• Cyberfrunk 2: The Bulletproof World

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

A marijuana dispensary owner who became the first Tesla Cybertruck owner in Maine says he didn't realize how much attention he would get driving one of the most unusual-looking vehicles ever made.

Travis Carter says he gets stared at, photographed, yelled at and brake-checked while tooling around Portland in the sharp-cornered, stainless steel pickup. Some people ask questions about the truck. One person spat on it.
But the reaction he gets most often?

"The middle finger," he told the Portland Press Herald. "In passing, at red lights, people walking by."

Carter paid $100,000 for the Cybertruck in January and picked it up in New Jersey. Four months later, it's still one of only two Cybertrucks registered in all of Maine, the newspaper said.

When he started noticing all the stares, Carter tried to leverage it into publicity for his business, Vice Cannabis, by sticking a QR code that links to his website to the outside of the vehicle. But the attention has been overwhelming enough to make him second-guess the purchase at times.

"People have taken my picture so much," he said. "I'm shy, so it has been a weird experience, where you pull up to a red light and every single person stares at you."

Carter admits the Cybertruck isn't the best-looking vehicle but appreciates that it doesn't look like everything else.

"It's so ugly it's cute," he said. "It's like a French bulldog."

And having so many people watching all the time has turned Carter into a supremely cautious driver.

"Now, I'm on stage," he told the Press Herald. "I have to be very courteous."

Oct 31, 2017
I've had to defend my Lightning's capabilities. People still think it can't be a "real" pickup truck, but it does truck stuff just fine. That video does feel performative, though.

Redmond Barry

Nov 24, 2017
You know you're an obnoxiously rich asshole when you dump six figures on something you think is ugly "but in a charming way."

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Tesla Forbids Cybertruck Owner To Resell His Truck After It Didn't Fit Inside Building

Blaine Raddon brought his Cybertruck home just to find out that he could not park it inside the building complex because it would not fit. Since he couldn't park it at home, Blaine decided to sell the truck and took the official way. He politely asked Tesla to buy it back or allow him to sell it to someone else. However, Tesla denied both requests, even though Blaine didn't want to make a profit. He just can't keep the Cybertruck.
Based on previous reports, Tesla used to offer a fair price for a traded-in Cybertruck. One Cybertruck AWD owner resold the truck to Tesla for $98,000. This was $1,978 less than what he paid for it, which is a fair depreciation for a truck that drove almost 8,000 miles. According to the contract, if you sell the truck back to Tesla, it pays the full price minus $0.25/mile driven.

View: https://twitter.com/bradarr/status/1793830052251242991?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1793830052251242991%7Ctwgr%5E3bcdb09ed2ab7b049654ed83455fd13ae7ddcb0a%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.autoevolution.com%2Fnews%2Ftesla-forbids-cybertruck-owner-to-resell-his-truck-because-it-doesn-t-fit-inside-building-234482.html

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently cybertrucks want human blood today:

View: https://youtu.be/aD43FZNM25g

jalopnik.com

Cybertruck Crashes Into Crowd After Failing To Do Reverse Donuts

The Cybertruck backed into a crowd of onlookers, but it seems like everyone is OK.

latest

"A savage, intelligent military vehicle made from the most evil parts of the most evil cars in all the world. The steering wheel from Hitler's staff car, the left turn signal from Charles Manson's VW, the windshield wipers from that car that played Knight Rider, and the body panels from a Cybertruck."

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
What the fuck. If you want to resell a car you bought since when do you need permission from the manufacturer. Even if this dumbass signed a document, how is that legally enforceable. Absolutely insane.

I believe you are also not allowed to sell some rare Ferrari models during the first year of ownership,
but such a rule is surely new to the market segment of the Cybertruck.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck. If you want to resell a car you bought since when do you need permission from the manufacturer. Even if this dumbass signed a document, how is that legally enforceable. Absolutely insane.

A large amount of really expensive rare new cars are sold with a contract stipulation that you can't resell it for a certain amount of time. Some other car makers simply black list you from buying the next rare release if you sell before allowed.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
You say this like there's a time they don't want human blood.

