• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Does Black Clover usually do these "Clover Clips" or have next episode previews? I feel like the last time I actually paid attention to this show these elements weren't here/were cut.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Not entirely sure why we got the jokey little cutaway gag at the end there tonight, but okay.

Anyway, night y'all. Take it easy.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
They probably needed to fill time so they showed those. They normally don't show next episode bits on shows.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
They just want to get referenced in Splatoon 3 like how Wicked was referenced in Splatoon 2:
bZ21iYQ.jpg

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
They wanted it to look like light filtering in through the trees, but instead it looked like Naruto, Jiraiya, and everything around them were covered in bird shit

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
I just had one of the worst days of my life. So much so that I had to miss all Toonami. See ya next week, ToonamiEra.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

12:30 - My Hero Academia - 92 - Make It Happen, Shinso!
12:30 - Dr. Stone: Stone Wars - 3 - Call from the Dead
1:00 - Food Wars!: The Third Plate - 14 - The Totsuki Train Heads Forth
1:30 - The Promised Neverland (2021) - 8 - Episode 8
2:00 - Black Clover - 152 - To Tomorrow!
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 343 - Who Are You?
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 63 - From One Hand to Another
3:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 117 - Showdown of Love! The Androids vs the 2nd Universe!

Later.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
ViQrIzE.jpg

Episode 246 "Tsukasa Wars"
In this week's episode Grexeno, ckohler, and Chugg discuss MHA's meta-powers, the Stone Wars beginning, dramatic spotlights on cooking, what demon tastes like, Gordon's creepy dolls, and Orochimaru's return.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:01:16 What We're Watching/Playing/Reading
0:11:51 My Hero Academia
0:23:23 Dr. Stone
0:35:42 Food Wars
0:42:23 The Promised Neverland
0:50:24 Black Clover
0:54:39 Naruto Shippuden
1:00:15 Weekly Episode Ranking
1:03:55 Closing and Sign offs

Visit the website:

Subscribe in your favorite podcast app using this address:

Comments on Podcast:
  • There might be contractual obligations that force "recap episodes" rather than have nothing air in that slot for a week on Japanese TV.
  • I've never read the TPN manga but isn't this material that this episode covered, even if canon, about where a lot of people felt the manga was going downhill? I feel a lot of the issues are from the adaptation but some of them seem endemic to the actual manga?
  • TBH JP Manga artists referencing "Journey to the West" isn't any different than Western artists referencing Tolkien and other seminal English works. It's all a part of the normal creative cultural process so as long as the final product is good it doesn't seem like much of an issue that creators keep dipping into famous works for inspiration.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Comments on Podcast:
  • There might be contractual obligations that force "recap episodes" rather than have nothing air in that slot for a week on Japanese TV.
  • I've never read the TPN manga but isn't this material that this episode covered, even if canon, about where a lot of people felt the manga was going downhill? I feel a lot of the issues are from the adaptation but some of them seem endemic to the actual manga?
  • TBH JP Manga artists referencing "Journey to the West" isn't any different than Western artists referencing Tolkien and other seminal English works. It's all a part of the normal creative cultural process so as long as the final product is good it doesn't seem like much of an issue that creators keep dipping into famous works for inspiration.
TPN manga was a slow decline after the first arc, but this is the stuff that fully cemented it, yeah. The manga already had an issue where a lot of these developments felt unearned without enough build up, so it's even worse when you remove any sort of build up that was there lol.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
So a lot of alien discussion lately.

Now I don't wanna give the impression that I believe in either....

...but what is the contingency if Aliens and Ghost team up against us?

Will the hack frauds at Ghost Adventures be able to contain the ghosts while the military handles the aliens?

GA_s18v24_404x228.jpg

(Ghost Adventures has 24 seasons btw, and multiple spin-offs.)

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since this also sometimes doubles as an Adult Swim thread: I just watched the Robot Chicken Archie comics special. AMA.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
i can't believe lupin is gonna travel to florida for part 6

insert another jojo part 6 reference here

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
don't follow this thread super hard so maybe it was already announced in here but.

comments say toonami said it would be june 19th but funimation is saying june 12th in that.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
don't follow this thread super hard so maybe it was already announced in here but.

comments say toonami said it would be june 19th but funimation is saying june 12th in that.

I think it's just because Super is moving to the back and everything else is moving up

Status
Not open for further replies.