Status
Not open for further replies.

GlobeGamer

Aug 26, 2021
I think that's the 4th longest run after Counter Strike GO (528), Warframe (429) and GTAV (401).

The amount of revenue generated lifetime on all platforms must be something else with ESO+. At the moment it's still the 12th best-seller by revenue on Steam (8th in the US).

And the thing is TESO doesn't even have a free trial or never moved to the F2P model (still priced 20$ in 2022). It's also has a very limited localization (subtitles: English, French, Spanish, German, Russian).
Zenimax new ip will be crazy

GlobeGamer

Aug 26, 2021
Ging was right they only use UE4 for the pre production phase of Zenimax new ip. Base on this linkedin page I found I guess it is safe to assume they have entered full production of their new ip

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I don't trust any insiders when it comes to release windows except for Jason Scheier. Even good reliable insiders like Grubb and Jez don't seem particularly strong in that area. Not just xbox, but gaming industry in general a lot seem to have no clue. Its easy to see why, with all the delays and whatnot I am sure the targets are constantly shifting.

Jason Scherier was the only one who was remotely correct with Starfield, the only one who was confident in Ragnarok coming out this year, spoke of the Horizon FW delay before anyone else, etc etc.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Man, I'm playing games the wrong way, eh
I've started about a dozen games on Game Pass recently, and I'm into all of them, but I keep being distracted by new releases. Just last night I started Immortality when the day before I started Deathloop.

I was talking with a friend last night, one with whom I started Nobody Saves the World earlier this year, and I told him we were now getting super close to january, when the game would maybe leave as well as Firewatch that we both wanted to play.

Game Pass was a mistake. 👀

lol, my way is to have 3 to 4 games i cycle and play to completion, :)

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I don't trust any insiders when it comes to release windows except for Jason Scheier. Even good reliable insiders like Grubb and Jez don't seem particularly strong in that area. Not just xbox, but gaming industry in general a lot seem to have no clue. Its easy to see why, with all the delays and whatnot I am sure the targets are constantly shifting.

Jason Scherier was the only one who was remotely correct with Starfield, the only one who was confident in Ragnarok coming out this year, spoke of the Horizon FW delay before anyone else, etc etc.

Yep, he's always right.
Which hurts because he also said Avowed is more likely to be 2024...

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Well, regardless who is always right if one insider says an earlier date and another says a later date, I'm personally just going to stick with the later date from now on unless I have some reason not to.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Deathloop is not a rogue-like! It has much more in common to Sexy Brutale than roguelikes, since there is no procedural generation within the game. It's more much into puzzle-based time loop (action focused tho) than something like a roguelike.

Like others said it's not a « real » rogue like.

It's like dishonored but with a different narrative.

I like how It doesn't hold your hand per se.

Its a pretty straight forward game that feeds the time loop mechanic into its story and accounts for that. Its kind of like Forgotten City, but action orientated. There is no randomness, or anything like that. Its not even really puzzle based. The only puzzles are how to approach different combat situations.

Its a pretty bad rogue-like so maybe. It's not really a time loop game either or a puzzle game. There is no real discoverability in the game. It tells you what to do, and where to go. You just click on the clue you want to follow, follow that objective, and boom, got the order you need.

You also don't really start from the beginning. I guess formally you do but generally you are doing something different or focusing on something different each "loop." You can carry guns over and so on. Eventually, there is essentially no penalty for dying or even just ending a loop. THe game essentially requires you to do so.

Thanks for all the answers. Very promising and excited for the game. Looking forward to it being my first 2023 game (after completing my 2022 backlog and all Yakuza games).

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
Now that Deathloop is out on xbox, has there been any mention of what Arkane Lyon has been working on? It's been a year since initial release and they seem pretty good about developing games in a timely manner. Wonder if any snippets have made it's way out.

Sipahi

Jan 30, 2021
Now that Deathloop is out on xbox, has there been any mention of what Arkane Lyon has been working on? It's been a year since initial release and they seem pretty good about developing games in a timely manner. Wonder if any snippets have made it's way out.
We haven't heard much apart from a couple of rumours that they might be rebooting Shadowrun. Nothing concrete though.

Ging was right they only use UE4 for the pre production phase of Zenimax new ip. Base on this linkedin page I found I guess it is safe to assume they have entered full production of their new ip
They are creating their own engine for the new ip aren't they? I am really intrigued to see what they pull off.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

not heard anything on that yet.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017

Well, regardless who is always right if one insider says an earlier date and another says a later date, I'm personally just going to stick with the later date from now on unless I have some reason not to.
So far only one insider has given a time frame for those projects (Jez). Jeff Grubb is just speculating without his insider hat on like the rest of us. He speculates a lot so people should be careful to separate his speculation from his insider statements.

It wasn't looking good for me at the beginning but this month turned out to actually be good. AC Odyssey, Ni no Kuni, Deathloop, Grounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.