Cybertruck's Razor Sharp Body Panels Sends New Owner To The ER With A Slashed Wrist

img_0071-jpeg.48763

Over on the Cybertruck Owners Club forum, user bdesign shared that their Cybertruck was finally ready for delivery. Unfortunately, when they went to pick it up, the truck was in "sloppy, sloppy condition at delivery." The inside of the windshield was dirty and covered in some kind of film. "Body panels have some sort of splattery overspray on them that doesn't wipe off - it just smears around." Also, the hood was already covered in small rust spots, making some Barkeeper's Friend a necessary purchase. Oh, and the rubber seal on the driver's side of the tonneau cover was loose.
Yep, the Cybertruck sliced his wrist right open. If you're really curious, you can find the photo of the injury here, but trust us when we say you probably don't want to click that link. It's even marked with a spoiler tag on the original post because, well, a lot of people could really do without accidentally seeing a cut wrist before lunch.
The good news is, the two Tesla employees were able to get him cleaned up and bandaged well enough to complete the delivery process. A couple of hours later, though, he thought it had stopped bleeding enough to unwrap it. That proved to be a mistake. "I unwrapped my wrist and BOOM - spurts of blood all over the kitchen island…," he wrote, "which leaves me here, at the ER."
www.cybertruckownersclub.com

Delivered but wrist cut injury during delivery + ER visit

But this five day wait from getting the appointment to delivery is nearly as bad as the previous 1,600 days combined. 48 hours to go GAH UPDATE Picked it up today! Woo Hoo! sloppy, sloppy condition at delivery. ugh Windshield (inside) is disastrously dirty. There’s a smeary film over...

jalopnik.com

Cybertruck's Razor Sharp Body Panels Sends New Owner To The ER With A Slashed Wrist

One Tesla owner's delivery experience ended with him in the hospital.

Last edited:

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017

I believe you are also not allowed to sell some rare Ferrari models during the first year of ownership,
but such a rule is surely new to the market segment of the Cybertruck.

It's bullshit but the car market is beyond fucked for rare or special edition cars, which the CT probably fits into right now since it just launched(the rarity part.) So they're trying to avoid car flipping, buying a CT for $100k and selling it for $150K+.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally saw one of these in person the other day while I was driving and holy shit I transported back to my 8yr old self and swore I was playing Hard Drivin',just waiting for that fucking loop de loop part to pop up and me an the cyber truck in front of me fail to nail it correctly and crash and blow up.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Cybertruck Stuck On Ping Pong Mode In Flowing River

View: https://streamable.com/yxtxri
It's unclear where exactly this footage comes from but the original poster claims it's from Azula Canyon. What's clear is that there's a flowing river there with somewhat steep banks on each side and somehow a Cybertruck owner ended up between them. From the moment the footage begins, the truck is trying to escape.
Despite gaining what appears to be significant momentum, the truck can't get a solid enough grip to escape going forward. The driver then attempts to reverse their way out of trouble with even less success. Then, they slam it back into drive, trudge through the water, and end up making about as much progress as they did in the first attempt. They repeat these failures at least one more time before the video ends.
According to the original poster, the truck ultimately gave up trying to free itself and awaited help. That help came in the form of a Chevrolet Silverado, says the cameraman. The driver's antics in this short clip appear almost frantic. It's possible that just a few feet downstream, an easier exit could've been had. Regardless, they're far from the first Cybertruck owner to get stuck in a strange space.

www.carscoops.com

Cybertruck Stuck On Ping Pong Mode In Flowing River | Carscoops

The series of bad decisions was all caught on camera

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Iirc it's not legally enforceable, but you'll be banned from buying Tesla stuff in the future. Officially it's in place to prevent price gauging on the aftermarket, in this case I'm sure because Elon knows exactly well what it'll do to his reputation.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Iirc it's not legally enforceable, but you'll be banned from buying Tesla stuff in the future. Officially it's in place to prevent price gauging on the aftermarket, in this case I'm sure because Elon knows exactly well what it'll do to his reputation.
The funny thing is, that it's not like Tesla ran really confirm whether a car has been sold. The owner could just claim that it's an in-law whom they have loaned the car for while or something. How could the company ever confirm the details? All you need is to shut up, and give them any kind of semi believable story as to why it's not been actually sold.
But I guess anyone buying one of these metal monstrosities isn't the kind of person who could mentally cope with not getting Papa Elmo's explicit approval on all their life choices.

