• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Golden Axe is a really interesting IP to me. Sega keeps trying at it, even though it never seems to take off.
Guess there's no harm in trying again with a new show and game though.

Just always kinds of surprises me when they have other stuff they could tap into. Unsure why GA is the big "We GOTTA TRY THAT AGAIN" IP for them.

dunno why Golden Axe specifically but I think any IP from the "monoculture era" automatically has an advantage in terms of staying power. it's probably why things from the 80s are still such a focus despite the nostalgia cycle being overdue for moving on.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
tbh i only saw the games as somewhat goofy (albeit fun) beat em ups anyhow

it's something on the bingo card and i'm hedging my bets against it, but i'm not totally against it either

Twohearts

Feb 8, 2024
Straya
Fuck it, Sonic Boom TV show was great, if they have the right writers and the right cast (and they seem to have the right cast) this could be a gem. Much jmore likely to watch it than if it was a serious Action show. Still, Golden Axe never really felt like a relevant Sega series to me. It's more fun ot play than Altered Beast, but at least Altered Beast is awesome