• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ditusjack

Oct 26, 2017
"indefinitely".
Hmmm, Sony new "policies" striking again?
13-sentinels-aegis-rim-1442343147826_1050x675.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Theswweet

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Seriously? This game was announced in 2015 and we still know next to nothing about it nor have we really seen anything on it.

They pilot the mechs nude, which is about the only thing I can think of that matches what they're talking about. Still, pointless to try and point fingers at Sony when Vanillaware aren't exactly known for releasing games always on time.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It says PS4 only. Also has nothing to do with Sony, this game seems to be in dev hell for a few years already.

A bit worried about Vanillaware...

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
That's too bad, sounds like they'll need to release a Muramasa HD remaster with an awesome steelbook case and LE to pay the bills in the meantime. And then a GrimGrimoire HD remaster. Darn, of all the luck.

brambles13

Oct 27, 2017
Well this is not surprising at all. At least Vita still has 3 great Vanillaware games. Some of the most beautiful games I own. Hopefully 13 Sentinels isn't doomed to permanent development hell and comes out on PS4 and Switch so most people can play it.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's a lack of direction on top of switching the handheld development to Switch.

We've seen so little on the game and all we've really seen is characters walking to the sides in cities and images of mechs.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
"indefinitely".
Hmmm, Sony new "policies" striking again?
13-sentinels-aegis-rim-1442343147826_1050x675.jpg

Published by Atlus so doubt Sony would dare doing this shit with them

I think the game is in dev hell and they don't know what to do/weren't happy with how it was turning out as a adventure game. Gameplay didn't look too hot

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"Indefinitely" is kind of a poor choice of words. That word generally makes a game sound like it's cancelled.

Just to clarify, they updated the release date from "2018" to "TBA." It also mentions that once a release date is decided, the announcement will be posted on the official website.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
They pilot the mechs nude, which is about the only thing I can think of that matches what they're talking about. Still, pointless to try and point fingers at Sony when Vanillaware aren't exactly known for releasing games always on time.

Sure, I know about the content. But the lack of info for so long would suggest that this has more to do with the project kinda being directionless. Like I said, it was announced in 2015 and we're still really in the dark about what it even is. We do know that there's some visual novel element to it, but then there was some really weird looking action sequence shown in one of the trailers.

OP
OP
Theswweet

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
"Indefinitely" is kind of a poor choice of words. That word generally makes a game sound like it's cancelled.

Just to clarify, they updated the release date from "2018" to "TBA." It also mentions that once a release date is decided, the announcement will be posted on the official website.

Was going off of twitter user @HDKirin's words. Indefinitely, while not wrong per se, is definitely a little strong.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this hasn't been seen in forever because they realized the gameplay is wack. This turning out to be some semi-RTS/strategy kind of thing was always weird.

I'm still gonna buy it whenever it comes out though.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Betting they have a lot of art and no idea what to make out of it.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
This turning out to be some weird semi-RTS kind of thing was always weird.

Yep. When it was announced I thought it was gonna be side scroll mecha action mixed with out of mecha adventure game stuff. When we saw the "action" gameplay I kinda lost interest tbh

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018

The "Sony new policies" is primarily the Western Branch of Playstation. Playstation JP has no problem with nudity....as that's basically a 3rd of all japanese indie games tbh.

Mar 4, 2018
This maybe already cancel and turn into something else . Too bad i want to heard Sakimoto Electrict and rock style like Lord of vermilion 2 , really like the song in trailer

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Unfortunate. Vanillaware is still really good when they step out of their comfort zone. Both GrimGrimoire and Grand Knight were good, and this was looking like another of those.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Sad. Please enjoy the cooking music from Dragon's Crown until more information is revealed.

Oct 27, 2017
The "Sony new policies" is primarily the Western Branch of Playstation. Playstation JP has no problem with nudity....as that's basically a 3rd of all japanese indie games tbh.
Add to the fact that when they are going to localize the game they can think about that.

As others said, the gameplay might be the reason (although I was intrigued by what I saw). Whatever it may be, I will get it day one of it comes out.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is surely in dev hell. Hoping for Vanillaware and Atlus to put it on Switch/PS4 since Vita will be dead.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Wasn't there something about them asking Japanese devs to translate the game so that their branch in California can decided whether or not they are fit to be released on the platform EVEN IN JAPAN? So if the devs only plan to release only in Japan, they still need to go through Sony if America or something.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
The "Sony new policies" is primarily the Western Branch of Playstation.

Which is the branch calling the shots now. The Headquarters now in California. This whole mess isn't just about Sony not accepting the rating boards and wanting games to get censored its also about the affected devs requiering to basically go through a special Sony rating aside from Cero just to release the game in Japan on Ps4 and the whole thing is seemingly handled in English on top of that

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
That's outdated info, and now we know that Japanese developers must follow the new regulations and need to send their games to Sony's california office for a second inspection. The worst part about all this is that the paperwork has to be English.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ge...on-hindered-by-recent-sony-regulations.77431/

Last edited:

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Which is the branch calling the shots now. The Headquarters now in California. This whole mess isn't just about Sony not accepting the rating boards and wanting games to get censored its also about the affected devs requiering to basically go through a special Sony rating aside from Cero just to release the game in Japan on Ps4 and the whole thing is seemingly handled in English on top of that

So Sony's the reason why VR Kanojo's not released on the PSVR?!?! Now i'm mad.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt this has to do with Sony's new polices as they usually kick in during the certification process, which this game was nowhere near.
The delay more likely a decision internally on Atlus's end.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Sounds like this will be a PS4\PS5 game or just get cancelled. Anyway, the website just says PS4 only now so I guess that's the only system it's officially coming out on now, if it ever even does at this point.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't about port begging....but I think Vanillaware should release some of their back catalogue on Switch/Steam in the meanwhile.

Seems like an obvious choice...but they also seem to have always crazy limited ressources for everything they do.

Deleted member 46641

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Honestly? Though I liked their previous games, this looked bad. Legitimately awful even. With some awful pedo-bait content.

I guess that lack of momentum and any good ideas added up to this. Hope they can get their act together.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Reminder, and she's 18 years old.
This is like that Mormon bubbling thing, that ps4 pic is more suggestive because they censored the underwear. If I didn't have the context of the other pictures, I'd have thought she was even more undressed than what she actually is.