• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It won't be for terribly long, BC is only up to... 147 as of Sunday, which added a new episode. 141 was this week's episode, and they've been dubbing about one every three weeks, which would only get them to 149 or so.

YbLT0k5.gif

They gotta push past their limits.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
As mentioned, the first three episodes of TPN season 2 are legit good. It's only after that point where things get complicated.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Funimation is all hands on deck working on AoT and then finishing FF, if they haven't managed that yet.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
MHA also comes back in under a month so I'm sure that's going to be prioritized as well

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine once Attack on Titan or Fire Force are done (the latter only having two episodes left), they'll laser focus on My Hero Academia Season 5. That's coming next month.

Along with the massive undertaking of dubbing One Piece.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine once Attack on Titan or Fire Force are done (the latter only having two episodes left), they'll laser focus on My Hero Academia Season 5. That's coming next month.

Along with the massive undertaking of dubbing One Piece.
As far as I can tell they still have recorded stuff left to finish. It seems like they really did spend 2018-2019 recording One Piece and they've been putting it together. It's got the biggest cast of any of these shows and doing sessions would be extremely difficult but its also been their most consistently released show last year and they just announced another batch of Dressrosa episodes. We've had people talking about recording stuff from Dressrosa from 2018 and 2019, with one saying they were doing scenes and characters that didn't show up until almost halfway through!

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
www.siliconera.com

10 More Free Play at Home PS4 Games Will Be Given Away in March

Sony announced the next round of free Play at Home PS4 games, which will include Horizon Zero Dawn, Rez Infinite, and three PSVR titles.

Even if you don't have PSVR you should likely snag those games too. Astrobot and moss are great and thumper and Rez are nice in VR.

The PS5 will be getting an improved VR headset that might appeal to you after it releases even if VR doesn't appeal to you right now :P
Sony still hasn't sent me their PS5 adapter.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Either that or DavidPro plans to animate more TSKR stories.
I.e. Rohan at the Louvre. Also considering the weird episode numbering, that's totally possible.

Imagine if they somehow DON'T announce Part 6 at this
Oh god, it's almost 2 weeks away. I keep forgetting this is happening. Pleeaaassseeee confirm the anime is airing this year. Hell, have Viz simuldub it, I know it won't happen but man, I just want to finally have more Jojo to watch again.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I.e. Rohan at the Louvre. Also considering the weird episode numbering, that's totally possible.

Oh god, it's almost 2 weeks away. I keep forgetting this is happening. Pleeaaassseeee confirm the anime is airing this year. Hell, have Viz simuldub it, I know it won't happen but man, I just want to finally have more Jojo to watch again.
We could all use some more JoJo in our lives right now.

Oct 25, 2017
It won't be for terribly long, BC is only up to... 147 as of Sunday, which added a new episode. 141 was this week's episode, and they've been dubbing about one every three weeks, which would only get them to 149 or so.

YbLT0k5.gif

They gotta push past their limits.
I keep forgetting that Black Clover exists. It feels like something that was cancelled ages ago.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe someday we'll catch up with the Manga and have it be like One Piece where a chapter is an episode.

*shudders*

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
KebLSoW.jpg

Episode 237 "Vaguely Sinister Transatlantic Accent"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, Seda and Chugg discuss Hange unhinged, smelly girl's cooking, Nataku's bad day, if Yuno is a better Sasuke, how good Gridman is, and Naruto's DARPA.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:00:53 What we're watching/playing
0:04:18 Attack on Titan
0:13:23 Food Wars
0:19:40 Fire Force
0:26:46 Black Clover
0:30:53 SSSS: Gridman
0:39:14 Naruto Shippuden
0:46:30 Weekly Episode Ranking
0:48:41 Sign offs

Visit the website:

Subscribe in your favorite podcast app using this address:

