• Sell some for sure

• Sell ok I guess

• Sell more than we expect

• Sell like gangbusters

• Cyberfrunk 2: The Bulletproof World

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
I'd love a rundown of everything wrong with the thing that owners have discovered so far, though I know that's a long, long list. Saw another youtuber where the windshield wiper fluid was 1) not spraying right on the windshield, and 2) the fluid was leaking down into the compartment behind the frunk.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love a rundown of everything wrong with the thing that owners have discovered so far, though I know that's a long, long list. Saw another youtuber where the windshield wiper fluid was 1) not spraying right on the windshield, and 2) the fluid was leaking down into the compartment behind the frunk.
Yeah, also saw that video. It's wild that the weather stripping is that poor on a $100k vehicle. I mean I'm not surprised by it considering all we've heard about Tesla's QC issues in the past, but it's still wild to me.

Here's the video (15:07 for the windshield wiper fluid part):

View: https://youtu.be/bTTMVIhMkkM?si=qQrgPK3gsn5jijGD&t=907

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
i can't remember if it was my Y or 3 but one of them the hose disconnected itself and was just spraying somewhere under the hood, luckily sealed off from the frunk

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Compared to this, my Bolt looks like it was built by Tony Stark

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
www.carscoops.com

Dongfeng's Fake Tesla Cybertruck Tries To Make Some Noise With 1,305 HP | Carscoops

Production details about the intriguing Dongfeng electric truck remain unclear

Dongfeng-Truck-15ll-1536x864.webp

Among all the glitz and glamor of the Beijing Auto Show, Dongfeng unveiled its take on the Cybertruck. While we're not sure if it will reach the production line, Chinese automakers tend to build some pretty weird contraptions so there's a good chance this electric truck will soon hit local roads.

The truck is thought to be based on a Dongfeng skateboard EV platform, claiming to offer a ridiculous 1,305 hp, which makes it even more powerful than the flagship CyberBeast version of the Tesla.

There's no doubt that Dongfeng's designers have taken inspiration from the Cybertruck. Compared to the Tesla, it has slightly softer edges, and the body panels are not believed to be made from exposed stainless steel. Up front, there's an LED light bar that can be configured to display various images, an illuminated logo, and a rugged-looking skid plate. A small frunk is also present.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
What an utter shitshow. The only thing that can possibly save Tesla is to oust the board and Musk this June. Get people in there who can function at the most basic level. Then, maybe we can see a turnaround.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, also saw that video. It's wild that the weather stripping is that poor on a $100k vehicle. I mean I'm not surprised by it considering all we've heard about Tesla's QC issues in the past, but it's still wild to me.

Here's the video (15:07 for the windshield wiper fluid part):

View: https://youtu.be/bTTMVIhMkkM?si=qQrgPK3gsn5jijGD&t=907

How am I supposed to take that "joke" about taking out a bunch of people, when the mechanic is revving the car, and the truck not being a true american car.

Is this one of those drive into a crowd of protestors guy.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
What an utter shitshow. The only thing that can possibly save Tesla is to oust the board and Musk this June. Get people in there who can function at the most basic level. Then, maybe we can see a turnaround.
I looked through the comments of one of the recent articles about the confusion surrounding the Supercharger Network firings and I was really surprised by the level of anger on display, even from some posters saying they are Tesla investors. It just makes the moves Musk has been making recently that much more confusing. Why not wait until after the vote to make these really unpopular changes to the company?

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
jalopnik.com

Tesla Tells Cybertruck Owner Coolant Leaks Aren't Covered By Warranty After Only 35 Miles

The Cybertruck owner drove just 35 miles after picking up the new truck before it broke down during charging.

f44ee6cc57d64eaabdd4f0432f7fd264.jpg

Called Tesla service and the rep told me Tesla doesn't cover coolant leaks. They did end up sending a tow truck.
Tesla went above and beyond to fix my truck today and get it back to me this afternoon. Very happy.
It was all covered by warranty. I'm very pleased.

lol...
Service scam hotline, newly bought car had to go to the workshop, i'm very pleased

Maybe they told them that it isn't covered by warranty, but they will do it for free if they make a benevolent x post.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
"I still love my Cybertruck!" has to be a meme at this point. Every single Cybertruck owner (all 4,000 of them) can't be this delusional. Yes, they can.

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who's spent a nontrivial amount of their own money on something is going to be very reluctant to admit that it has flaws or just kinda sucks in general, because saying otherwise would be admitting that they made a poor buying decision in the first place.

It's the attitude that Console Wars™ are made of.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a spreadsheet or something keeping track of all the Cybertrucks and their issues?

I feel like I've seen 25% of them on videos broken or something.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
What if I told you that shit's rust?

untreated stainless steel baby
Oh no, that shit's crazy. If they're rusting like that after just a few weeks what they hell are these things going to look like after going thru four seasons?
I'm wondering why they had to stop and charge after 35 miles.
That's also a good question..
It had probably been sitting unattended in a dead mall parking lot for weeks.
And sitting for weeks in a mall could explain the drained battery.

I feel like I asked this multiple times but how did this truck make it out of the design phase?

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
They had to literally recall all of the ones they sold because of an issue just a short while ago?
Ya, that happens though. I'm talking about all the ones that have just bricked entirely. There's that one person keeping track of destroyed Russian military equipment, I'm surprised there's nothing like that for these trucks so far.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh no, that shit's crazy. If they're rusting like that after just a few weeks what they hell are these things going to look like after going thru four seasons?

That's also a good question..

And sitting for weeks in a mall could explain the drained battery.

I feel like I asked this multiple times but how did this truck make it out of the design phase?
Hubris of a petty man child

Oct 25, 2017
So it's not actual rusting of the truck thats been happening it's iron dust collecting on the truck during rail transport that is oxidizing very quickly because there's no static barrier between the stainless steel and the dust. Thats not to say it won't have rust problems down the line but thats the issue with some of the brand new trucks. Looks like ass though and I'm not sure if it can damage the exterior. It's so shitty to upkeep as is.

Last edited: