• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pirate Bae claimed action on a night when fanto viewed no action (or something like that) n1 I think.

I'm kinda forgiving the n2 Aeleus action claim, since it most likely didn't work whatever Pirate Bae did or wanted to do I mean
forgiving a player who didn't pay much attention to their own role and made a poor choice in selection? totally fine.
or it was just an incorrectly structured fake claim.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
So what exactly has everyone keen to turbo Pirate Bae again?
Its was sone kind of plan that gave too much away right?

today the tracker said they tracked her N1 caught her in a lie (she said today she moved n1),
vote placement D1 on terra train to try and counter Sneeks train,
she was a candidate to be ynched D2 until Terra became a candidate then revealed that Sorian was scum so Sorian got lynched,
her contributions today have been nonexistent and when she tried to defend her 'role claim' as someone who stopped movement she immediately disappeared when pressed for details and hasn't been back if I recall correctly

Does it bother anyone that there's literally no other contender Today?

Occam's razor: Bae's so obviously scum, no scum would even try and push a second wagon today.

A more troubling theory: Bae is an easy town target, so scum is fine sitting on this wagon.

Either way, I think we probably all need a Bae flip at this point to move on and reassess tomorrow.

I think Mao said it best:
Not sure how any of the conversation today is helpful for town. Trying to game the bomber relies on making a lot of unprovable assumptions and now people are throwing shade at people for no reason, we're just stirring the pot for no reason while I'm sure scum is just sitting back and letting town eat itself.

Lets end today now, get a flip, and quit playing an endless what if game. Stop worrying about a theoretical bomb placement, its not going to be placed and blown up all in the same phase.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't that exonerate her of further suspicion? Bae seen to not be doing anything at Night, despite her claim to have done? Worst case she's a Ninja then. But that's like 35% scummy-NAI.

VOTE: Pirate Bae

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
My current suspect pool is here:
Zipped
Blarg
Malus
Zeke
Nin
Chugg

In no particular order. Those are the players I would want to take a closer look at tomorrow.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW P. Bae, my gut says you're not scum. But I must be fair to the plebs and admit your defense has been either weak or non-existent. Do you find it frustrating that nobody has your side or did you tell what's left of your scum chums to back off or pure-bus in the light of your team!'s recent losses?

Quantum-entangled Jekyll & Hyde memo to shelf, we got a YA novel for the bank
Okay but only if i get to play you in the eventual film adaptation.
Only the first film tho, youll have to recast for the other 2
She said she moved on N1 and I tracked her on N1 and got no movement.

Pirate Bae claimed action on a night when fanto viewed no action (or something like that) n1 I think.

I'm kinda forgiving the n2 Aeleus action claim, since it most likely didn't work whatever Pirate Bae did or wanted to do I mean
today the tracker said they tracked her N1 caught her in a lie (she said today she moved n1),
vote placement D1 on terra train to try and counter Sneeks train,
she was a candidate to be ynched D2 until Terra became a candidate then revealed that Sorian was scum so Sorian got lynched,
her contributions today have been nonexistent and when she tried to defend her 'role claim' as someone who stopped movement she immediately disappeared when pressed for details and hasn't been back if I recall correctly

Occam's razor: Bae's so obviously scum, no scum would even try and push a second wagon today.

A more troubling theory: Bae is an easy town target, so scum is fine sitting on this wagon.

Either way, I think we probably all need a Bae flip at this point to move on and reassess tomorrow.

I think Mao said it best:
Oh shit yeah thats much better than i was thinking.
Do we know why she lied tho?
Like claiming to move when you didn't is a very strange choice.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read shit since I was here last and I'm not going to right now, just tag me if we decided where we're putting people.

Oct 26, 2017
All for turbo, but i think we need to sort movement first. If we stack in the quarters, sparks could move ket like someone suggested . That should be okay. I think two rooms is better though to narrow suspects.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If someone wants me to move then just tell me where to go, I asked earlier but got no response.

