• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
The daughter turning up at the end as if it's the final verse in "There was an old lady that swallowed a fly".
Guess we need to buy the book to find out what happened to her kid.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, my child is not listening to me and doing bad things. Is it me who failed as a parent? No, let me shoot this failed child. Tough decisions.
- Some republican politician, probably

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
So the story is "I shot my dog because it wouldn't kill ducks", but her new defense is "it's totally legal (and cool) to shoot a dog that kills chickens". Dogs better make damn sure they don't mix up their birds around this psycho. If they stir up a pheasant, they better think fast, like "oh shit, is this a bird that gets me killed if I chase it, or one that gets me killed if I don't?".

As an aside, I'm not sure I buy it anyway. If the dog in question is the very small one I've seen a picture of, I think it would get its ass kicked by a chicken.

Last edited:

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Seriously though, for you older folks (41 tomorrow) who grew up in the country, there has to be some discussion about our parents and these stories of unwanted or stray animals getting shot or abandoned. My Mom has one of these stories about both my Dad and granddad. I'm glad most of you don't, but it is a thing.

I grew up in the country, but we didn't shoot/abandon animals. My Mom worked for an animal shelter, so we caught/picked them up, cared for them, and took them to the shelter where they had a fighting chance of getting adopted.

My now wife is a veterinarian and she started her career operating in a mobile neuter/spay bus that was subsidized for low income folks. There are options for people in situations with an unwanted animal way beyond just picking up a gun and shooting them. Especially a 14 month old puppy that would would have very, very likely been adopted by another family.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I grew up in the country, but we didn't shoot/abandon animals. My Mom worked for an animal shelter, so we caught/picked them up, cared for them, and took them to the shelter where they had a fighting chance of getting adopted.

My now wife is a veterinarian and she started her career operating in a mobile neuter/spay bus that was subsidized for low income folks. There are options for people in situations with an unwanted animal way beyond just picking up a gun and shooting them. Especially a 14 month old puppy that would would have very, very likely been adopted by another family.
It is a thing, people abandon animals when they become "annoying" or "too much". That usually just means they are awful people.

Mar 11, 2020
I could see this happening where i grew up in rural PA too. I know farmers that would certainly do this. I know on our farm if a dog wasn't a good hunting dog it got relegated to deer patrol rotation for crops.

I hate looking back now and realizing how we treated those dogs though even if we didn't outright kill them, they were always outside chained up, they just pooped in a hole that nobody cleaned or anything. I would never do that myself at this point, but it's all i knew growing up too.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Trump, on hearing this, is gonna be like "well, now I'm not picking her for VP."

"Because she shot her dog?"

"No. Because she had a dog in the first place."

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Burgum moving on up:

View: https://twitter.com/SophiaCai99/status/1784584374458978709
North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum is quickly moving up former President Trump's list of possible vice presidential picks because Trump's team believes he would be a safe choice who could attract moderate voters, four people familiar with the situation tell Axios.
Why it matters: Burgum is on a long list of VP contenders, but Trump's rising interest in the North Dakota governor has been clear in recent weeks — and reveals his latest thinking about how he thinks his running mate could help him with undecided voters.

Driving the news: Trump and his wife, Melania, hosted Burgum and his wife, Kathryn, at Mar-a-Lago for Easter Brunch, two people familiar with the matter told Axios.
  • In recent weeks, the sources said, Trump frequently has brought up Burgum's name in discussions with allies.
  • Spokespeople for Trump and Burgum declined to comment.

www.theguardian.com

Kristi Noem dogged by poor polling amid fallout from tale of killing puppy

Public disapproval mounts for South Dakota governor and vice-presidential hopeful whose book contains gruesome account
Announcing what it called its "Noem Puppy Murder Poll Findings", New River Strategies, a Democratic firm, said 81% of Americans disapproved of Noem's decision to shoot Cricket, a 14-month-old wire-haired pointer who Noem says ruined a pheasant hunt and killed a neighbour's chickens, thereby earning a trip to a gravel pit to die.
The governor's extraordinary admission made news because she has long been seen to be auditioning to be picked for vice-president by Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.
According to New River Strategies: "While 37% of Republicans are still not sure if [Noem] would be a good choice, 84% of them report liking or loving dogs – not a promising sign."

Fourteen percent of respondents to the poll still thought Noem would be a good choice for vice-president to Trump. Among Republicans, 21% thought Noem would be a good pick, to 42% who did not.

Among self-identified "very conservative voters", 28% said Noem would be a good choice, against 32% who said she would not.

New River noted: "A plurality of Americans who do not like dogs still disapprove of the governor's action. While 87% of Americans who love dogs disapprove of what the governor did, so too do 48% of Americans who do not care for the animals."
Dem pollster.

Her communications director, Ian Fury, cited polling showing Noem as the only potential Trump vice-presidential pick with a positive favourability rating in four battleground states: Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
"This is why the liberal media is so eager to attack Kristi Noem," Fury said. "She's the potential running mate they fear most."
The poll from Kaplan Strategies, which describes itself as bipartisan, was conducted the previous weekend but released on Friday, the day the Guardian broke the story of Noem, Cricket the dog and the unnamed goat.
Her comms director citing an old poll and pretending only the "liberal media" thinks she's deranged.

On Saturday, the Guardian attempted to contact public figures whose glowing recommendations of Noem's book are printed on its jacket and introductory pages.