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ViNRZFnB58&t=2002s

Nolan North and Phil Lamarr talk about voice acting, specifically casting minorities. I feel like this isn't super duper great (Nolan feels a tiny bit dismissive at times to me) but Phil basically makes the correct points, which is effectively that 9/10 actors of color break into the industry with a character matching their ethnicity, which is a smaller set of characters to begin with. It's all about opportunity and casting white people for minority roles is robbing the small amount of opportunity from people who need it more, etc

there's also a more , let's say, common practices issue mentioned where a white actor is cast for a certain role, but it's common for the actor to voice a few lines from additional characters too (like, extras, unnamed characters, etc). Rather than going out and getting additional actors for those minor extra parts. So that's also how oftentimes an extra role that might be a minority gets attached to a white actor because they simply didn't audition or seek out anyone for those roles.

Last edited:

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
KebLSoW.jpg

Episode 237 "Vaguely Sinister Transatlantic Accent"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, Seda and Chugg discuss Hange unhinged, smelly girl's cooking, Nataku's bad day, if Yuno is a better Sasuke, how good Gridman is, and Naruto's DARPA.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:00:53 What we're watching/playing
0:04:18 Attack on Titan
0:13:23 Food Wars
0:19:40 Fire Force
0:26:46 Black Clover
0:30:53 SSSS: Gridman
0:39:14 Naruto Shippuden
0:46:30 Weekly Episode Ranking
0:48:41 Sign offs

Visit the website:

Subscribe in your favorite podcast app using this address:

Comments on the Podcast
  • Who's John Marson?
  • Yeah I'd agree the worldbuilding is strong in Attack on Titan.
  • I think the issue with Food Wars "not needing to look good" is mostly that its a step back from what the show used to look like. I think without that comparison this season doesn't suffer as much. Not much happening of note is def the weak point of this episode.
  • Nah give me Sasuke over Yuno anyday. Yuno is just such a nothing character that I can't find much to like in him.
  • Naruto wouldn't be the first fictional universe that experiences a HUGE technology boom over a short period of time once peace time settles in. I think the biggest issue is that Naruto is hella inconsistent about technology and again the timeline is super truncated. But I don't feel the tech boom between Naruto and Boruto is that crazy.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Hello

Is it me you're looking for?

download-1.png

Hey y'all. Hope you all have been keeping well.

I've been watching Mobile Suit Gundam. Might post my thoughts later.

First and foremost, would be genuinely pretty shocked if The Promised Neverland season 2 doesn't win most disappointing.

The show also has a curious aspect to it. People who haven't read the manga get to a point where they naturally, understandably, ask "Wait, is the show just talking about all the stuff that was in the manga?"

And the answer to that question is, for the most part, no actually.

A lot of stuff just....happens in the background in the final arc of TPN.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I read volumes 8-20 of Promised Neverland this week. Yep, it goes places. Disappointing places. And apparently the anime doesn't even follow this path, but another one?

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I read volumes 8-20 of Promised Neverland this week. Yep, it goes places. Disappointing places. And apparently the anime doesn't even follow this path, but another one?
Yet to be seen if the finale is any different but it is more like it picks out some scenes to hit on the way to speed running to/through final arc and adds in whatever is needed to try and keep things coherent.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The manga already has pacing issues where it is speeding itself to a conclusion. TPN could have been twice as long as it was.

Oct 25, 2017
The Promised Neverland needed more time to develop characters and let arcs move naturally.
Shirai rushing things really hurt the final arcs. Plot points were set up and were just abandoned. I hope that whatever they have planned next, it works out a lot better.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It kinda comes with the territory of releasing something so perfectly tense as a first act, repeating it is tough enough but topping it is almost impossible.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying Food Wars so far, I dig this arc at least. Plus making fun of the panning shots gamifies the whole experience.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds

Got up at 08:00am and spent seven hours helping a family member move. Needless to say, I'm probably only going to watch Attack on Titan and then call it. I'm just so fucking tired...

Status
Not open for further replies.