Otherwise I'm fine waiting for the movement discussion I guess, I don't have much more to say, and I don't have much of a plan regarding movement today.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to organize room movement is a dumb idea. There's no way to know if the bomber can actively place a bomb, so trying this stupid PoE thing is a waste of time. There's gonna be other ways to deal with it than this systematic thing you all have spent most of today blathering on about while not actually getting anyone to move anywhere.

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to organize room movement is a dumb idea. There's no way to know if the bomber can actively place a bomb, so trying this stupid PoE thing is a waste of time. There's gonna be other ways to deal with it than this systematic thing you all have spent most of today blathering on about while not actually getting anyone to move anywhere.
what's your alternative? Just yolo? Ket was able to immediately find the last one so it stands to reason there's some logic to it

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think it's a terrible idea to try and manage movement, but it should be possible to figure it out even if we don't. If a room blows up, or something is defused, we'll have another list of people that were in that room and we can cross-reference and narrow it down pretty cleanly.

A lot of people are waiting for Pirate Bae to flip before diving in and doing a little more work, which is why this is dominating the conversation right now is all.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I have to agree with Mao that hearing about room and bomb talk incessantly is doing nothing for me. Someone get together and make a plan of action that we can follow for room placement without going bacm and forth.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
A room isn't going to blow up tonight. Fran already declared things safe at the start of the day. If anything, another bomb will be placed and another timer will activate.

If anything, everyone on Ket's list should be in separate rooms tonight so if she finds the bomb in a room, only the one person who was in that room will be caught.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
put the suspects in the rec room
move: rec room

town reads:
fanto
Vere
Ket
Aeleus
Mao
Kalor, probably
VA for Edge
Kyan
Probably Sparks
possibly wee
nin, if not a bomber

Faddy should use his command next phase.
Zeke is... I don't know. Null there.

my personal suspect pool:
malus
Stan (sorry, man, you took over for a rough spot)
Zipped
Ynnek
feps
SweetNicole

I am uncomfortable with this because math but also we offed some big scum posters so maybe it's fine?

feps I hadn't really felt that way about and I actually like him today, a little, but the hands-off play reminds me more of his scum meta than his town meta so I don't think I'm real comfortable there. I wouldn't put him high on the list though. malus, after Bae, is the next place I look hard.

Chuggs I still don't know. We need a flip without mechanics, probably, to see any more hidden scum, but I'll take scum flips however we get them.

I think I'm missing someone but I'm not checking.

Oct 26, 2017
A room isn't going to blow up tonight. Fran already declared things safe at the start of the day. If anything, another bomb will be placed and another timer will activate.

If anything, everyone on Ket's list should be in separate rooms tonight so if she finds the bomb in a room, only the one person who was in that room will be caught.
I can get behind this. And everyone else chill somewhere else?

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

Pirate Bae (9 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #2,820 #2,944
Kalor - #2,831
Maolfunction - #2,835
Kyanrute - #2,868 #3,374
Fanto - #2,894
Zippedpinhead - #2,914
Dr. Monkey - #2,944 (Double) #3,609
SweetNicole - #3,237
TheChuggernaut - #3,372
weemadarthur - #3,373
Funky Dude Sparks - #3,438
Blargonaut - #3,558 #3,559
Blargonaut - #3,579 #3,601
Blargonaut - #3,604 #3,621
Blargonaut - #3,621

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Blargonaut - #3,563 #3,564

Zippedpinhead (0 votes)
Fanto - #2,819 #2,894

Not voting: malus, flatearthpandas, Stantastic, Vincent Alexander, Aeleus, EzekelRAGE, Ynnek7, Faddy, Verelios, Dr. Monkey, Ketkat, nin, Pirate Bae, Kyanrute

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 122 EzekelRAGE: 84 Fanto: 78 Blargonaut: 77 weemadarthur: 75 TheChuggernaut: 37 Zippedpinhead: 32 nin: 31 SweetNicole: 29 flatearthpandas: 25 Kalor: 22 Kyanrute: 22 Funky Dude Sparks: 22 Faddy: 22 Maolfunction: 21 Ynnek7: 18 Verelios: 15 Ketkat: 14 Pirate Bae: 13 Stantastic: 12 Aeleus: 10 Vincent Alexander: 9 malus: 6

