• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DZY_i8FVoAAED2A.jpg

Some of the transphobia is in the post right above yours.

Oh it's about Roseanne. Yikes. Knew she was kinda shit but those tweets. She's all in huh?
Thanks.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Excited for the new season of Scream, 100, Originals and Westworld... almost there.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Apparently CMT was thinking about picking up and continuing Last Man Standing, but it was too expensive. That's too bad, because it was one of the better sitcoms in recent years and I still like watching the re-runs.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The Roseanne renewal was expected given the ratings. I'm honestly surprised it took them until Friday.

I don't really know how to feel about Alex Inc.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
These last few eps of Black Sails S2 (I'm behind on my watching) are edge of your seat exciting... as in I actually sat up to the edge of my fucking seat when at the end of episode 9
Flint's chick gets her head blown off, Flint captured, and Vane of all people (after capturing Flint's ship and killing a bunch if his crew) wants to go save him because the military just went "LOL u guys suck we gonna kill your famous captain nobody's afraid of pirates anymore" and that's not good for everyone.

Oh and Elaenor was captured and handed to the military too lol.

How was this not the season finale back then? It's 3am and I really should be sleeping but I gotta keep going!

Edit: oh shit
Black Beard
at the opening of S3

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
LOL tonight's episode of Once Upon A Time literally has
'Flynn's Barcade" a Tron themed bar and arcade.

They are trying hard to cram every little reference they can for the final season.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
LOL tonight's episode of Once Upon A Time literally has
'Flynn's Barcade" a Tron themed bar and arcade.

They are trying hard to cram every little reference they can for the final season.

I stopped watching with the season 6 finale, now that season 7 is announced as the end i'm kinda torn on watching the whole thing or not. On the one hand I know its going to be wretchedly bad, on the other hand... I can say I watched every episode of Once Upon a Time. Which doesn't sound as appealing when I actually write it down.

I think the people who left are coming back for the finale so at least I'll watch that.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, are people attacking Sara Gilbert for working on the show? Because I've heard her speak, at leas previous to the show being announced, and she seems like she would be the type of person who wouldn't allow real Roseanne to infect fake Roseanne.

It's still the only show I've seen to at least pay lip service to gender queering without tying gender identity to sexual identity.
(Eddie wearing a skirt on FoB doesn't count :p)

Touche. lol

I think One Day at a Time handled preferred pronouns with serious class this season. I know that's not quite the same but I was impressed to see it.

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped watching with the season 6 finale, now that season 7 is announced as the end i'm kinda torn on watching the whole thing or not. On the one hand I know its going to be wretchedly bad, on the other hand... I can say I watched every episode of Once Upon a Time. Which doesn't sound as appealing when I actually write it down.

I think the people who left are coming back for the finale so at least I'll watch that.
The main focus about Henry & Cinderella at first is awful because she is a horrendous actress,
However a lot of the other stuff is some of the more interesting or fun the series has been in a long time.

New Hook
Detective Rumple & Detective Hook
Drizella
Lady Tremaine
Grottel
New Alice
teen-age Robyn

Last edited:

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
THR: 'A League of Their Own' TV Series in the Works at Amazon
Amazon Studios is ready to take a big swing. The retail giant/streaming service is developing a TV series based on Penny Marshall's Tom Hanks and Geena Davis feature, A League of Their Own. Mozart in the Jungle's Will Graham and Broad City's Abbi Jacobson will co-write and executive produce what is being described less as a traditional reboot and more as a modern look at the story. The project is being envisioned as a half-hour comedy series. For now, the Amazon take is in development, with a mini-writers room set to open and deliver scripts before Amazon makes a decision. Jacobson will not have an onscreen role. Amazon and Sony declined comment, as Jacobson's deal is not done yet.

Deadline: 'Trust' Off To Slow Ratings Start, 'Barry' & 'The Terror' OK
FX's limited series Trust, about the abduction in Italy of John Paul Getty III, launched last Sunday with 1.38 million Live+3 viewers, according to Nielsen data released today. That was up +74% from the 797,000, who watched the Simon Beaufoy/Danny Boyle drama in Live+Same Day but way below recent drama/limited premieres on FX. That includes Feud (3.8 million viewers in Live+3), The People v O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story (8.3 million), Taboo (3.43 million), Legion (3.27 million) and Snowfall (2.24 million). In FX's target adults 18-49 demographic, Trust drew 422,000 L3 viewers. I can't think of another recent FX drama premiere that has posted L3 18-49 tally under 1 million.

Also Sunday,HBO's new hit man comedy series Barry opened with 1.01 million viewers. That was a tad above the recent Season 2 premiere of Divorce (966,000 in L3) and doubled the viewership for the Season 2 debut of Crashing (591,000), which has been renewed for a third season. Barry followed the Season 5 premiere of Silicon Valley (1.2 million), showing a solid 83% retention.

Once again, AMC's The Walking Dead was the most watched cable program with 9.85 million viewers, up a fraction from the previous week's 9.76 million. It was followed by the debut of new AMC series The Terror (4.16 million), which held onto 42% of its massive lead-in but still easily topped anything else on cable Sunday night.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
I have no clue why FX thought Trust was something worth making.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the first episode, but I knew it would be a flop from the second I heard about it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Netflix app thought it was important to let me know Zoo Season 3 is now available... ok which one of you works for Netflix, admit it!

