• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Happy to see Divorce coming back for what we should assume is a series finale. I really came to like the show after a few episodes, and Molly Shannon is the ultimate scene-stealer. Last season could've worked just fine as an ending, so we'll see how it's really wrapped up.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a way to show how bad the CG looks in Hawaii 5-0. Yet somehow it's endearing... it's like one of those 5 dollar Star Wars fan films that tries to have a lot of special effects and make a film as ambitious as a big budget film and you feel bad because you know they're trying so hard. lol

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Vulture - Do you have any thoughts about the life span of the show [Silicon Valley], or do you feel like, as long as there's technology, we can keep it going?

Mike Judge - You know, at first I was thinking that we'd end it at six, but I was talking to a person in the tech world — well, I guess I'm signing an NDA, so I can't talk about it. But just when I think we've dragged it on too long without them getting rich, this stuff really happens. There are people that have companies that are valued at hundreds of millions or even a billion, and they still aren't rich yet themselves, and it's still stressful and still crazy.

When we started Silicon Valley, I thought, "Maybe we're too late. They already did The Social Network and that was great, maybe this has passed." But it's just been more drama and craziness, and the tech world just keeps fueling stories. You know, originally we thought of it as a show like Dallas or Falcon Crest, but with tech money instead of oil or wine, and those shows went on for however many seasons. I think this could go on another two or three, if everybody wanted to keep doing it.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/11/mike-judge-on-tales-from-the-tour-bus-and-king-of-the-hill.html

No.

Also,

There's been talk for awhile about the possibility of King of the Hill coming back. Is that still an ongoing conversation?

Yeah, we're still having conversations about it. Nothing yet. We've just all been busy with other stuff. All the people involved and who we've been talking to, I guess I'm not supposed to say. [Laughs.] But we've been talking about it over the last year, and I think we might have a way to do it. So yeah, that's another one we're kicking around.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
HOLY CRAP THAT OPENING HAWAII FIVE 0 WAS NOT GREAT

LOOKED FUCKING BAD

EDIT:

WAIT, KONO DUMPED ADAM??!?!?!

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEET

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Happy about Divorce. It's not astounding television but it's cozy and funny and charming enough, especially in S2.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I swear, I keep forgetting to post Friday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2018-Nov-02.FRI_.png

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
RatskyWatsky is anime allowed for the top 10 thread? Cause I was thinking back on what I watched this year, to see if I even had 10 shows, and remembered Devilman Crybaby, which is anime, but also Netflix so how does that work?

and speaking off, finally started watching Castlevania and its dope. I expected a lot of things, drunk ass Trevor Belmont being kicked in the nuts was not one of them lol.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
RatskyWatsky is anime allowed for the top 10 thread? Cause I was thinking back on what I watched this year, to see if I even had 10 shows, and remembered Devilman Crybaby, which is anime, but also Netflix so how does that work?

and speaking off, finally started watching Castlevania and its dope. I expected a lot of things, drunk ass Trevor Belmont being kicked in the nuts was not one of them lol.

Not really, but that didn't stop people from voting for Neo Yokio and Castlevania last year (I guess because they're technically not anime). Devilman Crybaby won't be allowed because it's a real anime and lots of people will be voting for it in the Anime of the Year thread.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017

Join us in voting in the Anime of the Year thread instead.

And use the other people's lists to watch the great anime you didn't watch, as well.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Join us in voting in the Anime of the Year thread instead.

And use the other people's lists to watch the great anime you didn't watch, as well.

I dont watch anime tho, I wouldnt have 10. I wouldnt have 2 even. Well I would have 2 if Castlevania is considered.

Not really, but that didn't stop people from voting for Neo Yokio and Castlevania last year (I guess because they're technically not anime). Devilman Crybaby won't be allowed because it's a real anime and lots of people will be voting for it in the Anime of the Year thread.

so is Castlevania a yes or a no? Ill have watched that by then.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 12 - The Haunting of Hill House - 10 hours
Oct 19 - Daredevil, Wanderlust - 19 hours
Oct 24 - Bodyguard - 6 hours
Oct 25 - Heathers - 6 hours
Oct 26 - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Castlevania - 14 hours
Nov 2 - Homecoming - 5 hours
Nov 9 - Patriot - 9 hours
Nov 16 - Dogs, The Kominsky Method - 7+ hours
Nov 19 - The Last Kingdom - 8 hours

send help

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

send help
Season 4 of The Bureau starts November 21!

... By "help" you did mean suggestions, right?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

send help

how was Wanderlust?

Deleted member 46641

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 12, 2018
I don't think I've watched any widely acclaimed shows this year other than Bojack Horseman.

What's a good list of recommendations so I can catch up?

Oct 28, 2017
You want new shows or just stuff that's consistently good this year? What types of shows do you like? There's a metric ton of okay to great TV to choose from.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've watched any widely acclaimed shows this year other than Bojack Horseman.

What's a good list of recommendations so I can catch up?
I'm just gonna give you a quick top 5 of the year so far:

1. Patrick Melrose episode 3
2. Patrick Melrose episode 2
3. Patrick Melrose episode 5
4. Patrick Melrose episode 4
5. Patrick Melrose episode 1

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
Give me the metric ton

Except get rid of any shows with content about sexual assault in them. Don't need trauma flashbacks in my bingewatch.

You've been given the metric ton. I'll give you my favorite picks so far:

Outlander (season 4 is this month)
The Last Kingdom (season 3 is this month)
Norsemen (Comedy)
Patriot (season 2 is this month)
The Americans (ended this year)
Billions
Ballers
Handmaids Tale

There's probably more. That's off the top of my head.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017

send help

I regret to inform you, Narcos: Mexico is also very, very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.