empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest as the chat was happening I never found myself doubting it was B-Dubs. I can't give you a laundry list of reasons, and I don't have access to the posts to go 'Faddy in Power Rangers' on this sucker, but the way the account posted didn't strike me as being someone else. Given Fran confirmed that B-Dubs is not being restricted from posting that leads me to assume this can't all be some elaborate ploy. Had Fran not confirmed that MAYBE you could argue it was someone that's posting similarly enough as to not cause suspicion while coming across scummy without being so overt as to be too obvious, and then simultaneously restricting B-Dubs from posting the next day. That said, knowing that isn't the case - what would the play have been? What would they expect the outcome to have been if B-Dubs had actually just...showed up today?
Oh what Fran confirmed Dubs can post his identity? I probably missed you mentioning that before. This sounds like it seals the case.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you're happy to be back, Gorlak. Salva was pretty townread with some oh-no-deepwolf reads so we may all turn on you eventually. We're building that goodwill now, haha.

Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding Monkey was a neutral that wanted to gambit just for the sake of saying she did so. I don't think that's a good touchstone for Monkey's typical play.
It depends on which phase you look, she was doing her hardest to actually scumhunt when she tried to defend her absurdly clownish claim. But nobody wanted to listen to me... and scum were too afraid to go after monkey in that game :(

Ah and for the win: you're welcome Dr. Monkey

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you're happy to be back, Gorlak. Salva was pretty townread with some oh-no-deepwolf reads so we may all turn on you eventually. We're building that goodwill now, haha.
Was he, though? I remember quite a few people accusing him of flip-flopping. Interestingly I think he was neither on a lot of Top-Scum-lists nor on a lot of Top-Town-lists. But then, we ave several confirmed or semi-confirmed Town at this point, so it's kinda hard to make it onto a Top-Town-List...

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I brought the PIK back since not everyone, me including, did participate in it today when Monkey brought it up originally today. I just wanted to have a easy discussion vector out there to get people talking again.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Oh what Fran confirmed Dubs can post his identity? I probably missed you mentioning that before. This sounds like it seals the case.
Sorry no, I meant Fran confirmed B-Dubs could post today, in the game thread. That means there is no power preventing him from posting which makes the possibility that someone faked B-Dubs lesser in my mind as inevitably we would have revealed what occurred and B-Dubs would have just said "nuh uh" and claimed whatever his actual role would be in this theoretical scenario.

It depends on which phase you look, she was doing her hardest to actually scumhunt when she tried to defend her absurdly clownish claim. But nobody wanted to listen to me... and scum were too afraid to go after monkey in that game :(

Ah and for the win: you're welcome Dr. Monkey
It's okay buddy, you tried your hardest. There's only so much a single Big Ass Ladder can do.

Stay tuned for Metal Gear Solid Mafia Redux coming soon* to a mafia thread near you.

*Soon being contingent on if I can get enough players to run it or if I need to chop my beautiful creation down to a more manageable size :(

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
I brought the PIK back since not everyone, me including, did participate in it today when Monkey brought it up originally today. I just wanted to have a easy discussion vector out there to get people talking again.
Fine, I get the hint :P

P: Verelios
I: Gorlak
K: Blargonaut

Contrary to Natiko's read I have to say that I currently lean Scum on Blarg. I thought for some time during D2 that he was on track to be useful (Blarg-style), but that pretty much evaporated today.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I wanted to circle back to the bottom half of your post though. You explicitly said you don't town read B-Dubs, yet when you list out who you think is likely to be scum B-Dubs is not in that list. Why? You must have a reason then to townread B-Dubs more than Kyan, Zipped, and Muffin. What is it?
I'd probably put B-Dubs as more likely Scum than Kyan and Muffin tbh. Not sure about Zipped.
B-Dubs playstyle reminds me of me when I don't have much time to play (at least pre D3 B-Dubs did). Give some quick reads based on gut feelings, since deep reading players takes too much time. Him not showing up is definitely not a good look though, but I already said I'd be fine with removing him if he doesn't show up.

Is this a real question?
So you're going to ignore that question as well?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Donna shot Blarg first. Of course Blarg shoots back. It's Blarg. That's pretty NAI in all regards (doesn't even rule out w/w).
That's fair. It was a pretty cinematic post too, very on brand. The thing with Blarg for me is nothing he has done seems remotely out of the realm of possibility for him to do as town. If my reads are wrong somewhere, he's at the top of the list of people I would consider as the piece I was wrong on. He's like the true definition of a null. He's chaos incarnate as a player.

What's the current size? asking for a google sheet full of roles sitting in my google drive...
28 beautiful, beautiful roles of fun. 28 is a tall order for games not called HvV at this stage.

I'd probably put B-Dubs as more likely Scum than Kyan and Muffin tbh. Not sure about Zipped.
B-Dubs playstyle reminds me of me when I don't have much time to play (at least pre D3 B-Dubs did). Give some quick reads based on gut feelings, since deep reading players takes too much time. Him not showing up is definitely not a good look though, but I already said I'd be fine with removing him if he doesn't show up.

So you're going to ignore that question as well?
Then we loop back to the question of B-Dubs and Blarg as scum, who could the partners be? Muffin and Zipped you can make the argument for. I don't see how any other combo works without me being WILDLY wrong on someone town read or scum just really decided they wanted to kill one of their own. I probably need to take a look at the D1 votes again as well just to see where that matches up with everything that I'm not thinking.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Zipped.

Why am I Montiko levels of super town now when you wanted to investigate me earlier. You continue to confuse me quite much. You elevate me above people with supposed checks on them.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Nat, how do you feel about Zipped today?

Natiko for the noti
I just answered this earlier :P But I had already progressed to town reading him D2 by the EOD. The lack of a vote isn't great, and that automatically puts him in the pile of potential scum. That his reads today are similar to mine though leads me to believe he's approaching the game with a similar mindset as I. He's not someone I feel much urgency to press today, but would need to evaluate based on the flips we see and where that leads me.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I just answered this earlier :P But I had already progressed to town reading him D2 by the EOD. The lack of a vote isn't great, and that automatically puts him in the pile of potential scum. That his reads today are similar to mine though leads me to believe he's approaching the game with a similar mindset as I. He's not someone I feel much urgency to press today, but would need to evaluate based on the flips we see and where that leads me.
Yeah, I wanted to see if I could mindmeld you. brb concentrating

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
But I had already progressed to town reading him D2 by the EOD. The lack of a vote isn't great, and that automatically puts him in the pile of potential scum.

Why did you town read him at that point, especially if his vote record placed him in the possible scum pool. To be exact, I am talking about your past self here, today, whatever, yesterday, what.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Why did you town read him at that point, especially if his vote record placed him in the possible scum pool. To be exact, I am talking about your past self here, today, whatever, yesterday, what.
You're talking about different things. Yesterday I initially was leaning scum on Zipped for the way his vote shifted at day end D1. I had some discussion with Saw on it, and when I went back and ISOed Zipped:
I won't lie, if we didn't have the alignments of all the D1 wagons this would still look like one of the scummiest things imaginable lol

A good amount of the actual content Zipped provides D1 is about why he isn't sure about Kalor, and then he so quickly flips to turmoil all from reading one short post from Stu (and I mean short).

But where's the scum motivation? It can't have been to protect a scummate at this point. If he simply wanted to be on the leading wagon for whatever reason why be so tepid? If he was struggling with keeping up, why not ask his buddies in the scum chat on what to clue in on to shift to turm? It's just really hard to understand this move if it was coming from scum.
It led to me re-evaluating and considering what reason scum would have to draw attention to themselves like that when all the wagons were non-mafia. His lack of a vote D2 came after this, and puts him in the pool to consider as of today. But as I said before, his mindset aligns with mine in a way that builds town equity. Monkey made a great point about the ITA phase shots as well.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Muffin got ahead of the narrative being the first person to bring up the chat, and then the first person to say "geno even said if I die than one of you is likely scum".
After Geno died, was I supposed to keep my mouth shut? Especially on a day where I could get shot anytime? Also, thats what Geno said. Monkey or Nat can confirm that for you since they had access to our chat logs last night.
you were fine with your role's clear anti-town aspects and you weren't interested in tanking the blame for them
That's grade-A bullshit. I took the blame openly and want to get it over with since then. Do I need to keep repeating it? Lynch or shoot me, it's completely on me this time.
What do you think I want from you?
I dont really care at this point.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has agreed, no one seems upset about a turbo anymore, yet no one is voting... so let's wagon up then, see what happens.

vote: Muffin

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
That's grade-A bullshit. I took the blame openly and want to get it over with since then. Do I need to keep repeating it? Lynch or shoot me, it's completely on me this time.

I dont really care at this point.

Ok. My desire is to get you cooperating with us all, to get you to play the game. You are now fully ignoring my point and just clenching on to your own false viewpoint. I care still, but shall back off since I don't there is much progress to be had here today.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Fine, let's play a game. Except I'll go with the one who apparently can't discern a hard-confirmed Town from a "strong Town lean":

vote: Zippedpinhead
Did I miss something, how are you hard conformed town? I Think you have been playing a very town forward game, but I must have clearly missed something.

