Hieronymus Bosch

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2021
He had it rough, being passed around and never fully gaining that star status. No matter what, fuck cancer.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Probably one of his lesser known films and it's nothing spectacular by any means but I really enjoyed it and found it fun.:
81q46zDE5WS._SY445_.jpg

One of my favorite, cheese and all (disguises were a more fun gag than Mission Impossible constantly doing the damn face mask thing lol).
Plus the wonderful Shue is easy on the eyes too.

His best movie will always be Real Genius!

Just bought it, Doc. I've been wanting to and I totally forgot about it so I am happy for the reminder! Looking forward to it.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
He was amazing in Spartan and kiss kiss bang bang. But seriously guys you should watch Spartan.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
He was always one of the coolest actors in Hollywood in my eyes.
Sad to hear of his condition, but I'm glad he's at peace with his life.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
While he was in recovery, he spent a ton of time writing really in-depth and interesting reddit comments about his career and stuff.

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
What happened to him is very sad but I presume his being a Christian scientist meant he didn't get timely treatment for his cancer.

Damn, first Swayze now him. I grew up with these guys, but particularly liked Kilmer much more until the later years. I just recently watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang too a few weeks ago for the first time since I initially saw it at release.

Man, that's rough. When I was a kid, I thought that Val Kilmer was legit the coolest motherfucker in the galaxy. And as I got older, I came to appreciate his talent and charisma more and more.

Same. My trinity of favorite male actors used to be Kilmer, DiCaprio and Depp.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Also, he's inexplicably on a 30 Rock commentary track with Will Forte. He's not in any episodes, but he was a fan of the show and was in the building when they were recording it. It's really surreal.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Just watched this on Prime.

Yeah. It's heavy.
Some really cool BTS stuff, though- as Val seemingly filmed damn near everything.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
didn't see this come up but man; the trailer broke me. I'm going to watch it for all those home movies alone.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow...this is a great documentary. I had to stop it several times because I was so overwhelmed with emotions.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah seems like he's had a laryngectomy. At that point you need tools to help you speak.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Great film also very sad. Seeing his younger brother in those videos makes me think he would have been as amazing as Val.

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck cancer.

Also watch Spartan. It's written/directed by Mamet. Pretty good small scale action thriller.

I fucking adore this movie. About 10 years ago I woke up one night and couldn't go back to sleep. I just turned on the TV and this movie was on. I couldn't stop watching it and didn't fall back to sleep until it was done.

His portrayal of Doc Holiday is the best one of all time and it's forever his role as far as I'm concerned. He carried that film on his back.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
While filming the Dr. Moreau movie, there were reports of this mega asshole putting out cigarettes on extras. As in stubbing them out right on their bodies. He can fuck right off.

Dhx

Sep 27, 2019
His portrayal of Doc Holiday is the best one of all time and it's forever his role as far as I'm concerned. He carried that film on his back.

His Doc Holliday might be my favorite portrayal of a character ever. Every line is pure joyous bliss, oozing with charisma. All this from a drunk hacking his lungs up as he's dying in front of you in every scene.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
www.google.com

Val Kilmer’s Fight With the Director of ‘Island of Dr. Moreau’ in Amazon’s ‘Val’ Is Painful to Watch

Kilmer, who has a reputation for being difficult, attempts to tell his side of the story.

It's one of those things where Kilmer said it was accidental while the victim says it was not. But dude had a rep for his on set behavior.

David Thewlis (who co-starred in Dr. Moreau) was on the Empire Magazine podcast a few weeks ago and said the cigarette story was total bullshit .

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
I really liked Kilmer and as a child of the 80's grew up with his stuff but he always had a reputation for difficult behaviour. Would be very interested to see this.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding his cancer, was he just unlucky or tempted fate like Steve Jobs with pseudoscience?

Pretty cool he filmed so much, looks like he had a lot of fun and always great to see behind the scenes stuff, way back then especially.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
He is such a sweet man, life has not been kind to him.

FUCK CANCER.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding his cancer, was he just unlucky or tempted fate like Steve Jobs with pseudoscience?

Pretty cool he filmed so much, looks like he had a lot of fun and always great to see behind the scenes stuff, way back then especially.
He belongs to Christian Science and that relay does not believe in docs.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Probably one of his lesser known films and it's nothing spectacular by any means but I really enjoyed it and found it fun.:
81q46zDE5WS._SY445_.jpg

Fuck yes I love this film. Also its awesome to see others enjoying this film since its definitely not one of his big ones.

I was reading through the posts before watching the doc trailer and his voice is breaking my heart. I'm going to end up watching this and cry like a baby. My first movie theater experience was seeing Val in Batman Forever.

Last edited: