• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I completely missed last day, I have been mad busy with work and I'm trying to get used to it.

I wonder who Fran was on if not Sorian day 1.

Also I think it's a shame Funky was not given a chance, or that no one else was really entertained while I was away, it seem every time the mob mentality gets going people stop looking for alternatives or looking at the future.
A chance for what, he had plenty of time to post?
Stantastic: surprisingly perceptive
Sweet, love backhand compliments

Oct 25, 2017
So rereading Hedin and there's not too much here. His day 1 stuff is pretty light, and he dislikes day 1 apparently which is fair. He has 1 post that's a read list of every player and it's kind of a bunch of nothing that I'm not a huge fan of.

This I can do.

jman - There was an occasional role we had when I played (I tried looking through the mafia wiki on the name and nothing jumped out at me) where your win objective was to get someone else lunched. Jman against Sorian that first day felt like newbie trying to accomplish that. That might be too harsh of a reading but that's what it felt like.

Then he has this which I'm not a huge fan of. This would be fine on day 1, but this isn't actually a read. Like it doesn't really conclude with anything. Do you still think he's a neutral? Has anything changed for you now?

He's got a couple of posts about Fanto, nin, Hagi, and Sparks that do look like he's more engaged, but there's not much follow through.

Leaning scum here, but it's not a confident scum read. Wish I had a bit more to go on.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, wow Hagi is rough on reread. Seems like you're typical nervous townie, but then it keeps going and there's just nothing there.

There's a vote he placed on Turmoil where he said he wasn't a fan of killing me or Fanto, but I have no idea why he wasn't a fan of it. Like there's very little in way of reads at all

Oct 25, 2017
Jman is giving me weird vibes. The sudden shift to "Wait we should kill Sparks" was some whiplash that felt like scum realized opposing the Sparks kill wasn't doing it for them. He feels the most genuine of the three on reread, but I don't think he feels much better.

Leaning scum on all of them I guess lol. If I had to pick a newbie to kill today it would be Hagi

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

SalvaPot (1 votes)
Fanto - #1,347

Hagi (1 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #1,355

Lone_Prodigy (0 votes)
Fanto - #1,336 #1,347

Not voting: Reki, Kalor, Vincent Alexander, Lone_Prodigy, jman1954goat, nin, MrHedin, Aeleus, Hagi, SalvaPot, Stantastic, Razmos, Stove

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 5 Fanto: 3 Lone_Prodigy: 3 Vincent Alexander: 2 SalvaPot: 2 Razmos: 2 Hagi: 1 MrHedin: 1 jman1954goat: 1 Stantastic: 1 Reki: 1

Current Countdown:
77libom66k

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Also, I'm just going to go ahead and say that I want to see read lists from everyone. I don't need to see detailed explanations, but at the least copy my format above and show me where your thoughts are.

Your wish is my command:

TOWN
Fanto
Reki
Razmos
Stantastic
jman1954goat
TheChuggernaut
Aeleus
Stove
Hagi
Kalor
SalvaPot
Vincent Alexander
Lone_Prodigy
nin
SCUM

In fact I feel strong enough about that last one to:

Vote: nin

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be off playing D&D for a bit, but I will have questions when I get back.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my activity could be better but D1 was one of the more forgettable ones I've been in and D2 was wrapped up in a turbo. That's not a lot to go on and sure it's hindsight because what if Sparks was lying scum that claimed neutral out of nowhere. But he was neutral and he's dead and were pretty much back at D2 but with one less town.

Oct 26, 2017
I was teetering on a Jman vote, but I have to put them on my lean town list. What finally made me lean town:

we can't kill sparks yet if we believe him we have to keep hunting mafia
Not only because it was right, but because why the hell would scum push to keep hunting scum---town cred? Perhaps throw out a quick throwaway line, then let it fade because you know Sparks is a good train to keep scum safe on? Except Jman gets into an argument about this very post and drags it out for 5+ posts. However, what kills me is that when Jman does fold on the subject, it's simply because Sparks got the hours wrong:
Oh never mind sparks is Lying i missed this earlier my bad.

Sparks was already told the correct end of day hours ago this was not a last minute i'm getting killed reveal my role mistake.

VOTE:Funky Dude Sparks.
Which feels like flimsy reasoning to turn on Sparks. But the iffyness of this vote on Sparks doesn't outweigh the towniness of pushing for more scum hunting outside of Sparks.

Oct 26, 2017
Okay so initially I really didn't like this Salva vote but the more I look at it the better I feel about it?

So we have town Turms in the lead with unknown Fanto in second place and Salva ties it up at the last minute by voting for Fanto. And I can't figure out why he would do that? They clearly aren't scum together because otherwise he could have just voted Turms, and if it's town vs. town at the end why would scum Salva draw attention to himself by causing a tie and risking no one dying instead of just letting a townie die. The only scenario I can think of is if scum Salva just really wanted Fanto dead instead of Turms, but that all just seems too risky
I'm going to sheep this opinion and say I lean town on Salva. I can't argue with any of the reasoning here from Chuggs. I think it's a solid enough post that I might as well quote it and bump it.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Which feels like flimsy reasoning to turn on Sparks.
I wanted scum dead more than a neutral and I wanted to give sparks a chance to cooperate for a couple of days and stay alive while we search for juicier prey. sparks stoped responding and went silent then I read that he was already told the correct end of day. the fact that sparks was possibly lying about details and in general acting sketchy ment it was way to risky to leave him alive. sparks gave us no choice but to kill him immediately. plus he ruined a full day of scum hunting really wish he had his outburst later in the day.

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for having me friends!

Having caught up with the thread, I'm leaning more the other way with jman, just a bit too all over the place for me.

Vote: jman1954goat

Oct 26, 2017
I don't feel 100% on much of these reads, though some I'm more comfortable with than others.

Vote: Hagi

Town:
-Reki
-Salva
-Chuggs
-Jman
-Aeleus
-Razmos
-Kalor

Neutral to Suspicious Of
(In no particular order):
-Fanto
-Stove
-Stantastic
-Hagi
-Lone_Prodigy
-nin

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Thanks for having me friends!

Having caught up with the thread, I'm leaning more the other way with jman, just a bit too all over the place for me.

Vote: jman1954goat
my first vote neat!

couple of questions Stove I see new next to your name have you ever played mafia somewhere else what's your history

second anyone else you read scum? is there anyone you think is town?

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome, Stove. First time Mafia player, or simply first time here on Reset?

my first vote neat!

couple of questions Stove I see new next to your name have you ever played mafia somewhere else what's your history

second anyone else you read scum? is there anyone you think is town?

Thanks friends. I've played Mafia before but never in this format and never on Reset. It's hard to keep track of everything and everyone when you cant see their faces. :P

Still formulating my thoughts so some of these are less confident compared to others.

I am sus about:
You. jman ;)
Fanto
Hagi

At the moment I think townies are:
Vincent_Alexander
Salvapot
Maybe Chuggs.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my activity could be better but D1 was one of the more forgettable ones I've been in and D2 was wrapped up in a turbo. That's not a lot to go on and sure it's hindsight because what if Sparks was lying scum that claimed neutral out of nowhere. But he was neutral and he's dead and were pretty much back at D2 but with one less town.
How could it be forgettable with 2 claims, ample debate and a close ending? Are you really paying attention?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see that last post by Fanto, but he suddenly swerves from me to Salva?
It's not like anyone else was voting, why not vote for both of the people I want to call out the most? :P
In fact I feel strong enough about that last one to:

Vote: nin
I'm definitely interested in hearing about the Scum read on Nin, I feel like he hasn't been talked about much and like I'm giving him too much of a pass here.
Neutral to Suspicious Of (In no particular order):
-Fanto
-Stove
-Stantastic
-Hagi
-Lone_Prodigy
-nin
You too, give me your thoughts on Nin, what made you put him in this list?
I am sus about:
You. jman ;)
Fanto
Hagi
Hi, Stove! What do you find suspicious about me so far?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not giving anyone town points for wanting to "Scum hunt" on a day where Sparks was obviously going to get killed.

I'm not really sure were the nin scum reads are coming from

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, Stove! What do you find suspicious about me so far?

Hi, Fanto! Purely hunches at the moment. I'm going to pull the newbie card someone else in this chat overused way too much earlier. On that note, my thinking Vincent and Salva are also just hunches.

I'm sticking with my vote on jman however because he seems a bit all over the place.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
i see nins the new easy target for today, well i think ill counter that by continuing with an easy target of my own!

vote: Vincent Alexander

but really any explaination at all for the nin votes would be nice.
Thanks friends. I've played Mafia before but never in this format and never on Reset. It's hard to keep track of everything and everyone when you cant see their faces. :P

Still formulating my thoughts so some of these are less confident compared to others.

I am sus about:
You. jman ;)
Fanto
Hagi

At the moment I think townies are:
Vincent_Alexander
Salvapot
Maybe Chuggs.
first of all welcome to the game, love the avatar.

why leaning town of Slava and VA?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious why you switched from Hagi to Nin here? What was it about Hagi that made you want to vote there at first over the others on your Suspect list, and then what made you want to suddenly switch it to Nin instead?
My vote on Hagi was because they were on my scum list and already had a vote. I want some real pressure on people this day. I could've gone either/or with Hagi or Nin. My initial reason for being suspicious of Nin I'll quote tomorrow. My reason for switching tonight though...gonna keep that one to myself for now.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hi, Fanto! Purely hunches at the moment. I'm going to pull the newbie card someone else in this chat overused way too much earlier. On that note, my thinking Vincent and Salva are also just hunches.

I'm sticking with my vote on jman however because he seems a bit all over the place.
I guess I'd just like to know what's informing those hunches then haha. I just like seeing how people formulate their opinions, even it's just a hunch or not based on much, helps everyone to see the thought process still I think.

I do agree Jman has been a bit all over, but part of that is what's making me lean Town on him instead actually, just based on the assumption that Mafia wouldn't want to draw too much unnecessary attention to themselves I guess.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
My vote on Hagi was because they were on my scum list and already had a vote. I want some real pressure on people this day. I could've gone either/or with Hagi or Nin. My initial reason for being suspicious of Nin I'll quote tomorrow. My reason for switching tonight though...gonna keep that one to myself for now.
Acknowledged and understood.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
How could it be forgettable with 2 claims, ample debate and a close ending? Are you really paying attention?

"That I've been in." Context.

Claims were boring (and one was unnecessary), debate was over trivial things, and the ending was close only because someone decided to tie it late just to see what would happen.

You can keep baiting but like I said, I don't lunch for bad town play. Go bother someone else.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
good morning everyone.
Sad to see Fran bite the dust but it was somewhat expected. R.I.P

my suspect for today will be Hagi

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Oh and since no one picked up my message on Day 2 i am going to spell it out.

I have been given lovingly a rainbow bass.

Not sure what that meant and it does not seem that i can use it in someway.

I can admire it though, thats what i have been said to

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm confused by Jman's playstyle but at the same time if he was scum I imagine they'd be yelling "shut up shut up!" and he'd be less active than this lol

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It seems that i am transforming right now....
I cant stop it.......
I.....
Uaaahhhhhhhh...

2mmq5d.jpg

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Town lost an entire day of killing mafia thanks to sparks neutral reveal but don't worry your King aims to correct this. I believe it's vital to hit a scam today at all cost so why take one shot at it when you can take two?