Kyanrute, since my desire to investigate you yesterday your posts have swayed me to believe that you are more town than not.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to swap my vote, b-dubs is clearly scum.

However, if we are looking at alternate wagons I want to vote

vote: Malus

However, i would also vote for muffin as all three of B-dubs, malus and muffin are in my scum view

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
You are now fully ignoring my point and just clenching on to your own false viewpoint. I care still, but shall back off since I don't there is much progress to be had here today.
Lmao false viewpoint. It's completely accurate, and your "youre not taking the blame" was simply 100% wrong.

You want me to play the game? I goddamn said who I want to lynch today. It's 99% clear that Dubs is scum, what do I need to add to it so youre content? There is nothing else today from me. Spare me the fake concern that I could help the game by making up some reads that dont help. If I have actual mattering reads to share, I do it. It reads like you want to do your best to appear v e r y concerned for the sake of town.

Everyone has agreed, no one seems upset about a turbo anymore, yet no one is voting... so let's wagon up then, see what happens.

vote: Muffin
At least someone here who is acting instead of only talking crap.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss something, how are you hard conformed town? I Think you have been playing a very town forward game, but I must have clearly missed something.

Kyanrute, since my desire to investigate you yesterday your posts have swayed me to believe that you are more town than not.
uhhhh go look at Sneeks' flip? apparently you missed something, yeah.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Lmao false viewpoint. It's completely accurate, and your "youre not taking the blame" was simply 100% wrong.

You want me to play the game? I goddamn said who I want to lynch today. It's 99% clear that Dubs is scum, what do I need to add to it so youre content? There is nothing else today from me. Spare me the fake concern that I could help the game by making up some reads that dont help. If I have actual mattering reads to share, I do it. It reads like you want to do your best to appear v e r y concerned for the sake of town.

Sigh, deflection. The argument was about there being more than just your role and you just deflect that with your needless angst.

Take a chill pill. Go afk if you can't handle the game. See you tomorrow, something. My honest opinion is that you are no longer fun to talk to. And I don't want to ruin yet another game by being a bickering bastard.

Because I sure as hell like being one.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Not voting: Kyanrute, Blargonaut, Aeleus, Gorlak, malus, Verelios, B-Dubs

Do I need to use reverse psychology instead?
You could... not sabotage whatever alignment you are? Wild I know.
Completely missed that line about Sawneeks knowing a random player is town aligned.

My bad Royal_Flush, for what it's worth, you have played a very town focused game.
did you miss entire chunks of the thread?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Sigh, deflection. The argument was about there being more than just your role and you just deflect that with your needless angst.

Take a chill pill. Go afk if you can't handle the game. See you tomorrow, something. My honest opinion is that you are no longer fun to talk to. And I don't want to ruin yet another game by being a bickering bastard.

Because I sure as hell like being one.
I can handle the game very well, thank you very much, Mr. Concern.

So you want me to address the other points instead of my role you made for a scumread of me? It's easily summed up: Admitting fault and asking to be lynched in favor of getting someone out who's going to be nuisance for town later due to the inherent alignment doubt in his role is not how I play either scum or neutral. Neither is low activity. My activity is entirely tied to how much time and interest I have and how much useful reads I have to give.

We havent played many games together Kyan, so that doesnt matter to you, obviously. It shouldnt. So put your money where your mouth is and vote.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Competing wagons only informs us if we get more than this paltry amount of people voting.
I disagree mightily. Mid-game, with this many confirmed town and assumed town? These wagons say we got scum somewhere, my dude.

==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

B-Dubs (3 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #2,606 #2,980
Natiko - #2,609
Zippedpinhead - #2,616 #2,619
Zippedpinhead - #2,619 #2,652
empressdonna - #2,648
Zippedpinhead - #2,665 #2,984
Kyanrute - #2,993

Muffin (2 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #2,980
Muffin - #2,988

malus (1 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #2,984

Blargonaut (1 votes)
malus - #2,997

Zippedpinhead (1 votes)
Royal_Flush - #2,981

Natiko (0 votes)
Blargonaut - #2,774 #2,774

Not voting: Blargonaut, Aeleus, Gorlak, Verelios, B-Dubs

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 100 Blargonaut: 37 Natiko: 34 Royal_Flush: 30 Verelios: 29 Kyanrute: 27 empressdonna: 27 Zippedpinhead: 26 malus: 22 Muffin: 21 Aeleus: 13 SalvaPot: 11 Gorlak: 11

Current Countdown:
cgcwldkitq

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!