What was that vote for that just happened? Was that it? The guy put me to sleep.

Ok wow, yeah that's it. Fuck this.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I liked having internet. Now I won't be able to afford anything but email at best

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad that my ISP supports net neutrality.

Seriously, though... how the fuck can they just ignore all the backlash.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2 of the 5 on the voting panel were appointed under trump. Including ajit pai, the architect for net neutrality repeal.

Wasn't Pai also appointed by Obama, its just Trump put him as chairman?

He nominated Pai, because he had to nominate a Republican. Under the Obama administration, there were 3 democrats, and 2 republicans. That's how title ii was even enforced to begin with.

Because he was legally required to put Republicans in the FCC. There is literally a law requiring a certain ratio of party members.

It's law.

The FCC council is compromised of 2 democrats and 2 republicans, with the 5th member being appointed by the President.

Obama appointed Wheeler, Trump appointed Pai.

Obama's hands were tied by the law.

But did it have to be stooges he chose? The people he chose (exception of one) were all stooges for the companies and its from a brief read that one can find this out. They literally worked for and was paid by companies like Verizon. I just don't see why he couldn't of chosen anyone that isn't as conflicted. I feel that this is a stupid law considering they tend to vote party lines anyway.

Because Democrats are all about compromise and Republicans do not give a single fuck about working with anyone not in their back pocket.

Sounds about right.

Hope the lawsuits roll in.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But did it have to be stooges he chose? The people he chose (exception of one) were all stooges for the companies and its from a brief read that one can find this out. They literally worked for and was paid by companies like Verizon. I just don't see why he couldn't of chosen anyone that isn't as conflicted. I feel that this is a stupid law considering they tend to vote party lines anyway.

Name a Republican that isn't a corporate stooge. I'll wait.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
9ab.png

ZenTzen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not american, but as i understand it, congress still has a say in this, so theres still a chance for this to be stopped right.

So now this is the time for the people to keep hounding your representatives about this

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Wonder how this is going to effect mobile networks since this is all I use.

Live out in the country with only one ISP that is ridiculously overpriced and data capped to hell and back I'll never go back to them.

kbear

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Are you kidding, my dude? Is net neutrality not important enough to pay attention to a speech?

I've been watching and listening to the stream for a half hour -- that's more attention to net neutrality than 99% of the American public. The guy's voice eventually got me to zone out, sorry.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm not american, but as i understand it, congress still has a say in this, so theres still a chance for this to be stopped right.

So now this is the time for the people to keep hounding your representatives about this
My understanding is that Congress can overturn it by passing new laws governing ISPs. Until then, FCC controls the Net Neutrality rules, and given the state of the U.S. Congress right now I wouldn't hold my breath for them to swoop in and fix this unless there is even more of an outcry than there is right now.