• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Biggest announcement of the week

When is Nintendo announcing Joy-cons with a poop button?

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Played through a bit, it's a lot of fun. Feels good to finally have a WarioWare game on Switch.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I expected a demo. I'm worried about how this game will hold up with controlling the characters and what seems to be a focus on two people playing at once. Time to find out..

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news! Felt like we were due for something regarding this game soon since it's out in 3 weeks.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I'm excited about this game but I think I might skip the demo just to keep myself more fresh since these games tend to be so slight.

Warioware's one of my favorite series, but it's a bummer that the nature of making all of these microgames means that the games are all inevitably pretty short experiences unless you're going for all collectibles or super high scores. Warioware Gold was better for this, but that's mainly because they had so many returning games (with new art assets though, so it was probably still a ton of work)

It seems like the idea behind this one is to have the playable characters make each microgame play slightly differently, in order to increase the variety/playtime without drastically increasing the scope of what the developers need to make. Which is neat and is an approach that worked well for New Pokemon Snap (reusing levels with different variants to make more content for a short game) so I'm hoping this is good too!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got a high score of 32 on my first go.

Getting used to these controls can be a bit tricky, this is definitely the most challenged I've felt in a WarioWare game for quite a while. I've gotta say though, this demo has definitely validated my belief that this is a pretty good direction to take the series. There seems to be a lot here that makes you "interact" with each Microgame a little bit differently depending on your character, and this gives some semblance of projecting more of an identity into the games which has been something that the series has perhaps lacked until now.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Wow, worst day for me to leave my Switch at work lol.

I've gotta say though, this demo has definitely validated my belief that this is a pretty good direction to take the series.

While I'm incredibly excited for the game, I am still rather cautious regarding the new direction the game's going in. Therefore I'm happy to see your positive impression.

Definitely gonna keep my eyes on the thread to see how people are enjoying it.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is ridiculously fun. Do we know how much stuff is in the demo? I just unlocked Orbulon. Is there a boss fight?

Edit: Oh! Game just told me he's the last unlock.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
yeah this is great. The different characters/control schemes adds a nice layer of complexity that mixes up the microgames and makes them feel pretty unique everytime even if it's the same one you're encountering for the third time in a single run.

Dec 15, 2017
Just shared this is the Nintendo OT, but thought I'd share here too.

So glad to see the WarioWare demo. My 12 year old has autism (he's only semi verbal and has a slew of challenges in life) and is OBSESSED with all things WarioWare. He literally tells me at least 10 times a day "Daddy. WarioWare Get it Together is on September 10th!"

I downloaded the demo right away and he has been glued to the Switch with the biggest smile. It's. Amazing.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So much variety here between multiple difficulty levels, multiple level layouts per difficulty level, multiple character specific level layouts, and of course the different controls for each character plus some games have aesthetic variations too and most games will play differently in co-op. Cannot wait to play more, the skill ceiling in this game is going to be ridiculously high. It's getting hard with just 6 characters to bounce between, imagine how hard it will be with the full cast

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the demo and yes, it's so good.
I need to clean my Pro Controller stick because controlling 18-Volt can show it's not functioning properly lol.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021

So glad to see the WarioWare demo. My 12 year old has autism (he's only semi verbal and has a slew of challenges in life) and is OBSESSED with all things WarioWare. He literally tells me at least 10 times a day "Daddy. WarioWare Get it Together is on September 10th!"

I downloaded the demo right away and he has been glued to the Switch with the biggest smile. It's. Amazing.

This is amazing!

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

This is fantastic to hear.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's the weirdness levels looking like for this Warioware?
Wario and co. get sucked into Wario's new game console, they get accosted by a giant low poly Wario nose who's mustache turn into legs, and in one of the microgames you have to trim the armpit hair off of a muscle posing sculpture.

Make of that what you will.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Holy cow, I knew the potential was there with the new characters/abilities, but I wasn't expecting this level of depth and challenge -- 18-Volt's movement alone is a stroke of genius, and I lost count of how many times Kat's auto-jumping got me into gut-busting trouble. Anyone who feared homogeneity has nothing to fear: it takes a bit to settle into most characters, but this is the best spin on WarioWare in forever.

Biggest smile on my face right now; September 10th can't come soon enough! Going by the feature highlights, that this is shaping up to rival WarioWare Golf in content volume ensures this'll be a real treat. Don't miss this!

Aww, as an Aspie who grew up adoring WarioWare, I felt this. All the best to your son!

leder

Oct 25, 2017

❤️ Your son has great taste!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Beautiful. I hope you get the chance to play together!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really pay much attention to the new Warioware at E3 but after playing it the game is fun. I can see it being a blast with two people.