In his blurb, Trump calls Noem "a tremendous leader, one of the best", adding: "This book, it's a winner … you've got to read it!"
Asked whether Trump had read the whole book before recommending it, and whether he had comment about the controversy over Noem's tale of killing domestic animals, the former president's spokesperson, Steven Cheung, did not immediately respond.
Fox News spokespeople did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Rachel Campos-Duffy, a host whose quote on Noem's book salutes her "common sense and fearless fight for freedom", adding: "Get ready to be inspired!"
No Going Back is also blurbed by Chaya Raichik, creator of the trolling Libs of TikTok social media account; James Golden, also known as Bo Snerdley, formerly sidekick to the late rightwing shock jock Rush Limbaugh; and Riley Gaines, a former college swimmer who campaigns against transgender participation in women's sports.
By Saturday, Raichik had not commented about Noem's dog-killing confession. Snerdley had reposted a Daily Mail version of the Guardian report.
idontknowher.gif

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
You reveal to the world that you killed a puppy so senpai Trump will notice you, but the whole world goes all "what a loser psycho", so when senpai does notice you, it's for being a loser psycho?

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Announcing what it called its "Noem Puppy Murder Poll Findings", New River Strategies, a Democratic firm, said 81% of Americans disapproved of Noem's decision to shoot Cricket, a 14-month-old wire-haired pointer who Noem says ruined a pheasant hunt and killed a neighbour's chickens, thereby earning a trip to a gravel pit to die.

this story just keeps on providing

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Of course this would hurt her in Trump's opinion. She committed the greatest sin of all: she's pulling eyes off him. Trump found Pence so appealing because he was human wallpaper. Noem is upstaging Trump in an effort to stand out, but that's not going to work. The one time Pence upstaged him, Trump tried to have him lynched.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
She tries to frame it as her being able and willing to do difficult things when really she was too lazy to put in the effort to properly train the dog and get it the help it needed. She made the problem go away in the easiest way possible for her. And she wants to apply this to humans.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Of course this would hurt her in Trump's opinion. She committed the greatest sin of all: she's pulling eyes off him. Trump found Pence so appealing because he was human wallpaper. Noem is upstaging Trump in an effort to stand out, but that's not going to work. The one time Pence upstaged him, Trump tried to have him lynched.

It's this. More than just killing a dog (and him hating dogs) I can see him being appealed by her bloodthirsty ruthlessness and likely doesn't care that others are upset with her about it (especially since MAGA Republicans would easily flip). The actual problem to Trump is that she's a headlining story. Not even a bad headlining story (which it is), just any kind of headlining at all. Because Trump will never let anyone upstage him ever.

Incidentally this is why there's no risk of MTG being a VP pick either. Because as fiercely loyal and true to the MAGA core as she is she's made too many headlines and no amount of her willfully shrinking would actually absolve that.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Americans are almost wholly desensitized to violence against other humans.

But violence against puppies still shocks and disgusts us.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Awful. Reminds me of how we got one of our dogs. A farmer got a border collie puppy from a breeder my wife is friends with, fucked up her socialization so badly that she was useless for herding, and was apparently considering killing her. The breeder took her back instead and gave her to us to try to rehab her as a pet, and we ended up keeping her.

Last edited:

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, I just realized that the birds she allegedly wanted this dog to chase were pheasants, not ducks. And she was mad that it allegedly killed some chickens.

That makes this so much more absurd, to me, because pheasants ARE chickens. I mean, not quite literally, but I've scared up a few in my hikes, and they're totally fucking chickens.

I was joking about her dogs confusing chickens and pheasants in an earlier post, but JFC, it turns out it's not a joke.

Well, whatever. This story is a shitshow top to bottom, and she's a fucking psycho.

Oct 28, 2017
She tries to frame it as her being able and willing to do difficult things when really she was too lazy to put in the effort to properly train the dog and get it the help it needed. She made the problem go away in the easiest way possible for her. And she wants to apply this to humans.
For some reason and almost universally, conservatives have absolutely no sense of self-awareness. This is another fine example of that.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Look man, when Kristi enters the Blood Rage you're not getting away with a single life. The daughter's lucky she didn't run up to her like a minute prior

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
The good news is that none of those old horses went to waste, each and every one was sold to trump be be sold either as steak or turned into tie glue.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Her defense being "it was LEGAL for me to drag the family dog into a gravel pit and shoot it with a shotgun" really just underlines the problem.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

"This is incredibly damaging to me, so clearly the best way to clear things up is to ask that people buy my book, a thing that will financially benefit me."

I don't understand how the book could possibly contain more information that would absolve her. How much of the book was devoted to Cricket, beyond the released excerpts?

Also, she still can't provide more details on how exactly Cricket was "dangerous", beyond the one story that she needs to weasel-word from "attacked some chickens and snapped at me when I tried to stop her" to "killed some livestock and attacked me".

Even then, it's still just "it attacked me". If it had attacked anyone else you can bet she'd bring it up.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Yeah people, quit trying to spin her story of her killing a bigly vicious, and bad hombre of a puppy, into a negative.

Plus, the goat she shot twice was committing hate crimes and threatening to unionize. So, of course, the media has to step in.

Db82

Mar 4, 2024
I want to see Peta unleash on her, they can both fight each other.

Let these two awful parties fight!