• Sell some for sure

• Sell ok I guess

• Sell more than we expect

• Sell like gangbusters

• Cyberfrunk 2: The Bulletproof World

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
The utter lack of customization usually applied to a plumbers truck (or just as often, van) also speaks volumes. Does this plumber show up, do an estimate, then come back with a real vehicle for his acetylene/pvc/copper/steel working needs

Raggie

Oct 16, 2018
"Ludicrous - The Unvarnished Story of Tesla Motors" by Edward Niedermeyer is currently free on Audible.

It was written before Cybertruck and all the Twitter nonsense, but makes both seem like a logical continuation of the events. A good listen, recommended. Especially for anyone investing in Tesla. You might change your mind.

blackhawk163

Oct 28, 2017
Saw my first one in person on Friday as I was driving up 287n in NJ and while ugly, you can't help but to look at it because it's so different (and ugly). It really is a Lego car.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy that random panels on every one are discolored
You'd think with the fact that these are absolutely not hot sellers they'd take the time to sort and grade some panels or something for a cohesive look lol. Maybe bring back a couple of those laid off workers to help improve the look of the product by 0.3%.

Also, the edges of that front door panel you might close the door from look absolutely greasy. Rear door panel looks like a texture you'd see out in the wasteland in a fallout game.

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
After watching highlights from the 2024 Beijing Autoshow, I wish BYD would come here and decimate Tesla. They would bring much needed competiton.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm never ever going to test any car's advertised boat mode, I don't care how many influencers say it's legit. Shit goes even 1% wrong and I'm sinking to the abyss. Yeah no.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

Now that's really impressive.
I'm never ever going to test any car's advertised boat mode, I don't care how many influencers say it's legit. Shit goes even 1% wrong and I'm sinking to the abyss. Yeah no.
I don't think it's about boat mode like Musk was trying to (over)sell it with the Cybertruck. I live in S. FL and I can't tell you how many stories I've seen where someone vanished and then was found months/years later submerged in their car in a random canal or pond. In an emergency this would save lives. Imagine if that drunk billionaire had one of these instead of a Tesla?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now that's really impressive.

I don't think it's about boat mode like Musk was trying to (over)sell it with the Cybertruck. I live in S. FL and I can't tell you how many stories I've seen where someone vanished and then was found months/years later submerged in their car in a random canal or pond. In an emergency this would save lives. Imagine if that drunk billionaire had one of these instead of a Tesla?

Yeah as a feature like Apple's iPhone / Apple Watch crash auto-call 911 feature, sounds great as a safety measure or even something to get someone out of a sticky situation if a hurricane caused real extreme flooding and there are literally no other options. But it would never ever be anything I'd rely on proactively in any situation where I want to use it for anything recreational.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Saw my first one in person on Friday as I was driving up 287n in NJ and while ugly, you can't help but to look at it because it's so different (and ugly). It really is a Lego car.

This is an insult to Lego. Btw Lego actually built a life size car with bricks.

www.cnet.com

Life-size Lego Bugatti Chiron actually works, has over 1 million pieces

It gets its power from 2,304 Lego electric motors.

It is significantly better looking then Musk's shit truck.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

A major Chinese car company already has a Cybertruck knockoff

View: https://twitter.com/agroasx/status/1785137005195850166?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1785137005195850166%7Ctwgr%5E796ddc387c92ab1aace20ec9e4db360edb90d374%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sfgate.com%2Ftech%2Farticle%2Fcybertruck-knockoff-dongfeng-concept-car-19431449.php
A very similar-looking vehicle showed up this week at the 2024 Beijing auto show.
The massive vehicle exhibition — NPR called it "the Super Bowl, except for cars" — hosts major automakers from across the globe in China's capital from April 25 to May 5.
Wuhan-based Dongfeng is one of China's "Big Four" state-owned car companies. The firm sells more than 2 million cars a year, mostly through joint ventures with automakers like Honda, Nissan and Peugeot.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017

How is it possible that it really doesn't look much better? Looks like someone stretched a playdoh Santa Fe.

I mean if they're going to go after over the top cyberpunk ~a e s t h e t i c~ Nissan's still got everyone beat, too bad they'll never actually make this since it's the type of nonsense I'd say I'd buy but never actually do it.
Nissan-Hyper-Punk-Concept-14.jpg

The interior is a lot crazier, thankfully.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
After watching highlights from the 2024 Beijing Autoshow, I wish BYD would come here and decimate Tesla. They would bring much needed competiton.
I got to ride in one when in Mexico City as an Uber… and it seriously was lower quality than any vehicle I have ridden in a long time. It was like if a 1990s taxi had the benefits of electricity. Seats were no good, interior felt cheap. It was fine as an Uber ride and I assume great for the driver to keep their costs down and give their passengers room…. But it felt worse outside of the electric park than any car I've ridden in here in America.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
I got to ride in one when in Mexico City as an Uber… and it seriously was lower quality than any vehicle I have ridden in a long time. It was like if a 1990s taxi had the benefits of electricity. Seats were no good, interior felt cheap. It was fine as an Uber ride and I assume great for the driver to keep their costs down and give their passengers room…. But it felt worse outside of the electric park than any car I've ridden in here in America.

They make a wide range of stuff from luxury to something that's just $10,000. Yeah, their high-end probably doesn't touch any of the manufacturers in quality (except tesla). As long as they are trying to get into markets and are competing hard they would be fun to have around because they will get prices to drop (because the government subsidizes them hard, and China dominates the battery supply chain which is where the cost is).

Last edited:

steejee

Oct 28, 2017

This makes me laugh in particular for a few reasons:
1. Nantucket is like 15 miles end to end by road, you barely need a car much less anything like a pig of a vehicle like the Cybertruck. You're not going to be taking your vehicle off island very often, either, unless you're a masochist. You'd have more fun and get more utility out of a nice golf cart.
2. Go to vehicle for beach driving is pretty much an old beater Jeep with appropriately deflated tires. I'd be shocked if the driver had ever driven on a beach before or done any prep. I would happily bet that they didn't try to prep their car for the beach in any way and thought they could just go right out from the road. As it is a beater sedan can do fine on the beach too if prepped correctly.
3. Cybertruck screams "Cyptobro/Techbro cash", which is like adding a third wheel to the existing "Old homes passed down through generations" and "Super rich fucks making enclaves on the island" dichotomy on the island.
4. 0-Anything speeds are worthless on the island. I think the highest speed limit on the island is 35mph.
5. The beach is basically the only 'offroading' there is on the island. It's pretty flat, save for the ocean cliffs. So to fail at the one offroading option is comical.

If I lived/worked on Nantucket I think my go-to would be a kei-truck.

Last edited:

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
How is it possible that it really doesn't look much better? Looks like someone stretched a playdoh Santa Fe.

I mean if they're going to go after over the top cyberpunk ~a e s t h e t i c~ Nissan's still got everyone beat, too bad they'll never actually make this since it's the type of nonsense I'd say I'd buy but never actually do it.
Nissan-Hyper-Punk-Concept-14.jpg

The interior is a lot crazier, thankfully.
TRON 3 marketing starting early I see.

beat

Oct 28, 2017

It is designed to smash things on the third or fourth try:
Judkins said that after the finger test, a lead cybertruck engineer at Tesla said he did the video wrong.

The engineer told him the frunk increases in pressure every single time it closes and detects resistance, Judkins said. It's going to assume you want to close the frunk and maybe something like a bag is getting in the way, which would make it close harder.