Current Countdown:
s7dfzyinx2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

==== DAY 3 MOVEMENT ====

Day Start

library (Active votes: 5)
dr. monkey - #2,895 #3,209
kalor - #2,942 #3,436
ynnek7 - #2,943
kyanrute - #2,947
zippedpinhead - #2,995
verelios - #3,411
flatearthpandas - #3,499

dining room (Active votes: 4)
ezekelrage - #2,948
faddy - #3,408
kalor - #3,436
funky dude sparks - #3,438

kitchen (Active votes: 3)
kyanrute - #2,888 #2,947
sweetnicole - #3,247
blargonaut - #3,248 #3,501
malus - #3,391
blargonaut - #3,577

rec room (Active votes: 2)
fanto - #2,939
dr. monkey - #3,623

quarters (Active votes: 1)
maolfunction - #2,905
dr. monkey - #3,209 #3,623

bathroom (Active votes: 1)
blargonaut - #3,113 #3,248
nin - #3,413
blargonaut - #3,501 #3,577

kitchen: (Active votes: 0)
sweetnicole - #3,246 #3,247

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
GG Pirate Bae

rooms are meaningless and will sort themselves out

Bomb shit takes time to plant

Ket should hide in the Bathroom forever because there's enough time to recover and defuse it the next Day/Night under cover of Doctor, probably

If Ket is pushed anywhere at least we'll know the mover's Alignment is Mafia softly, non-Bomber Neutral(s) are likely Survivors and with 2 scum down they'd be stupid to interfere with Town's Ket strategy

Fuck off with this Day let's go

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
put the suspects in the rec room
move: rec room

town reads:
fanto
Vere
Ket
Aeleus
Mao
Kalor, probably
VA for Edge
Kyan
Probably Sparks
possibly wee
nin, if not a bomber

Faddy should use his command next phase.
Zeke is... I don't know. Null there.

malus
Zipped
Ynnek
feps
SweetNicole

I am uncomfortable with this because math but also we offed some big scum posters so maybe it's fine?

feps I hadn't really felt that way about and I actually like him today, a little, but the hands-off play reminds me more of his scum meta than his town meta so I don't think I'm real comfortable there. I wouldn't put him high on the list though. malus, after Bae, is the next place I look hard.

Chuggs I still don't know. We need a flip without mechanics, probably, to see any more hidden scum, but I'll take scum flips however we get them.

I think I'm missing someone but I'm not checking.

Should I move to the rec room as well?

Oct 26, 2017
What are the suspects, like 5? We could put them in smaller groups. But i like what maol's saying. I guess worst case we lose a room possibly but we know who set the bomb then.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017

Yes do this

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Monkey's plan is bad. I have no interest in continually moving to a room where the possibility of a bomb being placed is very high.

Everyone else can sign on to that dumb idea if they don't care about dying.
you're editorializing here with moving continually but you do you

also I don't care what we decide but people need to DECIDE

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
you're editorializing here with moving continually but you do you

also I don't care what we decide but people need to DECIDE
There's no way to whittle down who the bomber actually is if the same list of suspects are quarantined to the same room every night. And what happens if Ket is killed? The bomb blows up where the 5 suspects were and we still have no way of knowing who is the bomber.

And I wouldn't be surprised in a bastard game that there may be a way to freeze people to a room for a day, so I'm not about to be trapped with a large group of people either.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Stay with me on this one Stan, but right now, I think she probably lied because she is Scum and is giving us a fake claim.
Wait so bae just came out day 2 with the claim/movement unprompted?
Also i dont think anyone said what role/action the claim actually was.
Im swimming blind here people i need deets!
malus
Zipped
Ynnek
feps
SweetNicole
Fair enough but may i ask what about Lokis play got you suspicious?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Wait so bae just came out day 2 with the claim/movement unprompted?
Also i dont think anyone said what role/action the claim actually was.
Im swimming blind here people i need deets!
Just read the start of this day, she claimed in her first post today, then we pressed her for details, then I countered her N1 movement claim.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I'm done too. Continue to draw out the day if you want, but I don't see a point in saying anything else for the phase.