MJPIA

Oct 25, 2017
Ever been walking around your house at night with a flashlight and flash banged yourself when you passed by a mirror?
Now you can experience it on the road!

View: https://x.com/niccruzpatane/status/1795235567241732598?s=46&t=Fski5tAXGapEPufiBpUQQg

At least polished trailers are curved on the sides and the flat rear is much higher up, that flat tailgate is perfect height to blast back headlights.

Also those poor workers since apparently the company does not believe in PPE and that polishing compound mixed with oxides is fine in the lungs and eyes

View: https://twitter.com/niccruzpatane/status/1795240759475458404

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Lol at the mirror-polished Cybertruck and the idea that "It looks unbelievable, almost like it was invisible" is a good thing for a several-ton motor vehicle.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Ever been walking around your house at night with a flashlight and flash banged yourself when you passed by a mirror?

View: https://x.com/niccruzpatane/status/1795235567241732598?s=46&t=Fski5tAXGapEPufiBpUQQg

At least polished trailers are curved on the sides and the flat rear is much higher up, that flat tailgate is perfect height to blast back headlights.

Also those poor workers since apparently the company does not believe in PPE and that polishing compound mixed with oxides is fine in the lungs and eyes

i imagine that at least this is illegal in the US, right? no way a car like that can actually be used on the road.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

nice coal miner drip

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
i imagine that at least this is illegal in the US, right? no way a car like that can actually be used on the road.
One thing I've learned thanks to Cybertruck is the utter lack of vehicle regulations we have in the US. Seems like many of the safety advances we've had over the decades have been market driven.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017

isn't this illegal? i don't think you can see this clearly and imagine at night with headlights shining on this mirror

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I've learned thanks to Cybertruck is the utter lack of vehicle regulations we have in the US. Seems like many of the safety advances we've had over the decades have been market driven.
In general it really seems that laws apparently don't apply to Teslas lol. In New Jersey it is illegal to not have a front license plate and yet most Teslas I've seen (and only Teslas) don't have them

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
In general it really seems that laws apparently don't apply to Teslas lol. In New Jersey it is illegal to not have a front license plate and yet most Teslas I've seen (and only Teslas) don't have them
eh, this law pretty much exists to pull people over that cops want to pull over. a telsa to cops just says "i probably have enough money to be doing legal things.. mostly"

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
With Picture n ow~~

Cybertruck owner says he's stuck with a vehicle that's too big for his parking spot, and Tesla won't let him return or resell it

66588c691cd3b177904187ce

6658a8521cd3b17790419f8c

However, upon its arrival, he told BI that he realized the Cybertruck was "so much bigger" than expected, and he had to make a four-point turn to navigate it into the parking spot. He also said he struggles to get in and out of the truck with the amount of space he has on each side.
The manager at Tesla's Salt Lake City dealership did not respond to BI's request for comment ahead of publication.
Raddon told BI that he's a rule-follower and he doesn't plan to go against Tesla's verdict on the matter or hire a lawyer to dispute the decision.
He also said his building is okay with him keeping the vehicle there, but they won't be held liable if the truck gets damaged by another car while protruding from the parking spot.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Oh boy, so it's apparently a small world and I'm friends with a guy who lives in the same building as the Cybertruck owner in my neighborhood. According to him the truck owner is a steroid-abusing trust fund baby and when he got the truck he had a party and invited his neighbors in the building to come see it 😆

It really attracts a type I guess. I didn't think to ask my friend what the actual reception was to the truck with the neighbors but considering this is Miami it may have been positive.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
I've passed one on the highway before, but I finally saw one when I was walking around.

I guess it's less ugly in person, but honestly I was struck by how boring it looks. Like it's got one trick and after you've seen it there's nothing else there.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Tbf that would be a problem with any modern pick-up truck because they are all made too damn big. Wish parking garages in my area would enforce maximum vehicle length or force oversize vehicles to pay for multiple parking spaces.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Yeah this is just what any oversized pickup looks like when parked lmao.

I wonder what his real reason is.
Yeah, folks in my building with the huge trucks just get permission to use the handicap spots (as long as there aren't folks on the floor that have a legitimate need for them). I'm sure his building could find a big spot for him if he wanted one. May cost more but if he can afford a Cybertruck then what's the problem?