SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Controversy follows Gov. Kristi Noem as she is banned by two more South Dakota tribes

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is now banned from entering nearly 20% of her state after two more tribes banished her this week over comments she made earlier this year about tribal leaders benefitting from drug cartels.
Noem reinforced the divisions between the tribes and the rest of the state in March when she said publicly that tribal leaders were catering to drug cartels on their reservations while neglecting the needs of children and the poor.

"We've got some tribal leaders that I believe are personally benefiting from the cartels being there, and that's why they attack me every day," Noem said at a forum. "But I'm going to fight for the people who actually live in those situations, who call me and text me every day and say, 'Please, dear governor, please come help us in Pine Ridge. We are scared.' "
The tribes have clashed with Noem in the past, including over the 2016 Dakota Access Pipeline protests at Standing Rock and during the COVID-19 pandemic when they set up coronavirus checkpoints at reservation borders to keep out unnecessary visitors. She was temporarily banned from the Oglala Sioux reservation in 2019 after the protest dispute.
"I'm sure that Gov. Noem doesn't mind a focus on tensions with the Native Americans in South Dakota because if we're not talking about that, we're talking about her shooting the dog," Jillson said.

apnews.com

Controversy follows Gov. Kristi Noem as she is banned by two more South Dakota tribes

The latest developments in the ongoing tribal dispute come on the heels of the backlash Noem faced for writing about killing a hunting dog that misbehaved in her latest book.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1790770633174917384

Former President Trump responded to the backlash against South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R)'s anecdote about killing her dog several years ago, saying in a new interview it was a "tough story" but that "we all have bad weeks."

"I think [Noem's] terrific. A couple of rough stories, there's no question about it," Trump said to conservative podcast hosts Clay Travis and Buck Sexton in an interview aired Tuesday. "And when explained — the dog story, people hear that and people from different parts of the country probably feel a bit differently, but that's a tough story."

"She had a bad week. We all have bad weeks," he added.

"Until this week, she was doing incredibly well. And she got hit hard, and sometimes you do books, and you have some guy writing a book and you maybe don't read it as carefully, you know," Trump added. "You have ghostwriters too. They help you, and they, in this case, didn't help too much."

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope he picks her actually. "The Dog Killer" VP might actually turn off some conservatives who are otherwise ok with a bunch of other horrible shit.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Please please pick the dog murderer for VP. Oh my god that is such a golden ticket for Dems on that story alone and she seems equally unhinged as Trump, and Palin before them, and prone to insane comments and remarks. The Kim Jong Un stuff is mindboggling. I have no desire to be uncertain about this election, just drive this thing into the ground now please and save us all some time and sanity.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Gov. Kristi Noem Now Banished By Every Single South Dakota Tribe

All nine indigenous tribes in South Dakota have now banned Gov. Kristi Noem from entering their land in response to the Republican's offensive claims about the roughly 70,000 Native people who live in her state.
The Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe, the ninth and final tribe to take such action, announced its decision Tuesday, after its executive board held an emergency meeting about the matter over the weekend and then met with Noem's office Monday.
Until Noem issues an apology, "the people of the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe stand with our fellow nations," a statement obtained by South Dakota media outlets read.
This ban means Noem, who's been floated as a presidential running mate for presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump, is now banned from 20% of her state's land.

www.huffpost.com

Gov. Kristi Noem Now Banished By Every Single South Dakota Tribe

The Flandreau Santee Sioux were South Dakota's last holdout. Now, Noem is banned from 20% of her state.