• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
if a game will feature DLC does it say things like this?
Monster Hunter World has micro transactions for costumes if you want . Maybe something like that?
MHW is not a singleplayer game though
Typical of the faux-outrage one is likely to find on forums. "I don't know the full story yet, but I've also got nothing else going on and have to get angry about something."
there was a thread earlier today about being offended by Dark Souls/Bloodborne messages. I thought that was borderline absolute stupidity and being upset for the sake of being upset. This is nothing in comparison

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You can't change your visuals in game right? Even if they were only costumes then it would still suck since there are no armor to change how your character looks so only option is to pay.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
when the game was revealed, my friends and I were all together and went "OOOOOOOOH!!!!" at the From Software logo and instantly EVERYONE went "BAWWW!!!" at the Activision logo
guess we weren't being paranoid for nothing

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Wait this game is ÂŁ60?

Hey, one less game to worry about getting. Nice.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Typical of the faux-outrage one is likely to find on forums. "I don't know the full story yet, but I've also got nothing else going on and have to get angry about something."
Lets pretend there isn't a history of BS MTX with Activision so we can paint anyone moaning about this as part of an outrage culture. Real genuine post you got there.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
I'm imagining free-to-play style where if you die you can pay to respawn or just start back at the last check point.

"Shadows Pay Twice"

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Lets pretend there isn't a history of BS MTX with Activision so we can paint anyone moaning about this as part of an outrage culture. Real genuine post you got there.
The last time Activision worked with a Japanese company it was with Platinum for Transformers and Ninja Turtles. Both games had one DLC and they were costume packs.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Screen_Shot_2017-09-20_at_10.40.14_AM.png
Its Activision's fault, get them.

OP
OP
whiskas_fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
wait why is it more expensive than normal AAA releases?

is it $70?
Yes, it's 60£ in UK and 70€ in DE PSN. As some "bundle" where you get ps4 theme as part of it, but there is no way to buy game separate.

US PSN Store page says nothing about IAP, probably just standard text
German PSN says same in german though, now I don't believe that's mistake. Maybe something about laws where US store is able to not mention this information.

Isn't "in-game purchases" the ESRB's new catch-all for any game that has DLC of any kind? Could be referring to an expansion down the road.
Well I also hope that means expantions, but those aren't ingame purchases.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
checked the store page to see if they mention anything else about those in-game purchases and found a disclaimer that bloodborne is trademarked by sony and dark souls by namco.

why is that necessary? it's not a sequel to either of the games.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I refuse to believe FromSoft would allow anything worse than costume or weapon DLC. If it's anything that fucks with the progression than my morals are going to be put to the fucking test.

Oct 27, 2017
checked the store page to see if they mention anything else about those in-game purchases and found a disclaimer that bloodborne is trademarked by sony and dark souls by namco.

why is that necessary? it's not a sequel to either of the games.
There's probably a "From the developers of...." line in the marketing somewhere.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
You didn't learn a thing from the embarrassing DBFZ "lootboxes" thread, did you guys? Wait for official confirmation before freaking the fuck out.
Oh, I see someone had already mentioned this. See? That was very embarrassing and this thread might be as well.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The UK PS store had in game purchases optional in the description for Shenmue too. That didn't have any.

Oct 27, 2017
It could be a throwaway line because many games has it but doesn't have microtransacions.

The price however, is a big issue. Get fucked Activision. I will vote with my wallet.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Meh, it will not be anything that matters. Let suckers pay for a digital camo arm skin, I'm confident the game will be complete unto itself.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Activision is going to tell From to include mtx. Probably a placeholder text. The price increase is Activision though.

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
Stop overreacting guys. I'm sure it's just a mistake or if true it's nothing that big. Game doesn't even have progression system.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I wish the broader public would stop predominantly railing on EA, and direct some of that outrage Activision's way. Call of Duty with its marginally-changing annual releases, season passes, paid DLC, lootboxes, and game-changing microtransactions, plus Destiny with its ridiculous content rollout, are far more egregious than anything EA has done in recent years (outside of their sports franchises) - moreso than even Battlefront 2.