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I think One Day at a Time handled preferred pronouns with serious class this season. I know that's not quite the same but I was impressed to see it.
Oh yeah, that's right. Honestly I'm just happy that they let the daughter date someone, since a lot of the time being gay on TV is just an identity and isn't related to sex or relationships at all.
(Thanks Modern Family :p)

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Killing Eve is good.
With a body count that easily reaches double digits, it might sound strange to describe BBC America's new crime drama Killing Eve as "fun." But dammit, it is fun — an addictive and surprisingly witty thriller powered by two remarkable female performances, and a welcome counterbalance to dour, moody British crime dramas like Luther and The Fall. (Who says you can't solve murders and have a laugh, huh?)

Killing Eve's razor-sharp wit is what elevates it above the standard crime drama, and that comes straight from the pen of Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who also created and stars in Amazon's sex-com gem Fleabag. Her writing here (based on the novellas by Luke Jennings) is relentlessly clever, with a staunchly feminist point of view and a pitch-black sense of humor. Every scene is spiked with laughs, which helps lighten up the admittedly dark subject matter, especially as the dead bodies start to pile up. Even the small roles are affectionately written and acted, from True Blood's Fiona Shaw as deadpan spy boss Carolyn to Penny Dreadful's David Haig as Eve's hapless superior Bill.

After years of slogging our way through endlessly grim crime dramas, Eve's fast-paced, lighthearted tone is downright refreshing. Villanelle's international kill missions have a nice bounce to them, and the intense game of cat-and-mouse between her and Eve recalls the mutual obsession of Hannibal's Dr. Lecter and Will Graham, only with a more playful, feminine edge. The tension ratchets up beautifully as these two women circle each other, on an inevitable collision course. Killing Eve would make an ideal binge-watch, actually, with each episode leaving you wanting more. It's just a shame these women are so determined to take each other down — because that means we won't get to watch them chase each other across the globe for years to come.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, yeah. I loved Murder One, that led me to catching a repeat run of Hill Street Blues, but I never got around to seeing LA Law or NYPD Blue. Perhaps I ought to do something about that.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that SHIELD sells strongly internationally. It would be mind boggling to see it renewed again. It averages a 0.57!
It's solid as hell tbh.

It's been weak and it's been strong but it's a hell of a ride. Ghost Rider was a peak. This season is a mixed bag but seems to be on the rise. It's way better than the current arc's of Arrow or Supergirl. Legends is okay I guess this budget infinity stone crap is kind poor but Dhark is winning it for me. Flash has the worst villain but nice "monster of the week" stuff.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, yeah. I loved Murder One, that led me to catching a repeat run of Hill Street Blues, but I never got around to seeing LA Law or NYPD Blue. Perhaps I ought to do something about that.

LA Law was fantastic back in the day, hopefully it holds up. NYPD Blue is still absolutely incredible.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Season 2 of The Standups is pretty good, well at least the 3 out of 6 I've watched.

I love that they continue to have equal male and female comedians too.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Once Upon a Time should've ended a season ago but I'll be sad to see it go.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Joe List is phenomenal, his podcast Tuesdays with Stories is great.

The others are strong too.

Make that four out of six, this 4th ep with Rachel Feinstein was great, and so was the third with Kyle Kinane. Overall it's been much stronger than season 1 which I felt was very hit and miss (I guess the last two can still shit the bed tho).

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
All I want is a renewal confirmation for Agents of SHIELD. C'mon ABC! Maybe there will be some sort of crossover with Infinity War in the coming episodes this month that'll increase the ratings a bit. Fingers crossed!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
final tally on Standups season 2 imo is 5/6, didnt like the last episode, the powerpoint presentation did nothing for me. Still, much stronger season overall compared to the first, I hope they do more, its a great way for me to find these stand up comedians which I otherwise would never have heard from. It cant be a expensive production either, it looks like they shoot all 6 episodes in one massive 3 hour show and they go one after the other, at least it looks that way.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
final tally on Standups season 2 imo is 5/6, didnt like the last episode, the powerpoint presentation did nothing for me. Still, much stronger season overall compared to the first, I hope they do more, its a great way for me to find these stand up comedians which I otherwise would never have heard from. It cant be a expensive production either, it looks like they shoot all 6 episodes in one massive 3 hour show and they go one after the other, at least it looks that way.
Aparna's insanely funny on Twitter, but the powerpoint has been hit and miss with people.

They film over two nights and give away the tickets for free. I'm not sure how much the comics get paid, just "a lot less than Mo'Nique was offered". Total costs are probably only a few million.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Another new Simpsons rating less than a 1.0 in the demo?! I stopped watching years ago but I thought that the Simpsons still had better pulling power than that on a Sunday night. Given how expensive it is to make maybe the Simpsons are finally closer to the end of the series than the beginning even with the potential Disney merger.

Also, I thought Deception was doing better than it actually is. A 0.8 after Idol isn't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.