Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Both WoW, and Overwatch were almost cancelled after years of development. Just saying sometimes the work/time is worth it.

Edit: I'm adding titans dev time to overwatch. Since without Titan there is no overwatch.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
Both WoW, and Overwatch were almost cancelled after years of development. Just saying sometimes the work/time is worth it.

Edit: I'm adding titans dev time to overwatch. Since without Titan there is no overwatch.

Good point, but also consider that if a project is cancelled, they don't purge all the work and assets already developed. Most of it may not see the light of day, ever, but some of that work may be picked up in the future for other projects. Like it happened for Titan to Overwatch.

froday

Jul 29, 2018
This quote from the Bloomberg article really gets under my skin, "In a statement, Blizzard spokesman Andrew Reynolds said the game's development had ended "as part of a focus on projects that hold the most promise for future growth". That just sounds like such a bullshit reasoning. What does a mega corp know about the future growth of gaming? Its always been developers coming up with something new and novel that has generated all the cash. Maybe im too nostalgic for how things used to be. I know this isn't true, because good things still come out all the time, but I'm just going to vent some frustrations. Videogames fucking suck now. The current media landscape is such a money suck nightmare that it has ruined games too.

anyways, We used to make things in this country