ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Always wanted a pinball machine, but don't want to spend thousands on one. Hope they do a Addams family one. Still waiting on the TMNT cab to drop in price

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just bump up the price of the cabinet by another $50 or something.

The X-Men Vs SF cabinet just comes out looking like kind of a ripoff. Yeah it comes with Children of the Atom, but they excluded Marvel vs Street Fighter. Most people are going to want the Versus games.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

The X-Men Vs SF cabinet just comes out looking like kind of a ripoff. Yeah it comes with Children of the Atom, but they excluded Marvel vs Street Fighter. Most people are going to want the Versus games.
There's X-men versus SF and MvC1 tho?

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I get the cabinet art is a selling feature but I wish you could just add games instead of missing one or the other

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Both cabs suck for people like me that bought the MSH cab they already have out.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Modded two of these for my brother, might have to get one for myself. I wish they came with Sanwa buttons like the limited Marvel one though

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

It would be more than $50 increase. And very likely they would not agree to it in the first place.

Licensing is funny. There's only so much that companies will agree to for these types of license deals. That includes putting more even titles on one cab or even sharing cabs with other companies.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
I'd be interesting to see if the modding community can mod the hunting cab to work with Time Crisis and other shooting games

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's X-men versus SF and MvC1 tho?
Those two are already in the MVC cabinet though.

If you buy the XvSF cabinet, you miss out on both MvSF and Marvel Superheroes.

If you buy the MvC cabinet, you only miss out on X-Men: Children of the Atom.

Unless the XvSF cab is significantly cheaper, I don't see a reason to get it.

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested to see if they take the lightguns farther and start bringing in more of those games. No clue if they could get the rights to make and sell Time Crisis, Jurassic Park, or House of the Dead but that would be very tempting if they did.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if these have extra ROMs on them hidden behind dev menus and root access. I know the other cab variants had more games on them than advertised, like X-Men vs Street Fighter being on the Mortal Kombat cab and SF2 being on the Turtles In Time one.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
That xmen cab looks like a busy mess combined with the riser
Both the Capcom games do TBH.

I mean, compare them to Ms. Pac-Man. Very few of these Capcom games had dedicated cabs so there's not a lot for 1up to reference, and it shows.

If they did a mini Aero/Blast City or something it would make more sense. Actually that's pretty much exactly what my Dino King conversion is (probably around twice the price though).

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
EaL65DAU4AENbmG.png

Sexy

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I'm shocked they got Ms Pac-Man. Didn't AtGames swipe that from Namco? I hope that means they got it back and that Atgames lost the suit... These do look really good though, and I'm still waiting for the Golden Axe Death Adder cab to get dated.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Alright so there is no license issue and we should demand these Capcom Marvel games get released on modern platforms instead of buying a dumb cabinet

Licensing works differently for these types of stand-alone devices.
Many of these collections or games are only possible specifically because they are not software running on a PC or game console.

Things like Alien vs Predator on that funky Capcom stand-alone arcade stick collection is a similar example. That IP has different restrictions when sold as part of a novelty device (or whatever it would be referred to as) vs software on a console platform/PC.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I need one of these, I've got the perfect spot out on my deck for this and the wife does not care, at all.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be more than $50 increase. Licensing is funny. There's only so much that companies will agree to for these types of license deals. That includes putting more even titles on one cab or even sharing cabs with other companies.
Even if we're talking about licensing costs, It just doesn't make that much sense that one cabinet gets an additional Versus title. They were clearly trying to make a Marvel cabinet and an X-Men cabinet, so why is XvSF on both cabinets? It should be exclusive to the X-Men cab.

From purely a marketing perspective, I think the X-Men cabinet is a much harder sell to consumers when it's "missing" a game. I don't think people really value Children of the Atom that much.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Is it just me or are these smaller than they should

cabinet-marvel-ltd4_600x.png

Yeah they're pretty tiny. I was excited when they were first announced, but when i saw them in person they were way too small. I ended up just investing in a real full sized cabinet instead. However the artwork on these machines look real nice. I just wish that they were full size.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Even if we're talking about licensing costs, It just doesn't make that much sense that one cabinet gets an additional Versus title. They were clearly trying to make a Marvel cabinet and an X-Men cabinet, so why is XvSF on both cabinets? It should be exclusive to the X-Men cab.

From purely a marketing perspective, I think the X-Men cabinet is a much harder sell to consumers when it's "missing" a game. I don't think people really value Children of the Atom that much.

Should ask A1Up.

Xmen cab makes sense. Vs cab makes sense. I bet there will be a price difference for these two as well.

As for COTA... it's got a place since it was the first. I wish that was on the MvC cab actually.

I doubt it honestly. Doesn't that run on a completely different engine?

Yup. It was NAOMI arcade hardware (Dreamcast based). Not CPS. It would be way costlier for them to do. But not impossible.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Are arcade controls an acquired taste? I'm only 26 and I haven't spent a ton of time on arcade machines but they make my hands ache in a matter of minutes

xem

Oct 31, 2017
just give me Ninja Turtles

these really are a good bang for buck product

Bio-Frost

Nov 6, 2017
Bend
I'm shocked they got Ms Pac-Man. Didn't AtGames swipe that from Namco? I hope that means they got it back and that Atgames lost the suit... These do look really good though, and I'm still waiting for the Golden Axe Death Adder cab to get dated.
Same, I was watching the whole time waiting for a Golden Axe release date. Still ill be picking up that Ms. Pacman after seeing how nice the cab is.

just give me Ninja Turtles

That released already, sitting in my living room!

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
Edit: oops
Are arcade controls an acquired taste? I'm only 26 and I haven't spent a ton of time on arcade machines but they make my hands ache in a matter of minutes

You're not wrong. People always want to act like the grass is always greener somewhere else. Part of that mentality comes from when arcade ports to console were always inferior to the real arcade.

But now I'd rather just play games at home sitting in my recliner.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

Never touched an arcade stick in your life eh? Jk

If you grew up with them, you were used to doing things like that.

Am I missing something in the OP? These are arcade games originally.

There are two games in the two cabs that aren't. They are SNES games made by Capcom. War of the Gems and Mutant Apocalypse.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm excited for the Marvel Pinball table! I've wanted a digital pinball table for a while. So if this is somewhat in the same price bracket, I'd certainly pick one up.

Plus, I can't imagine it'd be too difficult to put my already owned tables on it as well.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
The lightguns have to be using IR tracking right?
I'd be interested in hearing how that feels. Modding that to play other lightgun games might be cool. Same with getting other tables in the pinball one.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Pinball being Marvel and Zen is kind of a kick in the nuts as they're two things I don't care for. If a decent enough modding scene opens up around this I may change my mind.